[ROM][XZU][14FEB] AICP - 2.5 - KK 4.4.2_r1

Search This thread

abuihsan

Jul 16, 2012
Banten
Wowza, here is my battery life. I'm using PA mini gapps. Not sure why yours is so bad. Make sure u blocked everything gps related and them clear your Google services catch and data, then reboot.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk

I see the nlpwakelock is so powerfull so the built in blocker cannot handle it, also I tried with wakelock terminator too : p

Still curious as all of my installed apps is just the same on gpe and aicp, maybe except one, Google Play Service (G.P.S.), in my GPe the version is 4.1.32 (that was from old pa gapps)

in aicp the version is 4.2.39 (newer, from zero days pa gapps).

so what is your G.P.S. version?

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
Mine is 4.2.40

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

This is everything I blocked on my phone.
ase7usad.jpg

I also went into app Ops and denied anything access to gps/location except for my cclock.

Reactions: abuihsan

abuihsan

Jul 16, 2012
Banten
Mine is 4.2.40

[/COLOR]This is everything I blocked on my phone.
I also went into app Ops and denied anything access to gps/location except for my cclock.

I tried with clean install all of these versions, 4.1.36, 4.2.39, 4.2.40 with similar locking wakelocks, still not help ; (

I pulled the google play services apk from system and then installed manually so it can be greenified with free version of greenify, no blocking applied as I eventually need the location based apps, my phone has good deep sleep and temperature become to normal when it locked/screen off.
But when screen on and I use for browsing the nlpwakelock 'in-hyperactive-action' again, phone getting hot, phone locked/screen-off, got deep sleep and temperature normail again, and so on..

I think the problem is not the gapps as I tested with latest CM11 nightly with same configuration, I got great deep sleep right after clean flashing.
For the time being I will stick with GPe rom...

Thanks.. : )

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
I tried with clean install all of these versions, 4.1.36, 4.2.39, 4.2.40 with similar locking wakelocks, still not help ; (

I pulled the google play services apk from system and then installed manually so it can be greenified with free version of greenify, no blocking applied as I eventually need the location based apps, my phone has good deep sleep and temperature become to normal when it locked/screen off.
But when screen on and I use for browsing the nlpwakelock 'in-hyperactive-action' again, phone getting hot, phone locked/screen-off, got deep sleep and temperature normail again, and so on..

I think the problem is not the gapps as I tested with latest CM11 nightly with same configuration, I got great deep sleep right after clean flashing.
For the time being I will stick with GPe rom...

Thanks.. : )

Yeah, it is a rom issue. I got the wakelock to stop but this rom would still suck battery like crazy. I can get about twice the battery with CM11 or BAM.

mathurmatt

May 2, 2013
Delhi
Battery drain not solved in the update what to do ..........100% to 75% in less than 25 min......... used build in wakelock blocker bolcked gps location etc..... didn't help any suggestions ....

Last edited:

mathurmatt

May 2, 2013
Delhi
Try to clean install by wiping everything except the sdcard.

I always do clean install wiped everything and also sdcard at one point flashed over 5 times still no luck other rom's working fine like cm, aokp,gpe,slim,stock,bam, pac etc.........all working fine I Really liked the rom but don't know what to do .............:confused:

bidi1985

Apr 2, 2008
Is this rom still alive? Am currently running it and Love it. I wish someone can update it. Aicp has a ton of features

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

jenkins_top.jpg
    AICP​
    Android Ice Cold Project​

In the beginning I would like to thank:
    • AOKP team
    • CM team
    • @maxwen
    • SlimBean rom team
    • ParanoidAndroid team
    • CarbonRom team
    • LiquidSmooth rom team
    • Omni rom team
    • @flar2 & @Tk-Glitch for their great Kernels
    • Community

AICP dev team:
    • @LorD ClockaN
    • @zipsnet
    • @n3ocort3x
    • @eyosen and
    • @semdoc
    • @oblikas

Now we can move on...

DONATIONS:

I'm not writing this because of lack of donations, but to get the priorities straight..
    Go to ROMControl/about and open your wallet :D
    If you would like to make a donation for this ROM, don't do it only for me!!!
    Consider whole AICP Team, not only the individual.​

What is AICP?
    AICP is known by someone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since than evolved as a mature rom with the BEST community you can find!!!
    Rom has always been AOKP based so expect all AOKP goodies + new additions.
    If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or AOKP team if it conserns their modifications. This rom isn't AOKP supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

