FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KK 4.4.2][ROM]Mackay OMNI ROM (27-Feb-2014)

5,294 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,105

By kasper_h, Recognized Developer on 15th December 2013, 10:27 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
15th February 2014, 12:25 PM |#871  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
I don't have the space issue myself on Omni. If someone who has this issue can send of logcat when the problem occurs, I may be able to find the solution. Anyway, I have an updated version:

Changelog of 15-Feb-2014
-Omni codebase of 15-Feb
-New kernel (no more CMA, zram & KSM updates, fix for colour problems)
-Fixed front camera FC issue
-Updates to ActiveDisplay & Lockscreen notifications

Downloads:
Rootaxbox
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to kasper_h For This Useful Post: [ View ]

15th February 2014, 01:14 PM |#872  
Flag Lohmar
Thanks Meter: 59

More
With Omni I only can have 223 user apps if I believe what tb tells me. With your cm I have 268 user apps with no problem. If the message occurs next time I'll post a log file.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2
15th February 2014, 01:19 PM |#873  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339

More
Awsome!!!!!!
Thank you so much, kasper_h So, I assume we're kind of getting the stable version now here, huh?

This Mackay OMNI ROM is such a joy to use! Combining the features like "Dark OMNI mode" and the unique "Privacy Guard" where one can choose the app permissions are awsome....besides the fact that this ROM is by all means so stable and reliable anyway, you gave us here a reliable work-horse for everyday's use and unified it with highest potential to customize and personalize for our own use. It's a luxory IMHO.

This ROM is what I understand when I say "custom ROM"....it was worth to gain root access, to get this freedom to do what we desire to with our phone. Thank you so much for it!
As your development style seems to meet my personal taste quite exactly, I will probably follow your further development and try to be helpful with logcats and reliable reports and try to be useful as much I can.

Please don't allow just one or other respectless or offending comment (like few posts before) to bother you, or to diminish your joy on doing this. Rude people are all round us also in everyday's life and we better just void them, or simply ignore. If it really makes you upset that they spam your thread, report to Mike Channon and such users they'll be banned from the forum very soon. This same person has spammed pawitp's CM10.2 thread day by day last summer and even such nice person like Pawit got really upset.

Yet, the huge majority of us here have endless respect for you and your work for us, same as we love what guys like pawitp, DerTeufel1980, stratosk, aways, ts1506, didhiy (or before them hardcore, still today chainfire) etc, etc do for us day by day. You still keep our phone technologically up to date while Samsung has abandoned 25 million of owners on Android 2.3

Forum mates, let us show even more our love to the guys who spend their energy and life time (that they could also spend on vacations, or being with family and friends) for the development that they share with us. Hit thanks button until your day limit and buy them a beer from time to time. Just to express our gratefulness.

After all, in the age of KitKat we must be aware that the piece of hardware called GT-i9000 will some day face its limits.
So much from me. Now I go to flash the 20140215 and looking forward to all the next projects!
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to tetakpatak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tetakpatak Ad-Free
15th February 2014, 01:24 PM |#874  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

Awsome!!!!!!
Thank you so much, kasper_h So, I assume we're kind of getting the stable version now here, huh?

This Mackay OMNI ROM is such a joy to use! Combining the features like "Dark OMNI mode" and the unique "Privacy Guard" where one can choose the app permissions are awsome....besides the fact that this ROM is by all means so stable and reliable anyway, you gave us here a reliable work-horse for everyday's use and unified it with highest potential to customize and personalize for our own use. It's a luxory IMHO.

This ROM is what I understand when I say "custom ROM"....it was worth to gain root access, to get this freedom to do what we desire to with our phone. Thank you so much for it!
As your development style seems to meet my personal taste quite exactly, I will probably follow your further development and try to be helpful with logcats and reliable reports and try to be useful as much I can.

Please don't allow just one or other respectless or offending comment (like few posts before) to bother you, or to diminish your joy on doing this. Rude people are all round us also in everyday's life and we better just void them, or simply ignore. If it really makes you upset that they spam your thread, report to Mike Channon and such users they'll be banned from the forum very soon. This same person has spammed pawitp's CM10.2 thread day by day last summer and even such nice person like Pawit got really upset.

Yet, the huge majority of us here have endless respect for you and your work for us, same as we love what guys like pawitp, DerTeufel1980, stratosk, aways, ts1506, didhiy (or before them hardcore, still today chainfire) etc, etc do for us day by day. You still keep our phone technologically up to date while Samsung has abandoned 25 million of owners on Android 2.3

Forum mates, let us show even more our love to the guys who spend their energy and life time (that they could also spend on vacations, or being with family and friends) for the development that they share with us. Hit thanks button until your day limit and buy them a beer from time to time. Just to express our gratefulness.

After all, in the age of KitKat we must be aware that the piece of hardware called GT-i9000 will some day face its limits.
So much from me. Now I go to flash the 20140215 and looking forward to all the next projects!

Thanks for your kinds words!

To me, this is the first Omni build that in an hour of use, didn't lead me to find any errors. Previously, with camera, video, or other stuff, there were always irritating things that needed to be solved. I am not saying it is perfect (active display and lockscreen notifications could be better), but finally, we reached a stable product that works well out of the box for me
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kasper_h For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 01:51 PM |#875  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339

More
Cool, the new build feels really good!
I didn't care for it, but some people will be very happy that the front camera works perfect now!
The Following User Says Thank You to tetakpatak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tetakpatak Ad-Free
15th February 2014, 01:56 PM |#876  
Thanks Meter: 153

More
All perfect...like omni replace recent app in setting..great great good good..no fc..full wipe..install core gapps:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to ayed78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ayed78 Ad-Free
15th February 2014, 02:14 PM |#877  
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Thank you, Kasper_h this ROM is awesome. It got all the features I need and plenty more. In the previous version Lockscreen notifications only worked in the dark, will report with new version. Omniswitch is a bit buggy, it takes to load the recents some time, but this is dependent on the really old device. Upstream will maybe fix it sometimes.
But I think this is THE perfect ROM for my Galaxy to get old
And look at this awesome look that doesn't require any new device for big money:

Huge thanks!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supergeorg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supergeorg Ad-Free
15th February 2014, 02:45 PM |#878  
Flag Fürstenfeld
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeorg

Thank you, Kasper_h this ROM is awesome. It got all the features I need and plenty more. In the previous version Lockscreen notifications only worked in the dark, will report with new version. Omniswitch is a bit buggy, it takes to load the recents some time, but this is dependent on the really old device. Upstream will maybe fix it sometimes.
But I think this is THE perfect ROM for my Galaxy to get old
And look at this awesome look that doesn't require any new device for big money:

Huge thanks!

Could you eventuell post that wallpaper bitte? =P
15th February 2014, 04:41 PM |#879  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Does this rom drain the battery quicker than other KitKat roms such as Mackay Rom or is it just my phone who is messed up (I suspect that the CPU got damaged during the summer in Greece, where it was struggling to keep a signal and it was hot).
15th February 2014, 06:13 PM |#880  
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkons

Could you eventuell post that wallpaper bitte? =P

Got it from Zedge, it's a nice app for stuff like this, you just have to find the gems
http://zedge.net/w9224417?src=a&v=4.1.1

The Following User Says Thank You to supergeorg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supergeorg Ad-Free
15th February 2014, 06:16 PM |#881  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Maybe it's time to change the battery On my phone I don't have any battery drain

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9000 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread