stock retrival not possible from Cyanogenmod 11 on Samsung Galaxy Grand duos

Search This thread
I own a Samsung Galaxy Grand duos GT - I9082, running on CM 11, PHILZ 6.0.4.5 Recovery, I used Solo launcher as default, now its not getting out of it,My concern is now I am not able to go to stock, I have tried flashing JB 4.1.2 tar.md5 file thru odin 3.07, One thing I am noticing while flashing in odin is it says not responding until the file appears in the pda box, after that every thing works fine, pass msg comes on the screen, but after that it re-boots to the same CM 11, I have also tried doing factory reset, cache & dalvik cache wipe after the flashing, but it never comes back to stock. I am even trying to flash the selinux support recovery, but the same thing happens, after odin pass msg, if i check the recovery its the same PHILZ 6.0.4.5 Recovery. I am really worried that has my phone been bricked.
I have even tried doing format/system, factory reset, cache & Dalvik wipe. usb debugging is selected in the developer section. Can i get the original stock flashed from the samsung ? pls help asap, thank you.:confused:

naufalhadyan

Nov 17, 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yeah but in vain, same prob exists ?

If you still can't get to stock it means Odin hasn't even downloaded the firmware into the device. Could be hardware problem (check your USB cable) driver installation (make sure you installed the drivers correctly) or you simply didn't follow the correct procedure.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616816

Btw, it helps if you manage to post a screenshot of what's written in Odin's log box and post it here...

cm

If you still can't get to stock it means Odin hasn't even downloaded the firmware into the device. Could be hardware problem (check your USB cable) driver installation (make sure you installed the drivers correctly) or you simply didn't follow the correct procedure.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616816

Btw, it helps if you manage to post a screenshot of what's written in Odin's log box and post it here...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

png attached, I also wld like to add that in my download mode, it says current bin as custom & system status as official, whereas I am on CM 11

Attachments

• odin.jpg
    odin.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 66

naufalhadyan

Nov 17, 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

png attached, I also wld like to add that in my download mode, it says current bin as custom & system status as official, whereas I am on CM 11

Now that is really weird... :/ I don't know how to solve it, sorry. Looking at Odin's logs, it's supposed to flash correctly. Maybe someone more knowledgable than me can help?

cm

:(:(
Now that is really weird... :/ I don't know how to solve it, sorry. Looking at Odin's logs, it's supposed to flash correctly. Maybe someone more knowledgable than me can help?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can u tell me how can i post the same to pawitp

jayc137

Sep 5, 2012
Mumbai
I can suggest one thing only
Format /system and /data first from Philz and then try flashing it

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

CM 11

I can suggest one thing only
Format /system and /data first from Philz and then try flashing it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have done that also, first format sys/data & cache wipe via philz, and flashed ,same result, the strangest part is its not even accepting zipping of the delta's of CM 11 by pawitp., pls help or else need to go to the service centre samsung 2morrow

jayc137

Sep 5, 2012
Mumbai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have done that also, first format sys/data & cache wipe via philz, and flashed ,same result, the strangest part is its not even accepting zipping of the delta's of CM 11 by pawitp., pls help or else need to go to the service centre samsung 2morrow

I have never ever seen such strange problem in the 1.5 yrs of my XDA years
Something is telling me that the system partition is not writable (hence not accepting delta file?)
Can you try to copy a file to /system partition ?
I think you may need to flash a .PIT file
@k2wl @iceyhotguy kindly provide your suggestions

Last edited:

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012
I own a Samsung Galaxy Grand duos GT - I9082, running on CM 11, PHILZ 6.0.4.5 Recovery, I used Solo launcher as default, now its not getting out of it,My concern is now I am not able to go to stock, I have tried flashing JB 4.1.2 tar.md5 file thru odin 3.07, One thing I am noticing while flashing in odin is it says not responding until the file appears in the pda box, after that every thing works fine, pass msg comes on the screen, but after that it re-boots to the same CM 11, I have also tried doing factory reset, cache & dalvik cache wipe after the flashing, but it never comes back to stock. I am even trying to flash the selinux support recovery, but the same thing happens, after odin pass msg, if i check the recovery its the same PHILZ 6.0.4.5 Recovery. I am really worried that has my phone been bricked.
I have even tried doing format/system, factory reset, cache & Dalvik wipe. usb debugging is selected in the developer section. Can i get the original stock flashed from the samsung ? pls help asap, thank you.:confused:

I am finding one prob while doing factory reset, it says E : unknown volume for path [ sd-ext], what does this suggest ?

The delay in Odin, or the stopped responding moment, like you mentioned is from the md5 check Odin performs to make sure the firmware is valid. And the sd-ext partition is something that isn't used anymore since JB, nothing to worry about we all get that warning when we wipe in recovery.
Sadly, it's hard to tell what could be wrong, or what you could be doing wrong, just from the problem. But the main thing is, phone is always recoverable, just make sure your data is safely backed up on your computer.

If you haven't already taken your phone into the service center, can you list each and every step you are taking to revert to stock? And I do mean, each step, even boot into recovery, boot into download mode, flashed this recovery/firmware etc, more the details, the better. This way me or other members can analyze more accurately what could be the possible problem.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2014
It's always better practice to have a recovery before trying things that may ruin your precious time.......

