Apologies if this is a repost, but I can't quite find the answer I'm looking for, so here's my issue.
- Nexus 7 2013 (Mobile) - 4.4.2
- Mac OS X Mavericks development laptop
- Followed instructions at source.android.com for downloading from master and building the OS
- From lunch, used aosp_deb-userdebug
- make / unlock / fastboot -w -p deb flashall
- Boom! Soft brick! Can't get past the Google splash screen.
I was able to use fastboot to reinstall the factory image -- razorg/KOT49H -- which relieved me greatly.
But I can't figure out what I might have done wrong. It seems pretty straightforward; but I know very little about kernels/recovery/etc.
I am normally just an app developer.
Currently, I am downloading the specific tag for 4.4.2 and going to try to build again, but I thought I'd poll the forum.
Thanks for any suggestions!