[KK 4.4.2][ROM]Mackay OMNI ROM (27-Feb-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
I don't like the fact that you are mixing two different roms in the same thread.
It is very confusing!
Please open a new thread for the nameless rom.

I also don't like the fact that kasper is ditching us mid-way... This SUCKS!!!

<censored>.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................</censored>

<uncensored>If you don't like it go somewhere else.</uncensored>

turtuv

Jul 6, 2013
Hi! I want to move from Mackay to Omni, but i need a ROM with all functions and without problema. Is Omni ready for this?

Inviato dalla mia Galassia

Ommadawn101

Apr 4, 2011
I believe you have it backwards.
It seems that It is you who are going somewhere else...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hydroboy

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Hi! I want to move from Mackay to Omni, but i need a ROM with all functions and without problema. Is Omni ready for this?

Inviato dalla mia Galassia
For me, omni works just as good as cm-based Mackay.

I believe you have it backwards.
It seems that It is you who are going somewhere else...

People like you make me wonder when you start paying me salary :)
I do this for fun. I am already building several ROMs for a long time, supporting several ROM bases. And in the past, I always spend a lot of time on preparing a stable final build of a ROM base before moving to another one. And then you walk in here out of the blue shouting at me. Please go away and **** *********.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 5

Ommadawn101

Apr 4, 2011
I merely asked the guys who started discussing the other rom to stop mixing two roms in one thread. This is the norm in xda.
It was you who started behaving like a bully, and started flaming. If you don't want to continue developing, then don't. But keep your manners. The fact that you develop and maintain roms does not give you extra rights.
I will not tolerate flaming.

c-droid

Dec 28, 2013
Hi kasper_h,

Hope you still continue to build and fix Mackay OMNI ROM for our S i9000, its already stable, there's just some few things to fix such as the front camera freeze, removing the multi-window is a wise and practical choice considering the hardware specs. of this device, probably OMNI Switch could work. The Active Display is also a nice feature, unfortunately it doesn't function properly as selecting the app doesn't open it, instead dismisses the notification and turn the display back off...

I would also like to help you test Nameless, but since my i9000 is my daily driver and Nameless is still on alpha build, for the moment I would stick here with your OMNI/CM Mackay.

Thanks for continuously developing for our S i9000!

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
I merely asked the guys who started discussing the other rom to stop mixing two roms in one thread. This is the norm in xda.
It was you who started behaving like a bully, and started flaming. If you don't want to continue developing, then don't. But keep your manners. The fact that you develop and maintain roms does not give you extra rights.
I will not tolerate flaming.

I was responding to this sentence:

"I also don't like the fact that kasper is ditching us mid-way... This SUCKS!!!"

I am not ditching anyone. You blame me here of something, that I have a track record of NOT doing. And it is not that you have contributed much in this thread, you just march in and blame me of something. So yes, then I feel like I have the right of attacking you. And yes, I feel that as a developer of this ROM and OP I have more rights to do so than you! :laugh::good:

Anyway, I always build my own ROM based on a certain base ROM. Be it CM, AOKP, Omni. In the past, I sometimes shifted the base, whether I added my own things on top of another base. As I have been contemplating leaving Omni as a base and moving over to Nameless (but still having the unique stuff on top of nameless which I also have been putting on top of Omni), I don't see it as a problem to post the ALPHA is this thread. Opening a new thread for an ALPHA ROM which may be a one-off (as I have done in the past as well, making test ROMs on another base) also does not make things better.

Hi kasper_h,

Hope you still continue to build and fix Mackay OMNI ROM for our S i9000, its already stable, there's just some few things to fix such as the front camera freeze, removing the multi-window is a wise and practical choice considering the hardware specs. of this device, probably OMNI Switch could work. The Active Display is also a nice feature, unfortunately it doesn't function properly as selecting the app doesn't open it, instead dismisses the notification and turn the display back off...

I would also like to help you test Nameless, but since my i9000 is my daily driver and Nameless is still on alpha build, for the moment I would stick here with your OMNI/CM Mackay.

Thanks for continuously developing for our S i9000!

