[Q] Autodownload files Whatsapp

Search This thread

Raoul Gerrits

Feb 13, 2014
Hello everyone, i've done some research beforehand and found out that you cannot block whatsapp from automatically downloading files form my computer, so I wondered if anyone knows if there is some 3rd party app that blocks this for me? or maybe if there is an alternative to whatsapp?

I've heared the excuses 'files aren't big' and 'best communication experience' but considering the fact that I'm the one experiencing and I don't like it, I don't believe that it is the best communication experience.

So, is there an alternative way to access whatsapp messages without having the files download, or maybe even a program that stops whatsapp from forcing unwanted files on my phone?

help greatly appreciated.

m110a2

Jul 30, 2013
Madrid
Hello everyone, i've done some research beforehand and found out that you cannot block whatsapp from automatically downloading files form my computer, so I wondered if anyone knows if there is some 3rd party app that blocks this for me? or maybe if there is an alternative to whatsapp?

I've heared the excuses 'files aren't big' and 'best communication experience' but considering the fact that I'm the one experiencing and I don't like it, I don't believe that it is the best communication experience.

So, is there an alternative way to access whatsapp messages without having the files download, or maybe even a program that stops whatsapp from forcing unwanted files on my phone?

help greatly appreciated.

Hi Raoul,

There is an option in whatsapp that blocks the media files received (photographs, audio, video). I don't know if these are the files you want to block. To block that, you have to go to:
Whatsapp > settings > chat settings > Multimedia automatic Download and there you have to choice the elements. The options could have another name, but I don't know it, because my phone language is spanish: Whatsapp > Ajustes > Ajustes de chat > Descarga autom. de multimedia

Saludos