Failed FLASHING S4

Search This thread

BilalMH

Feb 16, 2014
Hi guys, don't know if this is going on the right forum or whatever but I have a problem!

So last week I rooted and flashed my phone to 4.4.2 Google Play Edition (I'm a noob to all of this) may I add that I have a GT-i9505 model with an unlocked bootloader etc (as I have an international s4)

Phone was working fine except for a few bugs such as camera application would stop working.

So I decided to have to have a look around at another ROM to change and flash it and I found the 4.4.2 Liquidsmooth ROM (which looks pretty good and seems to be everything I need) so I started to reflash it all again (as I did before) however I have 35% battery and my flash failed with the error
'file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.pro" error executing updater binary in zip.

So what is it I'm doing wrong? Is it coz I'm flashing on top of another ROM? I have no idea, can someone point me in the right direction? I'm not using an ext SD card for this either!

If you can a noob version would be awesome! Thank you so much for reading this!

bobs158

Feb 17, 2014
Gold Coast
Hi guys, don't know if this is going on the right forum or whatever but I have a problem!

So last week I rooted and flashed my phone to 4.4.2 Google Play Edition (I'm a noob to all of this) may I add that I have a GT-i9505 model with an unlocked bootloader etc (as I have an international s4)

Phone was working fine except for a few bugs such as camera application would stop working.

So I decided to have to have a look around at another ROM to change and flash it and I found the 4.4.2 Liquidsmooth ROM (which looks pretty good and seems to be everything I need) so I started to reflash it all again (as I did before) however I have 35% battery and my flash failed with the error
'file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.pro" error executing updater binary in zip.

So what is it I'm doing wrong? Is it coz I'm flashing on top of another ROM? I have no idea, can someone point me in the right direction? I'm not using an ext SD card for this either!

If you can a noob version would be awesome! Thank you so much for reading this!

Ok you must wipe your old rom first but MAKE A BACK UP, firstly go into recovery (cwm or twrp) and go to "back up" and make a back up. second go to wipe and wipe cache then wipe dalvic cache (if your using cmw you will have to go to advanced on the home screen to wipe dalvic cache)
third go back to wipe and wipe system, after that wipe the cache and dalvic cache just like before
And for the final stage go to install, find the rom you want (will be a zip file) and then flash it, when done wipe cache and dalvic cache one more time then reboot
And bam you should have you new custom rom (you dont have to keep wiping the cache and dalvic cache but its recomended) :)

BilalMH

Feb 16, 2014
Ok you must wipe your old rom first but MAKE A BACK UP, firstly go into recovery (cwm or twrp) and go to "back up" and make a back up. second go to wipe and wipe cache then wipe dalvic cache (if your using cmw you will have to go to advanced on the home screen to wipe dalvic cache)
third go back to wipe and wipe system, after that wipe the cache and dalvic cache just like before
And for the final stage go to install, find the rom you want (will be a zip file) and then flash it, when done wipe cache and dalvic cache one more time then reboot
And bam you should have you new custom rom (you dont have to keep wiping the cache and dalvic cache but its recomended) :)

Thank you, this did the trick! :D

visionerator

Feb 18, 2014
the most important thing is read, read and read the instruction before applying any flash.
I always do that and never fail :)