459 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,511

By Blechd0se, Inactive Recognized Developer on 14th October 2013, 10:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th January 2014, 11:08 AM |#141  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Forcing my way to do the "trim", with lagfix, twrp commands, etc, I finally managed... to almost brick my phone (Motologo, not even a blue led, had to flash a sbf all over again). I think i'll stop experimenting it

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady76

I've been playing with the "Low Memory" option under @Quarx's CM11 and I must reckon I don't understand how it works. Enabling it leaves my MB526 with just 20-30MB of free RAM, while disabling it boasts free RAM to 150-200MB...

It's a 479MB RAM device, and without the "low memory" option I rarelly go under 200Mb free and it is AFAIK not natural for an android system to have always at least 40% RAM free.
Besides, I didn't notice any drastic boost associated with this great amount of free ram (apps are still closed even with that much free ram)

I think there are 2 ways to see it :
Either the "free RAM" indicator isn't actually accurate and is completly bogus.
Or the "low memory" option, when disabled, makes android kill everything very fast because it expects to have 200MB free at any given time (which means 20% on a 1GB system, that wouldn't be unusual).

So, either way, enabling "low memory" would be best, because I don't think that having android kill all background tasks is a good thing.
24th January 2014, 12:00 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 2,757

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urdle

Forcing my way to do the "trim", with lagfix, twrp commands, etc, I finally managed... to almost brick my phone (Motologo, not even a blue led, had to flash a sbf all over again). I think i'll stop experimenting it

It's a 479MB RAM device, and without the "low memory" option I rarelly go under 200Mb free and it is AFAIK not natural for an android system to have always at least 40% RAM free.
Besides, I didn't notice any drastic boost associated with this great amount of free ram (apps are still closed even with that much free ram)

I think there are 2 ways to see it :
Either the "free RAM" indicator isn't actually accurate and is completly bogus.
Or the "low memory" option, when disabled, makes android kill everything very fast because it expects to have 200MB free at any given time (which means 20% on a 1GB system, that wouldn't be unusual).

So, either way, enabling "low memory" would be best, because I don't think that having android kill all background tasks is a good thing.

Doesn't kill everything fast, just disables some graphical whizbang. Graphic buffers take quite a bit of ram. Your minfrees handle app killing.

That said I find its much more useable when low memory flag is enabled.

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to TJKV For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TJKV Ad-Free
26th January 2014, 02:22 AM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJKV

Doesn't kill everything fast, just disables some graphical whizbang. Graphic buffers take quite a bit of ram. Your minfrees handle app killing.

That said I find its much more useable when low memory flag is enabled.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Talking about minfrees, getting only slightly ot, anyone knows if supercharger script is usable in any way these days? (kk-4.4, krnl-3.0)

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to erdnuesse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erdnuesse Ad-Free
17th February 2014, 04:14 PM |#144  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Hello Guys,

just pushed out a new release of Aero Control!
Just check out the Changelog;
  • Added a new CardLayout based interface for the overview panel (with a few additions)
  • Redesigning the CPU Statistics panel a little bit
  • Complete overhaul of the statistics data structures as well as its calculations
  • Fixed logcat spam if some files doesn't exist
  • Fixed a potential reboot during trimming
  • Fixed theme won't apply immediately
  • Fixed overclocking values won't show correctly in statistics
  • Made some base calculations smarter to be more efficient
  • Much more smaller stuff, check github for details
  • Updated translations: polish @marcin92, chinese-simplified @struq, italian @android74, croation @spear1403, romanian @cyrusct82 (thanks guys!)

So all in all many many bug/logical fixes and also a small UI redesign. Some guy said he didn't like the overview panel with
those italic font and since that very moment i started to think about how to redesign this. Also if you overclocked your CPU it should display
those values now correctly. I spend much time on the statistics panel to tweak it as much as possible, basically i did a
complete rewriting of the base data structure and how Aero Control loads those CPU values. Have fun!

As always you can get the apk file from my server or download it via Google Play.
Notice that Google needs some time until they give you the OTA update.

I am also very thankfully if you leave a rating for my little humble app in the Play Store. This really helps
me a lot!

