[APP][Root][4.0+] KernelControl Beta [update 9][Plugin interface]

Search This thread

Benee

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 15, 2010
Sorry for not posting updates for a longer time. I'm currently busy with university and so working on the nearly complete ui rewrite takes some time ;)

Currently I'm working on adjusting some libraries to my needs and extending the UI generation of the plugin interface. This will allow me to add interfaces with one or two lines of code. Which will be awesome.

So yeah I need more spare time hehe

Edit: Still working. on the update. Time is scare..

Last edited:

dr.lube

Jan 18, 2013
Bolzano
Hello benee! How are you? I get a lot of reboot while using your KC.. Maybe there is something corrupted in my phone (p990).. Can you help me? It doesn't happen if I use cpu adjuster (maybe it's just a coincidence) https://db.tt/LHnhh3BM thanks!

Inviato dal mio GT-P3110 utilizzando Tapatalk

Benee

Mar 15, 2010
Hello benee! How are you? I get a lot of reboot while using your KC.. Maybe there is something corrupted in my phone (p990).. Can you help me? It doesn't happen if I use cpu adjuster (maybe it's just a coincidence) https://db.tt/LHnhh3BM thanks!

Inviato dal mio GT-P3110 utilizzando Tapatalk

Still busy and I'm trying to find some time for the rewrite. KernelControl allows more customization than CPU adjuster. Have you changed some VM, Governor, LMK settings? Some values there could definitely cause an unstable phone

dr.lube

Jan 18, 2013
Bolzano
Still busy and I'm trying to find some time for the rewrite. KernelControl allows more customization than CPU adjuster. Have you changed some VM, Governor, LMK settings? Some values there could definitely cause an unstable phone

no, only a little bit of overclock.. i've freazed the app and now it's fine.. :S i'll make more test

Benee

Mar 15, 2010
I love this app and am not usually one to beg but please please! Dont die out :)

No need to worry. I'm currently pretty busy with studying and working for the university and I decided to do a rewrite. Yep. This will take some time, but this allows me to add some nice features + finally clean everything up and do a open source project :)

Edit:

Oh you can track the progress on my github in real time ;). Currently I'm finishing the theming feature (yeah even dark ui is included and multiple accent colors). So yeah pretty basic for now ;).

Last edited:

Omario-242

Feb 18, 2011
Munich
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Really appreciate your work on this app :) beautiful UI, good features and perfect amount of information. It's working on my device (at least now ;))

Sent from my 4X HD via XDA Premium

Benee

Mar 15, 2010
Hi,

I wish you all a merry christmas first ;). Secondly I was working hard over the last days to implement the theming capabilities and I had some time to think about a different way than the current swipe stuff to navigate between tabs. IMHO swipes are horrible with SeekBars :D.

Anyway here, have some screenshots for the theming stuff (pretty rough right now). As from now on always: Source on my github

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-26-02-13-03.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-26-02-13-03.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot_2013-12-26-02-13-22.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-26-02-13-22.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_2013-12-26-02-13-29.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-26-02-13-29.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 165

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
Wow @Benee that's awesome :D
Where can we download it?
It's probably right that people are most creative in the middle of the night ^^
Frohe Weihnachten ;)

Gesendet von meinem C6503 mit Tapatalk

Benee

Mar 15, 2010
Wow @Benee that's awesome :D
Where can we download it?
It's probably right that people are most creative in the middle of the night ^^
Frohe Weihnachten ;)

Gesendet von meinem C6503 mit Tapatalk

Still working on it and will be for some time (as always no ETAs :D). Complete rewrite of the app. I wanted to open source the old one, but I just thought "Nah screw it. Let's start again and open source it from the beginning".

Oh and the middle of the night thing. I started to programm the expandable drawer thingy in the afternoon, but I had to leave the PC. With an incomplete feature. The itch was to big....

[Update]
Slow but steady progress. But vacations are near - only ~1 month left. Then I finally have spare time again, Yay!

