[Q] APX mode backup

Search This thread

IcePee

Feb 14, 2014
Ello,

This is my first post! :D

I've just bought a Asus TF701t and I want to install CROMi-X. I've already done a Nandbackup using CWM booted from fastboot so I still have the stock recovery. However I hear that this tablet allows for a much lower level of backup using APX. Before I do any further changes to this tablet I would like to backup the boot loader.

Is this possible? All the tutorials are for older Transformers.

I'm currently on 10.26.1.18 bootloader with Stock rom.

Thanks...

IcePee

Feb 14, 2014
Read the FAQ

Ello,

This is my first post! :D

I've just bought a Asus TF701t and I want to install CROMi-X. I've already done a Nandbackup using CWM booted from fastboot so I still have the stock recovery. However I hear that this tablet allows for a much lower level of backup using APX. Before I do any further changes to this tablet I would like to backup the boot loader.

Is this possible? All the tutorials are for older Transformers.

I'm currently on 10.26.1.18 bootloader with Stock rom.

Thanks...

Ooops, I just read: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554744. Doh! Newbie mistake.

This leads to my next question Does anyone know if we will be getting this feature?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ooops, I just read: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554744. Doh! Newbie mistake.

This leads to my next question Does anyone know if we will be getting this feature?

It took a very long time to get nvflash working on Android 4.2.1 on the TF201, TF300 and TF700. As we have fewer devs working on the TF701 I would say you have zero chance of seeing anything insode the next 6 months.

As long as you follow the guides it is hard to brick. If unsure ask first ;) And NEVER wipe from the BOOTLOADER. EVER.

Reactions: IcePee

IcePee

Feb 14, 2014
OK, going for it

It took a very long time to get nvflash working on Android 4.2.1 on the TF201, TF300 and TF700. As we have fewer devs working on the TF701 I would say you have zero chance of seeing anything insode the next 6 months.

As long as you follow the guides it is hard to brick. If unsure ask first ;) And NEVER wipe from the BOOTLOADER. EVER.

Thanks for getting back to me this quickly.

OK, I'm going for it! I've already done a wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition. Let's see where we get to...

IcePee

Feb 14, 2014
Result!

Just to let you know I've successfully installed the CROMi-X firmware. It went very smoothly once I could get it going. I kept having problems installing from the keyboard dock's SDCard reader. It kept failing the initial checksum process. I switched to a higher capacity MicroSD in the internal reader and it went on without a hitch.

Reactions: sbdags

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Result!

Just to let you know I've successfully installed the CROMi-X firmware. It went very smoothly once I could get it going. I kept having problems installing from the keyboard dock's SDCard reader. It kept failing the initial checksum process. I switched to a higher capacity MicroSD in the internal reader and it went on without a hitch.