[Q] Stealth Black Version scratch repair

Search This thread

Hans_Schlila

Dec 2, 2012
www.facebook.com
Hi there, i've used my One for about 3 Months now and since then, sadly some ( you also could speak of many :) ) scratches, especially around the corners and edges, can be seen. While this probably would not matter, if i had choosen the silver version, i definitely hate to notice all this glittering and sparkling silver scratches, which of course wouldnt be noticed that much on a silver casing, would they? Nevertheless I found a kind of temporary solution to fix those ugly spots: black permanent foil-pen to overpaint those.... The result doesnt look bad ( at least if you dont use a magnifying glass ;) but the problem is that i always have to re-paint my device in a period of ~ 4 days, because it's not "permanent" enough... I wondered if some of you already experienced that problem and found a better solution or something that works for a longer time :D ; I also consider switching the back casing maybe... . Thx in advance!

P.s. I aready know that special sticker-skins ( shttp://www.slickwraps.com/HTC-One-Wraps-Skins-s/562.htm ), but just heard bad things about them (dont stick properly and peel of easily after some time of use)

Last edited:

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a
Hi there, i've used my One for about 3 Months now and since then, sadly some ( you also could speak of many :) ) scratches, especially around the corners and edges, can be seen. While this probably would not matter, if i had choosen the silver version, i definitely hate to notice all this glittering and sparkling silver scratches, which of course wouldnt be noticed that much on a silver casing, would they? Nevertheless I found a kind of temporary solution to fix those ugly spots: black permanent foil-pen to overpaint those.... The result doesnt look bad ( at least if you dont use a magnifying glass ;) but the problem is that i always have to re-paint my device in a period of ~ 4 days, because it's not "permanent" enough... I wondered if some of you already experienced that problem and found a better solution or something that works for a longer time :D ; I also consider switching the back casing maybe... . Thx in advance!

P.s. I aready know that special sticker-skins ( shttp://www.slickwraps.com/HTC-One-Wraps-Skins-s/562.htm ), but just heard bad things about them (dont stick properly and peel of easily after some time of use)

I have a silver One and want a black one soo bad :/ I wouldn't mind a few small scratches :/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hans_Schlila

Hans_Schlila

Dec 2, 2012
www.facebook.com
Could be great, but the necessary steps to open the m7 may destroy some parts and I also dont own those suitable special tools.... Apart from this it is a great idea :)

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hans_Schlila

Dec 2, 2012
www.facebook.com
Or can anyone share his experiences with that kind of device modification? ( change of aluminium backcover to have a different colour). Is it absolutely necessary to use htc's special tool(s) to open up the casing?

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a
Or can anyone share his experiences with that kind of device modification? ( change of aluminium backcover to have a different colour). Is it absolutely necessary to use htc's special tool(s) to open up the casing?

You just need a little heat, precision, miniscule tools, and the balls.. Planning to do it sometime later in a few months. Just search for 6italia0 on YouTube, he's done many successful color conversions

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Hans_Schlila

Hans_Schlila

Dec 2, 2012
www.facebook.com
I watched his conversion video today and would have all the needed tools here at home, but it seems quite risky :) ....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have a silver One and want a black one soo bad :/ I wouldn't mind a few small scratches :/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

You just need a little heat, precision, miniscule tools, and the balls.. Planning to do it sometime later in a few months. Just search for 6italia0 on YouTube, he's done many successful color conversions

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2