[APP] Touch2Wake Control 1.0.8 2014-02-12

Search This thread

-MaD-

Jan 4, 2011
It would be great to have this app on Playstore. Just for the autoupdate... Thank you!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
You can donate to me, as soon as i have the money for dev account together i publish this and scoobycontrol

popoyaya

Oct 23, 2010
London
Very useful app for when at home but I can't get the "forever while charging" setting to work. it always defaults to the defined timeout, at least whilst charging via laptop.

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
Very useful app for when at home but I can't get the "forever while charging" setting to work. it always defaults to the defined timeout, at least whilst charging via laptop.

Cant think of what does this, also it seems you are the only one with that problem yet. If you can describe a bit better what happens and when it happens we can look if we find a way to debug this.

Casanoaa

Jun 24, 2012
Aarhus
It doesn't work on mine s3 4.3 Wanamlite.
I have installed and applied. Nothing happens when I touch lockscreen.

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
It doesn't work on mine s3 4.3 Wanamlite.
I have installed and applied. Nothing happens when I touch lockscreen.

You need a kernel that supports touch2wake. Also you need to realize functionality of t2w, it adds a period, after screen turns off by screen-timeout, when you can wake the device by touching the screen. Usually this is set to 5 seconds, this app changes the timeout dynamically depending on situation.

Reactions: Casanoaa

Casanoaa

Jun 24, 2012
Aarhus
You need a kernel that supports touch2wake. Also you need to realize functionality of t2w, it adds a period, after screen turns off by screen-timeout, when you can wake the device by touching the screen. Usually this is set to 5 seconds, this app changes the timeout dynamically depending on situation.

Sorry I think it could be used with stock kernel

-MaD-

Jan 4, 2011
Hi Fadefx is it possible for you to add "no touchwake while in call" function?
Would be great.
Thank you for thinking about!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
Hi Fadefx is it possible for you to add "no touchwake while in call" function?
Would be great.
Thank you for thinking about!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

I think touchwake isnt active in call anyway. Usually the screen goes off by proximity during call and not by screen timeout.

If i am on a wrong path, please let me know...

-MaD-

Jan 4, 2011
I think touchwake isnt active in call anyway. Usually the screen goes off by proximity during call and not by screen timeout.

If i am on a wrong path, please let me know...

I have this problem: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50229174&postcount=1522 and it seems to be solved when touch2wake is deactivated.
Mostly the call ends, when I put my phone to my ear.
Just an idea, dont know if this would be a solution?!

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
I have this problem: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50229174&postcount=1522 and it seems to be solved when touch2wake is deactivated.
Mostly the call ends, when I put my phone to my ear.
Just an idea, dont know if this would be a solution?!

So you mean that proximity sensor fails when touch2wake is enabled with devil kernel? I guess that is a bad implementation of touch2wake by derTeufel1980 as this does not occure with googy-max kernel. However, i will have a look at this for you ;)

shaarky

Dec 1, 2007
OnePlus 9 Pro
@FadeFx, sorry, just want to try it, but could you comment on Redirect outgoing call permission? Don't get it wrong, just asking, appreciating your work however and really eager to try it.

*update* That's odd, before installation it is listed there... but then it's not listed in the permission eg. in XPrivacy guard... maybe its a glitch? ...but still see it under application details :(

Last edited:

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
@FadeFx, sorry, just want to try it, but could you comment on Redirect outgoing call permission? Don't get it wrong, just asking, appreciating your work however and really eager to try it.

*update* That's odd, before installation it is listed there... but then it's not listed in the permission eg. in XPrivacy guard... maybe its a glitch? ...but still see it under application details :(

Its not a glitch, if u click the permission during installation, you see that it also enables to monitor outgoing calls, which i obviously need now besides monitor incoming calls so i can disable touch2wake while in call.

Edit: blocking that permission would obviously also block that workaround but nothing else. If someone is interested i would be willing to share the tasker project to evaluate there is nothing shady in my app.

Edit 2: you could be right however it could be a glitch, as actually reading phone state should be enough, but tasker seems to also add that permission into manifest when monitoring calls in both directions. Will contact pent on that matter, probably its unnecessary and can be fixed in a later version. Thanx for mentioning.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaarky

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, on request of our fellow user @Viper_21 i built a tool that gives a bit more control to the touch2wake feature built into some custom kernels like googy_max and other kernels.

You have options to configure touch2wake on a more finegrained basis and up to higher values (seconds and minutes) as well as a different value for when headphones are connected. Also you can set it to forever when connected to a power source.

While some may consider this as useless, this may be helpful for special usecases as in car, where you can't easily unlock your device normally, or at home. I didn't even have the need for such an app until i did the first tests with it.

If you think it could be a nice to have thing, feel free to download and please leave a comment on how you use it and also about any bug you came across.

Download: https://app.box.com/s/4n2r7f1zze2xtdvrlz35 v1.0.8

ynyjy4a9.jpg

Changelog:

14-02-12 v1.0.8

workaround for Devil2 kernel proximity issue thanx to @-MaD-

13-09-26 v1.0.7

Built with tasker 4.2beta8 (fixes manual input issue)
    Better positioning and sizing of number pickers to support touchwiz design
    Added toast message when value applied

13-09-26 v1.0.6

Added current timeout Display
    Changed sliders to number pickers
    Number pickers now always show standard timeout

13-09-24 v1.0.5

Initial public release

Thanx to:

Googy_Anas for his amazing kernel
    Viper_21 for idea and testing
    Pent for his allmighty Tasker tool

This App is free and without ads,
    if you like it, just hit the thanx button!

If you feel generous, you can even

(no beer please, i dont drink!)​
    New version uploaded

changes:
    workaround for proximity issue in Devil2 kernel

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

ah, now i know what number you mean, but its part of the slider element in tasker, i can not modify this. only option is to have an extra number display somewhere but i think in near future i am gonna change the sliders against number pickers anyways....

the popup is planed for next release...

tapatalked from MK908v3
    Is this similar to the PGM app in nexus line?

I have no idea what pgm app is about... can you give more info?

Edit: found it, but no, its different.

Touch2Wake is a kernel feature that lets you wake the device by a simple touch for a given time after screen goes off by screen timeout. No gesture needed at all.

This app gives control of the time you have from screen off to wake the device, but also lets you choose different time for headphone mode or when connected to power source.

please I want to use on stock kernel
    there is no way to do so, you need a kernel that supports touch2wake, this app is just an interface to have more control on that kernel feature.

tapatalked from i9300