Gnome 3 as webapp(ipk to be uploaded shortly)

Search This thread

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
So I have always thought gnome 3 would be a great tablet interface for big tablets and I found a port of gnome 3 wrote in JavaScript and available to test and use on a webpage(that I'll share later).

So I took the Google Music Wrapper and modified it to get a full screen experience, and since its wrote using enyo you can scroll on Firefox and through the app drawer instead of tapping on the scroll bar.

At the moment I'm running it on his server, but I plan with help of any developer to build the packages for webos and create a server on the touchpad so you can have the OS native.

The ipk I have created will be uploaded shortly to test(when I get home), the cool thing is you don't need to multiboot because its an application! :D

If any developer wants to help please PM me. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

netkillercat

Oct 31, 2010
amazing

this really sound good :good:

dude just installed and it looks really sweet man hope this gets off the ground running i like the way this may work in the future

Last edited:
Reactions: blmvxer

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387652122397.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387652122397.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 787

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
Sorry I haven't posted the APK yet, I'm working on bringing this natively instead of a webapp. If I can't get it working with C++ and internal storage, then I'll just make a java webapp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

topdawg7793

Mar 28, 2012
Sorry I haven't posted the APK yet, I'm working on bringing this natively instead of a webapp. If I can't get it working with C++ and internal storage, then I'll just make a java webapp.

Looks very nice and polished! I look forward to testing out the apk!
Thanks for the hard work!

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
Gnome 3 beta 1.0 for android added to second post.

I will work on this further. Only works for Android Tablets and Netbooks.
Shows a Full screen button when ran on phones. I'll try and fix this later.

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
Gnome 3 WebApp on Android 4.0.3 Netbook.

Attachments

• 1395703240560.jpg
    1395703240560.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 258

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I have always thought gnome 3 would be a great tablet interface for big tablets and I found a port of gnome 3 wrote in JavaScript and available to test and use on a webpage(that I'll share later).

So I took the Google Music Wrapper and modified it to get a full screen experience, and since its wrote using enyo you can scroll on Firefox and through the app drawer instead of tapping on the scroll bar.

At the moment I'm running it on his server, but I plan with help of any developer to build the packages for webos and create a server on the touchpad so you can have the OS native.

The ipk I have created will be uploaded shortly to test(when I get home), the cool thing is you don't need to multiboot because its an application! :D

If any developer wants to help please PM me. :)

I'll have an Android apk of this web app up soon.