I am currently building a new Omni ROM in which I tried to solve all the issues from the previous releases (I left CMA, but updated zram/ksm based on didhiy's patches), added a patch to the kernel to fix screen colour (thanks to pawitp) and added a patch that should solve the front camera issue.
Active display is something in Omni that I have never liked. I much prefer lockscreen notifications over Active Display (I updated some things to further improve lockscreen notifications in the ROM I am currently compiling). As I don't use Active Display on any of my devices, I am not going to put my own time into fixing it, but I know that there are some people working on Omni that are trying hard to get Active Display working right.

c-droid

Dec 28, 2013
I am currently building a new Omni ROM in which I tried to solve all the issues from the previous releases (I left CMA, but updated zram/ksm based on didhiy's patches), added a patch to the kernel to fix screen colour (thanks to pawitp) and added a patch that should solve the front camera issue.
Active display is something in Omni that I have never liked. I much prefer lockscreen notifications over Active Display (I updated some things to further improve lockscreen notifications in the ROM I am currently compiling). As I don't use Active Display on any of my devices, I am not going to put my own time into fixing it, but I know that there are some people working on Omni that are trying hard to get Active Display working right.

Thanks! that would be great.
I'm also using the lockscreen notification due to active display problem, what I don't like with lockscreen notification is that its floats on top of the PIN/Pattern security that's kind of hindering you unlocking the phone, I hope it could work like that of DashClock notification add-on or NILs lockscreen notification widgets.

MrOban

Feb 27, 2010
Lohmar
For me Omni works really good. The only thing, that prevents me from using it, is less RAM. I had to strip down a lot of apps, otherwise update from play store would not work. With cm KK I can keep all my apps (because of lowram switch?).
Will there be a solution in the future?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
I don't have the space issue myself on Omni. If someone who has this issue can send of logcat when the problem occurs, I may be able to find the solution. Anyway, I have an updated version:

Changelog of 15-Feb-2014
-Omni codebase of 15-Feb
-New kernel (no more CMA, zram & KSM updates, fix for colour problems)
-Fixed front camera FC issue
-Updates to ActiveDisplay & Lockscreen notifications

Downloads:
Rootaxbox

MrOban

Feb 27, 2010
Lohmar
With Omni I only can have 223 user apps if I believe what tb tells me. With your cm I have 268 user apps with no problem. If the message occurs next time I'll post a log file.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Awsome!!!!!!
Thank you so much, kasper_h :) So, I assume we're kind of getting the stable version now here, huh?

This Mackay OMNI ROM is such a joy to use! Combining the features like "Dark OMNI mode" and the unique "Privacy Guard" where one can choose the app permissions are awsome....besides the fact that this ROM is by all means so stable and reliable anyway, you gave us here a reliable work-horse for everyday's use and unified it with highest potential to customize and personalize for our own use. It's a luxory IMHO.

This ROM is what I understand when I say "custom ROM"....it was worth to gain root access, to get this freedom to do what we desire to with our phone. Thank you so much for it!
As your development style seems to meet my personal taste quite exactly, I will probably follow your further development and try to be helpful with logcats and reliable reports and try to be useful as much I can.

Please don't allow just one or other respectless or offending comment (like few posts before) to bother you, or to diminish your joy on doing this. Rude people are all round us also in everyday's life and we better just void them, or simply ignore. If it really makes you upset that they spam your thread, report to Mike Channon and such users they'll be banned from the forum very soon. This same person has spammed pawitp's CM10.2 thread day by day last summer and even such nice person like Pawit got really upset.

Yet, the huge majority of us here have endless respect for you and your work for us, same as we love what guys like pawitp, DerTeufel1980, stratosk, aways, ts1506, didhiy (or before them hardcore, still today chainfire) etc, etc do for us day by day. You still keep our phone technologically up to date while Samsung has abandoned 25 million of owners on Android 2.3

Forum mates, let us show even more our love to the guys who spend their energy and life time (that they could also spend on vacations, or being with family and friends) for the development that they share with us. Hit thanks button until your day limit and buy them a beer from time to time. Just to express our gratefulness.

After all, in the age of KitKat we must be aware that the piece of hardware called GT-i9000 will some day face its limits.
So much from me. Now I go to flash the 20140215 and looking forward to all the next projects! :)

Last edited:

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Awsome!!!!!!
Thank you so much, kasper_h :) So, I assume we're kind of getting the stable version now here, huh?

This Mackay OMNI ROM is such a joy to use! Combining the features like "Dark OMNI mode" and the unique "Privacy Guard" where one can choose the app permissions are awsome....besides the fact that this ROM is by all means so stable and reliable anyway, you gave us here a reliable work-horse for everyday's use and unified it with highest potential to customize and personalize for our own use. It's a luxory IMHO.

This ROM is what I understand when I say "custom ROM"....it was worth to gain root access, to get this freedom to do what we desire to with our phone. Thank you so much for it!
As your development style seems to meet my personal taste quite exactly, I will probably follow your further development and try to be helpful with logcats and reliable reports and try to be useful as much I can.