Download

Download Google Play
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blechd0se Ad-Free
18th February 2014, 03:25 AM |#145  
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 647

More
Hi. Thanks blechdose for this updated. I'm on cm11 from 2-15 and overclocked at 1200 with aero control, but CPU statics it's not showing the correct values.. Pic it's attached. In cm11 was reported it's working, but not for me. Any idea why?

Enviado desde mi MB526 mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ldiomedi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ldiomedi Ad-Free
18th February 2014, 12:15 PM |#146  
Flag Berisso
Thanks Meter: 211

More
@ldiomedi, same happens to me. Overclocked my MB526 with AeroControl ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]) and the two last frequencies won't show up in AeroControl's Statistics...

EDIT: A reboot made the 1200MHz frequency appear!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-18-08-15-53.png
Views:	203
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	2586330  
The Following User Says Thank You to slimshady76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slimshady76 Ad-Free
18th February 2014, 01:44 PM |#147  
Flag Tatooine
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Same here, after reboot all looks fine; cpuspy, nofrills as well.
Thanks for your trouble!
19th February 2014, 02:23 AM |#148  
Flag Salvador
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Exclamation Feedback
Hi master @Blechd0se

Aero Control sometimes crashes after reboot. Other times it loses saved profiles and back only when I change the theme (to dark-holo-blue) for what I chose when I created this profiles (very strange this behavior).

Also it doesn't get the CPU frequencies set at boot menu (OC), but works fine with Stock frequencies (300, 600, 800, 1000).

I'm using CM11 for Defy+ (Quarx).
The Following User Says Thank You to Saturnal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saturnal Ad-Free
19th February 2014, 09:02 AM |#149  
Flag Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnal

Hi master @Blechd0se

Aero Control sometimes crashes after reboot. Other times it loses saved profiles and back only when I change the theme (to dark-holo-blue) for what I chose when I created this profiles (very strange this behavior).

Also it doesn't get the CPU frequencies set at boot menu (OC), but works fine with Stock frequencies (300, 600, 800, 1000).

I'm using CM11 for Defy+ (Quarx).

Can you provide me a logcat from this crash? I never experienced something like this during my tests.
If you want to start from a fresh install, just wipe the apps data (your previous saved profiles will get deleted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady76

@ldiomedi, same happens to me. Overclocked my MB526 with AeroControl ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]) and the two last frequencies won't show up in AeroControl's Statistics...

EDIT: A reboot made the 1200MHz frequency appear!

As you stated, you need either to reboot or set those frequencies again. Otherwise the overclock module won't be able to find those
missing addresses
The Following User Says Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blechd0se Ad-Free
19th February 2014, 10:22 PM |#150  
Flag Salvador
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blechd0se

Can you provide me a logcat from this crash? I never experienced something like this during my tests.
If you want to start from a fresh install, just wipe the apps data (your previous saved profiles will get deleted).

As you stated, you need either to reboot or set those frequencies again. Otherwise the overclock module won't be able to find those
missing addresses

Crashes occur when I switch to stock freq on Aero Control and reboot. I think it conflicts with OC freq set in boot menu. Also, I attached log when the profiles saved on Aero Control missing, but don't know whether the log captures that.

I hope it helps you!
Attached Files
File Type: rar logcat.rar - [Click for QR Code] (38.6 KB, 4 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Saturnal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saturnal Ad-Free
23rd February 2014, 06:40 PM |#151  
Flag Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnal

Crashes occur when I switch to stock freq on Aero Control and reboot. I think it conflicts with OC freq set in boot menu. Also, I attached log when the profiles saved on Aero Control missing, but don't know whether the log captures that.

I hope it helps you!

Yes this does help, thank you! I just pushed a new version to google play and hope it will be fixed for you.
Please let me know if you still have any troubles.

This is just a bug-fix release, so nothing to fancy here, changelog;
  • Fixed a bug where the overview panel could cause a huge memory leak
  • Fixed a bug where the user could override existing profiles
  • Fixed a bug where wrong values in live oc/uc could crash Aero Control
  • Fixed a bug where the wrong cast operation was used when set on boot was enabled

Download Google Play

Download on my Server
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blechd0se Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aero, app, control, kernel

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)