Look for stock files for your smartphone galaxy grand ..... Put files sometimes comes within that file or you have to find it manually by googling...... ?????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Thank u so much for the concern shown. I have regularly been switching b/w roms [ stock & custom ], my favorites are cm & carbon, i have used recoveries of chotu CWM-TOUCH & Philz touch both ver. 5.15 & cwm - selinux support, now i am on 6.0.4.5. I am running CM 11 now. launcher is solo kikat. I have done nandroid backup of all Roms, I have tried the restore option from clockwokmod / backups, not working out. I am using the following procedure to revert to stock :

1. check debug mode in developer mode
2. to the download mode by pressing volume key downwards & power key & home button at same time wait for the logo to appear, Followed by ODIN Mode, & then press the vol button upwards.
3. open odin, i have a version of 3.07, check only Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time, nothing else, clicking on the PDA, selecting the 4.1.2 I9082XXAMC7_I9082OJVAMC1_I9082XXAMC4_HOME.tar.md5 file, and pressing start.
4. normally doing a factory reset & cache wipe & re-boot.

hope, i am following the procedure properly, not yet given the handset to samsung service, pls help me out, thnk u once again, pls reply asap.

CM 11

:confused:
The delay in Odin, or the stopped responding moment, like you mentioned is from the md5 check Odin performs to make sure the firmware is valid. And the sd-ext partition is something that isn't used anymore since JB, nothing to worry about we all get that warning when we wipe in recovery.
Sadly, it's hard to tell what could be wrong, or what you could be doing wrong, just from the problem. But the main thing is, phone is always recoverable, just make sure your data is safely backed up on your computer.

If you haven't already taken your phone into the service center, can you list each and every step you are taking to revert to stock? And I do mean, each step, even boot into recovery, boot into download mode, flashed this recovery/firmware etc, more the details, the better. This way me or other members can analyze more accurately what could be the possible problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank u so much for the concern shown. I have regularly been switching b/w roms [ stock & custom ], my favorites are cm & carbon, i have used recoveries of chotu CWM-TOUCH & Philz touch both ver. 5.15 & cwm - selinux support, now i am on 6.0.4.5. I am running CM 11 now. launcher is solo kikat. I have done nandroid backup of all Roms, I have tried the restore option from clockwokmod / backups, not working out. I am using the following procedure to revert to stock :

2. to the download mode by pressing volume key downwards & power key & home button at same time wait for the logo to appear, Followed by ODIN Mode, & then press the vol button upwards.
3. open odin, i have a version of 3.07, check only Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time, nothing else, clicking on the PDA, selecting the 4.1.2 I9082XXAMC7_I9082OJVAMC1_I9082XXAMC4_HOME.tar.md5 file, and pressing start.

I am also finding that when I try to install any zip from sdcard1 thats my expandable memory slot in philz touch 6.0.4.5 it says E: can't open/storage/sdcard1/cm-10.1-20130412-unofficial-i9082.zip (bad) installation aborted any reasons & also png attached, I also wld like to add that in my download mode, it says current bin as custom & system status as official, whereas I am on CM 11

hope, i am following the procedure properly, not yet given the handset to samsung service, pls help me out, thnk u once again, pls reply asap.

Last edited:

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012

I am also finding that when I try to install any zip from sdcard1 thats my expandable memory slot in philz touch 6.0.4.5 it says E: can't open/storage/sdcard1/cm-10.1-20130412-unofficial-i9082.zip (bad) installation aborted any reasons & also png attached, I also wld like to add that in my download mode, it says current bin as custom & system status as official, whereas I am on CM 11

I was curious if this problem wasn't with what you were doing but with kitkat ROMs, so I looked through XDA and found people having similar issues. Apparently downgrading to JB from KitKat CM is an issue for a lot of users with Samsung phones.
Try this,
1.Go to your recovery, Wipe data/cache and dalvik cache. Format /system under Mounts and Storage.

2. Download and flash a 4.2.2 based stock based ROM (like GENNXT or any you want), this would bring you back on 4.2.2 kernel and stuff, so let it boot up completely.

3. Just to be sure, flash 4.2.2 based recovery with Odin from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2315529
I honestly don't think recovery should make any difference, but I noticed a thread where the user said it was so just be sure. Then reboot back into recovery, and wipe data/cache and dalvik.

4. Go to download mode, use Odin to flash your 4.1.2 firmware, after it passes, boot into recovery (it should be stock recovery now), clear data and cache and reboot.

I think the problem is arising from all the new SE Linux support in KitKat, so a gradual downgrade should work. You can add a step of flashing 4.2.2 firmware after booting up stock based ROM but shouldn't be needed.
Let me know how it goes.

Reactions: jayc137

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I was curious if this problem wasn't with what you were doing but with kitkat ROMs, so I looked through XDA and found people having similar issues. Apparently downgrading to JB from KitKat CM is an issue for a lot of users with Samsung phones.
    Try this,
    1.Go to your recovery, Wipe data/cache and dalvik cache. Format /system under Mounts and Storage.

2. Download and flash a 4.2.2 based stock based ROM (like GENNXT or any you want), this would bring you back on 4.2.2 kernel and stuff, so let it boot up completely.

3. Just to be sure, flash 4.2.2 based recovery with Odin from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2315529
    I honestly don't think recovery should make any difference, but I noticed a thread where the user said it was so just be sure. Then reboot back into recovery, and wipe data/cache and dalvik.

4. Go to download mode, use Odin to flash your 4.1.2 firmware, after it passes, boot into recovery (it should be stock recovery now), clear data and cache and reboot.

I think the problem is arising from all the new SE Linux support in KitKat, so a gradual downgrade should work. You can add a step of flashing 4.2.2 firmware after booting up stock based ROM but shouldn't be needed.
    Let me know how it goes.