Latest Stable Release
    Download link: http://goo.gl/P29YBm

Actual version: AICP V2.5 - 12-02-2014

What's New

• MMS: allow 6 line text input field
    • MMS: few APN fixes
    • MMS: Enter key: force newline
    • Dialer: Open source google dialer and more
    • Dialer: Add WhitePages Canada reverse lookup provider
    • Contacts: support for import contacts to local phone storage
    • Contacts: few patches
    • Screen recorder: add audio support
    • Screen recorder: settings
    • Toggles: longpress Torch to get into WhiteScreen
    • Framework AV patches
    • Add ADB Paranoia mode
    • Recents clear all button position
    • Ad blocker
    • TeloRadio
    • New Halo Icon
    • NFC polling mode
    • frameworks: Hope systemui improved battery life
    • Add 0.25x animation scale fof
    • Port BatteryBar
    • OmniSwitch as default for recents
    • Add Download Speeds in notification
    • Hebrew T9 for Dialer
    • Greek T9 support for Dialer
    • LatinIME: Add more emoticons
    • LatinIME: Add more extended ASCII characters
    • Left handed navbar for landscape mode
    • Updated translations
    • Bugfixes
    • Updates to kernel
    • And a lot more that didn't fit in here

Feature list:
    • AOKP features
    • TRDS Dark switch
    • Halo
    • OmniSwitch
    • Profiles
    • Lockscsreen Notifications
    • Active Display
    • Wakelock blocker
    • System app Remover
    • Animations
    • Open source Google dialer with nearby places, lookup
    • Lockscreen color theming
    • Lockscreen blur
    • Density Changer
    • Partition Information
    • QS Tile colors
    • BatteryBar
    • NFC polling mode
    • Ad blocker
    • TeloRadio
    • ADB Paranoia mode
    • etc...

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

What's Broken:
    • You tell... :p

ROMS
    ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy JB. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
    You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Don't do it if you don't know it
    • ROM has GAPPS, custom dpi & xposed persistance in between dirty flashes
    • Feel free to use any 4.4.2 GAPPS package on clean flash..

You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

kernel git
    rom gerrit

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][06FEB] AICP - 2.5 - KK 4.4.2_r1 , a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Contributors @oblikas,
    semdoc, LorD ClockaN, zipsnet, n3ocort3x
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: AICP V2.5 - 2014-02-14
    Stable Release Date: 2014-02-14

Created 2014-02-06
    Last Updated 2014-02-14
    AICP has indeed gone ICE COLD for togari...lol

Trying to add this device to nightlies.

Sent from my HTC Desire 500 using xda app-developers app
    Reserved

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Loving this Rom! Feature packed and runs great!!

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Loving this Rom! Feature packed and runs great!!

uma7yrub.jpg
    ebygu5us.jpg

2yqyje4u.jpg
    ypu8yner.jpg

There is an option in AICP Extras.Wakelock blocker.
    Try to block that wakelock.

I have tried using the wakelock blocker But some of the blocked items are still having their occurrences increased despite being blocked. So I am still facing high battery drain though it was slightly better. Been trying to block other items to lower the drain but they are still draining. Trying to see if i install the bare minimum gapps and any improvement.

I'm not whining about the ROM though. It's good just that the drain is worrying for me as i could lose more than 30% in the night which result in my alarms not functioning and I would be in trouble.

Turn off location services and use the wakelock blocker to block anything that mentions GPS. I'm at 79 percent after 9 hrs.

I tried all of these:

1) Uninstalling velvet.apk and google play services from system/app and re-installing through play store. still, battery drained fast and device getting hot. Blocked nlpwakelock with AICP extras, block all google play services wakelocks with 'wakelock terminator', the problem remain unchanged.

2) with clean re installed ROM and immediately block the nlpwakelock with AICP extra, got no luck, even I used 'disable service' from google play to disable related wakelocks in the google play services, it only help to handle the nlp wakelock, but battery still draining fast and device getting hot.

both above is straight from GPe rom using GPe Philz dual boot.

3) these method seems work, I so hope so: from GPe rom I flashed aicp boot.img and full-wipe, then re installed ROM, no more nlpwakelock problem without disabling/blocking, also device temperature is normal.. Yes battery still dropped by about 45% within 2 hours (after restoring all apps with TiBu, massive browsing and setting up everything). Will test again after got fully charged.

Thanks!

EDIT:
    Here is the stats after 2 hours 47 minutes, from 98% to 51%, from GPe rom, clean install using aicp kernel and pa zero days minimal gapps, nlpwakelock disabled by aicp extra, location off, google search greenified.
    it has good deep sleep tough and rom has great performance! : )

*Note: this stats is after 2nd fully charged since flashed the rom

EDIT #2: Had to back to GPe rom for the time being as when the battery passed 50% down the device started to hot again, and I didn't realize the camera not works, it getting FC?