Win Honor 9 Lite

[ROM] [44433.001 - 2015-11-15] Eureka-ROM - Based on OTA 44433

105 posts
Thanks Meter: 319

Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2014, 10:23 PM |#431  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
patiently awaiting the push of the next update so i can finally play with allcast again. loading vanilla 15xxx is just way too much to handle after i bought 3 chromecasts just to finally find one which was rootable. I know it wont break root but i rather not screw around lol

14th February 2014, 11:54 PM |#432  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,517

More
Just pushed out the first 15250 based OTA. It should hit everyones chromecast within the next 5 days. Sadly, this OTA does not include the new web panel, or the ability to set an ssh password. We are working on finishing those features up, and hope to have an OTA out within a month to add them. Due to so many new apps relying on this OTA, we decided to push one now that has all of the same features as the 14975 build.

We are sorry for making users wait so long for a 15250 based ROM, and we hope you understand.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to ddggttff3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ddggttff3 Ad-Free
15th February 2014, 12:15 AM |#433  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddggttff3

Just pushed out the first 15250 based OTA. It should hit everyones chromecast within the next 5 days. Sadly, this OTA does not include the new web panel, or the ability to set an ssh password. We are working on finishing those features up, and hope to have an OTA out within a month to add them. Due to so many new apps relying on this OTA, we decided to push one now that has all of the same features as the 14975 build.

We are sorry for making users wait so long for a 15250 based ROM, and we hope you understand.

Typo in your edited OP for today's date.
15th February 2014, 12:25 AM |#434  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,517

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski

Typo in your edited OP for today's date.

Thanks, will fix that.
15th February 2014, 01:22 AM |#435  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thanks, updated manually and working great. Loving it with Allcast. Just having problems with my laptop running 8.1, I'll have to looking into this some more.
15th February 2014, 08:06 AM |#436  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Technically that feature is possible, but its not as easy as changing the release channel. I can tell you that this should be a feature that can be turned off/on once we get the custom idle screens all coded up for a later release. I can't really give you an ETA, but it should be possible. All of our test builds already display this information by default.

Of course, I would expect it to be a web panel option since I'm sure not everyone would want that visible. That's good to hear though, no need for an ETA. I'm just glad you guys put out the first 15250 release.
15th February 2014, 09:11 AM |#437  
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Quote:

Technically that feature is possible, but its not as easy as changing the release channel. I can tell you that this should be a feature that can be turned off/on once we get the custom idle screens all coded up for a later release. I can't really give you an ETA, but it should be possible. All of our test builds already display this information by default.

Are you able to release vanilla root ROMs based on BETA or DEV versions?
Also any chance for release with TE whitelist and without web panel/adb/ssh for security reasons?
15th February 2014, 02:51 PM |#438  

More
OTA Update
When you implement Force Update via the webpanel, how will that work ?

At the moment I have a small issue, since only 1 of the chromecasts seems to eligeble for the update, i.e. one is now on 14975.002 and the other one is on 15250.001. This seems to confuse google cast (chrome extension).

Only way I can resolve it now is to manually flash the other (since I can't force the update). I guess it will be resolved when my turn arrives (sometime the next 5 days), just wondering if the force update will enable uploading a manual zip file.
(That would mean that I do not have to wait for my turn in the OTA update).

/Selepo
15th February 2014, 05:44 PM |#439  
Warren, MI

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by selepo

When you implement Force Update via the webpanel, how will that work ?

At the moment I have a small issue, since only 1 of the chromecasts seems to eligeble for the update, i.e. one is now on 14975.002 and the other one is on 15250.001. This seems to confuse google cast (chrome extension).

Only way I can resolve it now is to manually flash the other (since I can't force the update). I guess it will be resolved when my turn arrives (sometime the next 5 days), just wondering if the force update will enable uploading a manual zip file.
(That would mean that I do not have to wait for my turn in the OTA update).

/Selepo

It's been posted that the CC checks every 20hrs after a reboot(I think) and it's staggered as not to overload the servers.

As far as your problem. I was waiting for the OTA on one but not not the second so I manually updated the second one. I tried both using Chrome and was able to cast and switch between the two. The same goes for YouTube.
15th February 2014, 05:55 PM |#440  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski

It's been posted that the CC checks every 20hrs after a reboot(I think) and it's staggered as not to overload the servers.

As far as your problem. I was waiting for the OTA on one but not not the second so I manually updated the second one. I tried both using Chrome and was able to cast and switch between the two. The same goes for YouTube.

Ok, I'll try to restart my router and see if that helps then.
I realize you can force a the ota to run by rebooting (e.g. not waiting for the 20h polling frequenzy), however there is some sort of function on the server side not letting chromecasts update (not sure if that is what you mean by "staggered") when the ota runs. The log says no update available.
I realize this is probably because the server should cope, i.e. make sure not all 1200 download the ROM simulataneously, that should however not be an issue if you would let people manually upload the file via the web interface.

Not trying to sound ungrateful or anything, I can update manually if I want to. Just think it would be easier to do it via the eureka-panel!

/Seleop
15th February 2014, 07:05 PM |#441  
Warren, MI

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by selepo

Ok, I'll try to restart my router and see if that helps then.
I realize you can force a the ota to run by rebooting (e.g. not waiting for the 20h polling frequenzy), however there is some sort of function on the server side not letting chromecasts update (not sure if that is what you mean by "staggered") when the ota runs. The log says no update available.
I realize this is probably because the server should cope, i.e. make sure not all 1200 download the ROM simulataneously, that should however not be an issue if you would let people manually upload the file via the web interface.

Not trying to sound ungrateful or anything, I can update manually if I want to. Just think it would be easier to do it via the eureka-panel!

/Seleop

The staggered updates was mentioned by the Team at the time of the last update. A reboot doesn't override anything. If your not in the group to get your update, you won't. I had the one CC at my PC, rebooted half-dozen times and nothing happened. It wasn't mentioned how the staggering is done.

Why would anyone flash manually or wait for an OTA when they could force an OTA at will?? Everybody including me likes to be up to date.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)