Cheap USB jig

Search This thread

rebel1699

Feb 13, 2008
Oklahoma
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 4 XL
If anyone has a Dollar Tree near them, they have some cheap little micro usb charging/data docks for $1.00. I bought 6 just to see how they did. For $6.00, I had to. After getting them home, I took one apart to check it out, and was happy to see that the wire connection point to the micro usb pins were bare and unshielded. I have a big supply of resistors around, so I soldered two 150k ohm resistors inline to pin 4 and 5. Reassembled the dock, and voila, a usb jig dock for $1.00.

Just thought anyone near a Dollar Tree might want to take advantage of these little things for the price. You might not need a jig, but they seem to charge pretty well and connect to the pc without any issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1392187392561.jpg
    1392187392561.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 3,173

andrewdroid

Oct 19, 2010
New York, NY
Samsung Galaxy S21
I thought Dollar Trees wouldn't exist in my city, but apparently there's one in Harlem. Anyway, I actually already have a USB Jig I bought for a Samsung Captivate, but it doesn't seem to do anything for my GS4. But the thing is when I search ebay, a bunch of USB jigs they sell seem to include almost all the Galaxy phones, so I'm confused. Are there ones that are backwards compatible but not forwards compatible?

rebel1699

Feb 13, 2008
Oklahoma
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 4 XL
The one I have works on my GS2 i727, GS3 i747 and GS4 i337. It is just 300k resistance between pin 4 and 5.

I also have another one I made, but it is stick style. Made the one from a dock just because it was cheap and kinda cool.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2011
I actually bought on of these just as a dock... Neat to know we can make a jig out of them too! Thanks for the information! Also I was surprised to see bumper cases at dollar tree for the s4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Apr 6, 2011
And there it is next to the old s2 running shostock3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392930340718.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392930340718.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 151

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anyone has a Dollar Tree near them, they have some cheap little micro usb charging/data docks for $1.00. I bought 6 just to see how they did. For $6.00, I had to. After getting them home, I took one apart to check it out, and was happy to see that the wire connection point to the micro usb pins were bare and unshielded. I have a big supply of resistors around, so I soldered two 150k ohm resistors inline to pin 4 and 5. Reassembled the dock, and voila, a usb jig dock for $1.00.

Just thought anyone near a Dollar Tree might want to take advantage of these little things for the price. You might not need a jig, but they seem to charge pretty well and connect to the pc without any issue.

Had to make a second post. Dang mobile app wont let me attach more than one pic per post.