[Update]
Ok. I decided, that the app will be released under GPL license. The app will be free and open source all the time ;)

Last edited:

Benee

Mar 15, 2010
Hi,

I managed to get something done since the last update ;). So I just thought I just write something about it.

First - I'm sorry - the plugin interface won't be part of this app anymore. Too many potential issues and the last version was just a terrible hack. I have no idea to implement this in a clean way.

Then second I'm nearly done with the whole UI backend. Yay. I attached some screenshots. The chart at the top disappears with the a nice parallax effect. Oh and translucent status bar for the kitkat users :)

Anyways. This will still take some time. In the following weeks my time will be even more limited : /.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-12-01-14-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-12-01-14-41.png
    57 KB · Views: 337
  • Screenshot_2014-01-12-01-15-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-12-01-15-07.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 340
  • Screenshot_2014-01-12-01-15-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-12-01-15-20.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 332
  • Screenshot_2014-01-12-01-33-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-12-01-33-15.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 322
Reactions: aosp and owais40

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
Is it compatible to android 4.3?
Because it force closes at my Xperia ZL. Once it only showed the info...
Liebe Grüße

Gesendet von meinem C6506 mit Tapatalk

Benee

Mar 15, 2010
Is it compatible to android 4.3?
Because it force closes at my Xperia ZL. Once it only showed the info...
Liebe Grüße

Gesendet von meinem C6506 mit Tapatalk

Hey,

it should run on 4.3. Maybe something weird with the kernel or something other. Anyway complete rewrite in progress. So doesn't matter anymore.

aosp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 12, 2010
Hi,

I managed to get something done since the last update ;). So I just thought I just write something about it.

First - I'm sorry - the plugin interface won't be part of this app anymore. Too many potential issues and the last version was just a terrible hack. I have no idea to implement this in a clean way.

Then second I'm nearly done with the whole UI backend. Yay. I attached some screenshots. The chart at the top disappears with the a nice parallax effect. Oh and translucent status bar for the kitkat users :)

Anyways. This will still take some time. In the following weeks my time will be even more limited : /.

Looks awesome ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Benee

Mar 15, 2010
Hi,

finally some time again :). The bright colorful action bar is gone and was replaced by a elegant transparent action bar (and status bar). The dark ui is working out really way and I think I'm starting to digging it. The parallax effect is gone too. The chart now stays fixed at the top and the content (the cards with settings) will scroll over it.

So what's left? the content obviously and I need to work on the chart stuff. I will work on the chart stuff first and I will turn it into a small library (free and open source of course ;) ). Then adding the content. I can kang some stuff from the old app from it. This won't take too long (which is awesome).

That's it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-36-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-36-00.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 238
  • Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-36-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-36-07.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 239
  • Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-36-27.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-36-27.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-36-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-36-33.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-36-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-36-43.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-35-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-35-51.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 204

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I'm presenting you KernelControl. A beautiful app to tweak your kernel.

Banner1.png

This is a beta at the moment, because I only have a limited device pool and testing the app on friend's phones resulted in some workarounds. The app will be released on Play Store after the beta is over for a few bucks, but I will post new free, full featured and ad free versions here from time to time.

Google+ Community for better communication: click

Features:
    • Phone, 7 inch and 10 inch layout
    • Card UI
    • A safe boot receiver. It should detect if the shutdown was wanted or a dropout
    • CPU frequency changing
    • CPU Governor Changing and tweaking the governor kernel parameter
    • Voltage changing
    • Low Memory Killer tweaking
    • VM Settings tweaking
    • Switch the I/O scheduler
    • tweak the kernel parameter of the I/O scheduler
    • Change the readahead buffer size
    • Change the TCP congestion control
    • Toggle fast charging (if supported)
    • Lots of informations about your device. Like CPU load, average system load, information about your SOC, time in state and RAM usage information [available for users without root access]
    • Create your own plugins! More info here
    • More to come

Plugin API:
    If you want to add a plugin I have created a simple API available at Github. Feel free to message me here on xda, the g+ community or via the in app contact options. I will respond as soon as I can ;)

So if you want to help, test it and if it crashes provide a logcat output of the error and some small description what you have done. Please post issues with the app like unexpected behaviour and last but not least if you find some spelling, grammar etc. mistakes, please post this too (english isn't my native language).