Please don't allow just one or other respectless or offending comment (like few posts before) to bother you, or to diminish your joy on doing this. Rude people are all round us also in everyday's life and we better just void them, or simply ignore. If it really makes you upset that they spam your thread, report to Mike Channon and such users they'll be banned from the forum very soon. This same person has spammed pawitp's CM10.2 thread day by day last summer and even such nice person like Pawit got really upset.

Yet, the huge majority of us here have endless respect for you and your work for us, same as we love what guys like pawitp, DerTeufel1980, stratosk, aways, ts1506, didhiy (or before them hardcore, still today chainfire) etc, etc do for us day by day. You still keep our phone technologically up to date while Samsung has abandoned 25 million of owners on Android 2.3

Forum mates, let us show even more our love to the guys who spend their energy and life time (that they could also spend on vacations, or being with family and friends) for the development that they share with us. Hit thanks button until your day limit and buy them a beer from time to time. Just to express our gratefulness.

After all, in the age of KitKat we must be aware that the piece of hardware called GT-i9000 will some day face its limits.
So much from me. Now I go to flash the 20140215 and looking forward to all the next projects! :)

Thanks for your kinds words!

To me, this is the first Omni build that in an hour of use, didn't lead me to find any errors. Previously, with camera, video, or other stuff, there were always irritating things that needed to be solved. I am not saying it is perfect (active display and lockscreen notifications could be better), but finally, we reached a stable product that works well out of the box for me :)

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Cool, the new build feels really good! :)
I didn't care for it, but some people will be very happy that the front camera works perfect now!

Reactions: kasper_h

ayed78

Sep 25, 2013
All perfect...like omni replace recent app in setting..great great good good..no fc..full wipe..install core gapps:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: kasper_h

supergeorg

Thank you, Kasper_h this ROM is awesome. It got all the features I need and plenty more. In the previous version Lockscreen notifications only worked in the dark, will report with new version. Omniswitch is a bit buggy, it takes to load the recents some time, but this is dependent on the really old device. Upstream will maybe fix it sometimes.
But I think this is THE perfect ROM for my Galaxy to get old :D
And look at this awesome look that doesn't require any new device for big money:
uqere6er.jpg

Huge thanks!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

xkons

Jan 11, 2012
Fürstenfeld
Thank you, Kasper_h this ROM is awesome. It got all the features I need and plenty more. In the previous version Lockscreen notifications only worked in the dark, will report with new version. Omniswitch is a bit buggy, it takes to load the recents some time, but this is dependent on the really old device. Upstream will maybe fix it sometimes.
But I think this is THE perfect ROM for my Galaxy to get old :D
And look at this awesome look that doesn't require any new device for big money:
uqere6er.jpg

Huge thanks!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk

Could you eventuell post that wallpaper bitte? =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been sharing my CM7/CM9/CM10/CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11-based builds for several devices. MackayROM was first based on CyanogenMod sources, but I decided to move over to Omni as base for my ROM.

About Omni: Omni is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

If you run into errors, I may not be able to solve it!

If you know a solution to a problem, either upload it yourself to Gerrit Code Review or contact me through pm.

The ROM is based on Omni sources with the following changes:
    -Mackay Kernel:
    -Set of cherries picked from gerrit (differing by the day)
    -Some additional patches I did myself to the source code

Feature request are OK, but remember:
    1. I try to stay close to stock
    2. I will not include additional apps, unless they can be build from source
    3. The time I spend on features depends on how much I like them myself

Although it is possible to enable ART, this is not advisable:
    -Takes long to convert from Dalvik to ART on first boot
    -Needs more RAM
    -Can cause soft reboots
    But off course, YMMV -> light users may have better luck

Changelog of 27-Feb-2014
    -Omni codebase of 26-Feb (e.g. new bootanimation :))
    -QS Ribbon is gone

