Where's the root? :)

Search This thread

Sudbury78

Jan 1, 2013
in my opinion, for the difference in price i would get the 2014 10.1 IF I wanted another 10 inch tablet. I have an iPad now but want a smaller tablet, hence getting the 8.4. Had the new nexus 7 and it was too small, especially using the note 3 as my phone.

Barsky

Aug 23, 2010
MintMobile
in my opinion, for the difference in price i would get the 2014 10.1 IF I wanted another 10 inch tablet. I have an iPad now but want a smaller tablet, hence getting the 8.4. Had the new nexus 7 and it was too small, especially using the note 3 as my phone.

I personally agree, especially since coming from a Note 10.1 (original) or tab 2, it is far smaller. That said, 7 and 8" tabs are extremely popular..

skyyrocket

Apr 8, 2012
Miramar
@Sudbury78 I have the iPad mini with retina and I picked up the 8.4 pro today and I am loving the pro 8.4 with note 3....it's like the perfect combo.. I think I'll be selling my iPad

Sudbury78

Jan 1, 2013
Sky rocket I like it. I have a 3rd gen 64gb ipad with data. It's so slow. I had a nexus 7 and was blazing so I ruled out my wifi. Will most likely get the 8.4 and once rooted use my note 3 as a hot spot when needed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Class_of_punk26

Jan 25, 2013
I'm definitely getting the tab pro 8.4 LTE model when its available lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

boosting1bar

Jul 25, 2013
Don't you mean get rid of TouchWiz altogether? Lol

Haha yeah probably large parts. Though if I'm honest the magazine UI is pretty slick and it would be awesome to have more control over sources and what's displayed. Back when I had my HTC one a lot of people hated blinkfeed without knowing how to make it interesting to them, once there were ways add your own sources most people converted!

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 3
Haha yeah probably large parts. Though if I'm honest the magazine UI is pretty slick and it would be awesome to have more control over sources and what's displayed. Back when I had my HTC one a lot of people hated blinkfeed without knowing how to make it interesting to them, once there were ways add your own sources most people converted!

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm an AOSP guy so I'm definitely a bit biased, but can't go wrong with the hardware in this bad boy.

Class_of_punk26

Jan 25, 2013
It should connect without root mine does

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Nvm I'm on a nexus 7 my bad

Barsky

Aug 23, 2010
MintMobile
I need it within my 14 day return period. I am still deciding between my original note 10.1 and this tabpro 10.1. Still think I prefer the original multi-windows method. But, I want to be fair and have the root required multi-window app installed which increases it's capabilities.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, the good news is that the 8.4 is rootable. The bad news is that I don't dare release it since it's probably as likely to root your device as it is to catch it on fire.

This will trigger the Knox flag, so if you don't want to do that, don't even think of trying this...

After initially trying to shove the bits into system.img.ext4 by hand from a stock tar(which never quite worked) I finally ended up extracting the stock recovery.img from the same tarball. Adding the cfautoroot bits from hlte-hltex-smn9005 recovery.img since it's also 4.4 (and similarly copying the cfroot to the stock cache.img.ext4) and rebooting into recovery. Once the stars aligned and I found a program that properly wrote out the recovery.img everything worked perfectly. Then, from paranoia, I re-flashed the stock recovery and cache since I don't think I did the right things for cfautoroot to clean up after itself.

However, since it took me probably 8 hours to get to this point, I expect someone like Chainfire to take about 8 minutes.
    So we are rooted? Can someone kindly please post instructions or video for the newbs?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1. Make sure you have USB drivers on your PC and that device is found when plugged into USB.
    2. Download CF-Auto-Root-mondrianwifi-mondrianwifixx-smt320.zip from this_link
    3. Extract files, and run Odin3-v1.85 which is included in the ZIP file.
    4. Reboot tablet into Download mode by holding VOL-DOWN and HOME button during reboot
    5. Wait for the "Warning!!!" screen, then hit VOL-UP to "CONTINUE"
    6. Select PDA button in Odin, and select file "CF-Auto-Root-mondrianwifi-mondrianwifixx-smt320.tar.md5" from the ZIP file.
    7. Hit Start button.
    8. Thank Chainfire and Donate a little his way
    9. Enjoy.
    Anyone know if the stock firmware is available to download? If so I can root it for you guys tonight. Let me know on Google+ as I don't check XDA much any more.

Ok I am going to need testers for this tonight when I get done as I do not have the device. I have rooted other devices before (Google Jamison904 root if you need to.) So with that in mind if you plan on helping test please download the stock firmware to recovery just in case. Here is one of them - http://terafile.co/910f49cf635c/T320UEU1ANAI_T320XAR1ANAI_XAR.zip
    [/COLOR]Oops... Duh. Just saw he already posted it! Anyway, I know him from the S3 and S4 development and he rocks!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    We have root

Just rooted my 8.4 Tab Pro

CF-Auto-Root