If you have any idea to further improve this app, please post it here too.

Changelog:
    • Update-1: Fix for devices with a smaller screen than 360dp
    • Update-2: Fix hdpi layout getting cropped
    • Update-3: More bug fixes
    • Update-4: Fixed threading issues, fixed some more force closes, fixed the spinner issue (setting a item without a change by the user), DashClock extension
    • Update-5: Build with proguard (smaller size), bug fixes, automatically crash reporting (you can opt out if you need the tinfoil head), new package name (you can deinstall the old app. The old naming will be used for the Play Store variant)
    • Update-6: Only crash fixes. Lots of them.
    • Update-7: Huge changelog
    • Update-8: Plugin interface. For the rest have a look here
    • Update-9: Plugin interface: Feature request: hide VM, Governor, I/O Settings via a plugin. Layout fixes for tablets.

Permissions explained:
    • RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: for the boot restore
    • ACCESS_SUPERUSER: Manipulating kernel interfaces
    • INTERNET: Crash reporting and Analytics (to help me improve the app)
    • ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Same Crash reporting and Analytics
    • GET_ACCOUNTS: Never used unless you attach contact information to your crash report
    • USE_CREDENTIALS: Never used unless you attach contact information to your crash report
    • READ_PROFILE: Never used unless you attach contact information to your crash report
    • READ_CONTACTS: Never used unless you attach contact information to your crash report

Libraries used in this project:
    • Crouton
    • RootTools
    • Crashlytics
    • Analytics
    • Dashclock API

Hi,

I wish you all a merry christmas first ;). Secondly I was working hard over the last days to implement the theming capabilities and I had some time to think about a different way than the current swipe stuff to navigate between tabs. IMHO swipes are horrible with SeekBars :D.

Anyway here, have some screenshots for the theming stuff (pretty rough right now). As from now on always: Source on my github
    Hi,

finally some time again :). The bright colorful action bar is gone and was replaced by a elegant transparent action bar (and status bar). The dark ui is working out really way and I think I'm starting to digging it. The parallax effect is gone too. The chart now stays fixed at the top and the content (the cards with settings) will scroll over it.

So what's left? the content obviously and I need to work on the chart stuff. I will work on the chart stuff first and I will turn it into a small library (free and open source of course ;) ). Then adding the content. I can kang some stuff from the old app from it. This won't take too long (which is awesome).

That's it
    Plugin interface!

Hi!

I have finally finished it ;) hehe. So..

Changelog Beta 8:
    • Plugin interface!
    • Dashclock Settings fixed
    • Restyle of cards. Now the "apply on boot" option is always in the overflow menu
    • Long card titles are scaled down, so they don't overlap anymore
    • Moved from ACRA to Crashlytics. Much stabler service. Toggling reporting is gone, I wrote them a feature request - hopefully it will be added.
    • No need to enter your Contact information if you enable attach to crash report. It is fetched from your g+ account and the owner contact information.
    • Added a link to the XDA thread in settings.
    • New icon

So if you have a favorite kernel or you are a kernel developer (or a person who is capable of writing a bit of code and want some specific interfaces available) - check out the API at my Github and develope your own plugin. It is pretty easy to develope and maintain.
    +1
    thanks for ur amazing app
    waiting for badass (v2.0) ....

The app ui looks so nice :) waiting eagerly to try this app along with @alin.p's Badass kernel :)

Nice to see you guys here ;)

I'm currently working on overcoming the last hurdle for the plugin interface. The complete UI generation of the plugin cards are done. The only thing missing is the representation of the cards (a grid with dynamics heights) - for the guys who want to point me to staggered gridview: Yep I know this but it can't be applied here.

But hey I made some nice progress on this today ;)

Edit:

Finally only a few bugs are left with the 10 inch tablet ui. But here is a version of the phone ui:
    Screenshot_2013-09-15-23-42-28.png