-Custom kernels can be used only if specific for OmniROM => currently none

Full changelog of compared to stock Omni
    Omni sources of 31-Jan-2013

All features compared to stock kernel:
    Separate kernel thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532813
    -Mackay kernel:
    -Christopher86's cortex-A8 optimized Linaro toolchain (January version)
    -O3 optimization
    -updated to linux kernel version 3.0.101
    -SLQB memory allocator (default, should be slightly faster)
    -XZ compression of kernel & initramfs
    -396MB RAM
    -SIOplus scheduler
    -Added Lagfree governor
    -ROW scheduler (tweaked, default scheduler)
    -FIOPS scheduler (tweaked)
    -XZ compression of kernel & initramfs
    -many improvements to IO schedulers in general
    -Deadline tuning (thanks to DerTeufel)
    -Ondemand tuned (updated based on code of stratosk)
    -SmartassV2 governor
    -OndemandX governor
    -Interactive governor (updated to android 3.4 code + fixes)
    -Wheatley & Lulzactive governors
    -Conservative tuned
    -Call volume hack (use “Settings>Mackay Settings”* to set volumes)
    -Reduced battery polling interval
    -Fast charge (activate through “Settings>Advanced Settings”* or the QuickCharge toggle in MackayROM)
    -WiFi PM_FAST mode selection (activate using “Settings>Mackay Settings”*)
    -Battery life extender (set through “Settings>Mackay Settings”*)
    -CustomVoltage (set using NSTools)
    -USB OTG support (needs external power supply)
    -1100-1400MHz OC steps
    -Custom kernel splash (Thanks to Malcho)
    -Updated charging logo to match open charger
    -Disabled swap & zram
    -Improve memcopy/memmove
    -Improve the performance of memcpy and memmove
    -Kill task closest in size to memory needed to free
    -LOAD_FREQ (4*HZ+61) avoids loadavg Moire
    -Entropy tweaks: http://lwn.net/Articles/489734/
    -backport CPUIDLE from 3.5
    -arm/crypto: Add optimized AES and SHA1 routines
    -Unaligned CPU access
    -Improvements to RWSEM code
    -Improvements to binder code
    -Improvements to tmpfs
    -Added frandom (much faster random number generator)
    -Updated to lowmemorykiller with PID whitelist (thanks to stratosk)
    -Many parts of the code build as module to reduce effective kernel size
    -Updated wifi driver to 5.90.195.114
    -Updated GPU driver to DDK 1.8@2198402
    -Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP
    -Introduce timer slack controller
    -Zram patched
    -Low RAM switch option (default off)

To see the additions on top of Omni, check github (additional patches are always shown on top):
    Settings
    OmniGears
    Frameworks

Fresh install:
    Can be flashed on top of any ROM:
    -Do a factory reset
    -Wipe /system
    -Flash ROM
    -Boot the phone
    -Reboot recovery
    -Flash gapps & superSU
    -Reboot your phone

Update:
    -Flash ROM
    -Reboot your phone
    (no wipes or other things needed, just flash & reboot)

-Custom kernels can be used only if specific for OmniROM => currently none

Credits:
    -Omni team for in incredible job on the ROM base
    -OmNomteam: great group of Omni fanatics
    -teamhacksung/pawitp for making KitKat work on our ancient phone
    -stratosk/DerTeufel/Mialwe for the inspiration I got from their kernels
    -rootax for providing a high-speed server for high quality downloads
    -Malcho for his kernel splash & bootanimation

Downloads:
    Rootaxbox

For those who want to theme it even further, Bejda made a Mackay splash screen!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2214468

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KK 4.4.2][ROM]Mackay OMNI ROM, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
    kasper_h
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Omni

Version Information

Created 2013-12-15
    Last Updated 2014-02-27
    Changelog of 17-Dec-2013
    -Based on omni source of 17-Dec-2013
    -Google backup/restore in ROM fixes
    -Fixed the Mackay Settings FC (so you can enable navbar, change colour, change vibration intensity, to name a few request of the last days :))
    -CM calculator with more features
    -CM Exchange & Email - my corporate Exchange account works fine for me now
    -Many minor patches merged (see my github for details)

Downloads:
    XDAfileserver
    Rootaxbox
    I don't have the space issue myself on Omni. If someone who has this issue can send of logcat when the problem occurs, I may be able to find the solution. Anyway, I have an updated version:

Changelog of 15-Feb-2014
    -Omni codebase of 15-Feb
    -New kernel (no more CMA, zram & KSM updates, fix for colour problems)
    -Fixed front camera FC issue
    -Updates to ActiveDisplay & Lockscreen notifications

Downloads:
    Rootaxbox
    Changelog of 21-Dec-2013
    -Based on omni source of 21-Dec-2013
    -Fixes to PIN screen
    -Added quick pulldown for QS back
    -Added back button kills app back in development settings (could already be programmed through settings>buttons, but this should be a better solution)
    -Updates to DSP Manager
    -New volume panel colours (to match kitkat)
    -Improved some animations

Downloads:
    XDAfileserver
    Rootaxbox
    Changelog of 28-Dec-2013
    -Omni codebase of 27-Dec
    -Added a basic QS toggle modification patch (based on AOSPA -> press the new edit button above the toggles to modify the QS toggle screen -> press to remove/add / hold to move around)
    -Some ActiveDisplay fixes
    -Some Camera fixes

Downloads:
    XDAfileserver
    Rootaxbox