[SOLUTION] Successful flash of leaked NA6 ROM on Hong Kong 32g N9005

Search This thread

HellKaiser

Jan 13, 2014
Btw, if I chose to flash the v4.4.2 stock rom for Poland, I noticed there's several choices in the sammobile website so which is it?

trk_hassan12

Feb 13, 2014
Just a question.

HI FeralFire!

I have a GALAXY NOTE 3 32GB from HK with this firmware: AP:N9005ZHUBMI7 CP:N9005XXUBMI5 CSC: N9005ZZHBMI7.

Could please tell me if having this firmaware, can i use your method? because i didn't make any modification yet to my phone... basically the phone has the default configurations.

Thanks for your help.:good:

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
HI FeralFire!

I have a GALAXY NOTE 3 32GB from HK with this firmware: AP:N9005ZHUBMI7 CP:N9005XXUBMI5 CSC: N9005ZZHBMI7.

Could please tell me if having this firmaware, can i use your method? because i didn't make any modification yet to my phone... basically the phone has the default configurations.

Thanks for your help.:good:

Yeah, sure. It will work. Mine came with the same software versions.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Dear FeralFire,

So if I understand correctly the csc will repartition the device ? It's a bit odd as csc files don't have PIT information in them and aren't used to repartion the device. So can our users with Hong Kong devices use the csc trick and then flash the 1 file new Polish rom ? Do you need to use this csc trick every time or just once and then you can flash european roms ?

Many thanx,

Thomas

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
Dear FeralFire,

So if I understand correctly the csc will repartition the device ? It's a bit odd as csc files don't have PIT information in them and aren't used to repartion the device. So can our users with Hong Kong devices use the csc trick and then flash the 1 file new Polish rom ? Do you need to use this csc trick every time or just once and then you can flash european roms ?

Many thanx,

Thomas

The CSC file has the European pit in it.
It just writes the pit to the device so that when Odin wants to flash new ROMS, it finds the European pit on device.

You only have to do it once. But this will not work for 16gb models.
They will throw up some pit related error when you try to flash the CSC file.

Reactions: DaOldMan

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
The CSC file has the European pit in it.
It just writes the pit to the device so that when Odin wants to flash new ROMS, it finds the European pit on device.

You only have to do it once. But this will not work for 16gb models.
They will throw up some pit related error when you try to flash the CSC file.

It checks out, there is a european pit inside the csc file. Sounds great, thanks a lot our Hong Kong user will love this.

Thomas

P.S Did you try to use the pit alone with repartition (the pit from the csc extracted)

Last edited:

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
It checks out, there is a european pit inside the csc file. Sounds great, thanks a lot our Hong Kong user will love this.

Thomas

P.S Did you try to use the pit alone with repartition (the pit from the csc extracted)

Yeah, I tried that. Odin gives a 'successful' flag but there is no change on the phone.
I tried with Heimdall as well. It gave a 'pit mismatch' error between the pit on the device and the pit I was trying to use.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Yeah, I tried that. Odin gives a 'successful' flag but there is no change on the phone.
I tried with Heimdall as well. It gave a 'pit mismatch' error between the pit on the device and the pit I was trying to use.

Just installed the recent Polish 4.4.2 on friends Hong Kong n9005 :). Worked like a charm !

Great find !

Thomas

gadaga

Mar 7, 2007
Hi FeralFire

I flashed my Hong Kong Note 3 to the Polish 4.2.2 following your procedure... Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!!!

As I'm in france, is there any befifit in flashing a French international (XEF) ROM over the Polish ROM (as soon as the French XEF 4.2.2 will be available) or are all these euripean ROM's the same?

Thanks a lot for your good work

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
Hi FeralFire

I flashed my Hong Kong Note 3 to the Polish 4.2.2 following your procedure... Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!!!

As I'm in france, is there any befifit in flashing a French international (XEF) ROM over the Polish ROM (as soon as the French XEF 4.2.2 will be available) or are all these euripean ROM's the same?

Thanks a lot for your good work

The French ROM would have the localized CSC. That's the only advantage.

wl3gan

Apr 10, 2007
Hi,

I have use the procedure described in this thread to upgrade the firmware to NA6 (XME) version, the new version (NB4) is out. Can I just flash directly to the new firmware without going through the 6 steps?

By the way, does CF-Root support NB4 yet?

prasanthkb

Feb 8, 2010
Doha
N9005XXUENB4 German ROM Flash Fail on 32GB Hong Kong Note 3 LTE

Hi,

Just flashed the German ROM ( N9005XXUENB4_N9005DBTENB1_DBT ) and ODIN gave a Fail(size) message.

My phone is Hong Kong 32GB flashed to official 4.4.2 Polland ROM ( N9005XXUENB3_N9005OXXENB1_XEO ).

I followed the steps in the post after "Ext4 image " error message appeared in ODIN when i tried to flash the unofficial Poland ROM over the TGY 4.3 ROM.

Now i Reflashed to Poland ROM ( N9005XXUENB3_N9005OXXENB1_XEO) and everything is fine with the phone.

German ROM cannot be flashed on the 32GB Hong Kong Note 3 LTE; my results are negative.

Thanks

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
Hi,

I have use the procedure described in this thread to upgrade the firmware to NA6 (XME) version, the new version (NB4) is out. Can I just flash directly to the new firmware without going through the 6 steps?

By the way, does CF-Root support NB4 yet?

You can flash it directly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The problem was that Hong Kong Note 3 has a different partition structure for some reason and thus when trying to write the system partition, we got the infamous 'invalid ext4 image' error. I tried extracting the pit from the CSC file and partition with it, but it didn't work. Even tried it with heimdall. Still didn't work. But after a lot of reading, experimenting, and praying, I tried this.

1. Download leaked ROM from here: Terafile; Google Docs; Torrent; Storage Cow
    2. Extract the 4 files.
    3. Fire up Odin 3.09 and put the phone in download mode.
    4. Load ONLY CSC file in Odin. (It contains the pit we need)
    5. Make sure Re-partition is unchecked.
    6. Flash it.
    7. Reboot to Download mode.
    8. Flash all 4 files normally.
    9. Reboot to Kitkat.
    10. Enjoy.
    Hi guys, I had the same issue with the 16GB Honk Kong version, and this is how I have finally resolved, trying the methods you suggested and others, and finally got it back to life this way (I'm posting in case this might be useful for any of you as well)

1.- Flash bootloader from N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_OXX (Leaked Kit Kat version)
    2.- After reboot, flash bootloader, CP and CSC from the same version (N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_OXX). Flashing bootloader again might not be necessary, but this is how I did it, and how it worked, so I cannot confirm otherwise
    3.- Flash AP from N9005ZHUBMI7 (Honk Kong version)
    4.- Enter recovery mode and wiped system, cache and dalvik (just in case)
    4.- Flash autoroot (n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.6-kitkat(0113).tar)
    5.- Flash CWM recovery for KitKat (n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.6-kitkat(0113).tar)
    6.- Installed the latest version of SweetRom (SweetROM_V7.00_NA6_4.4.2_N9005.zip) from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2487425

So long it seems to be working correctly, battery consumption has increased, but this seems normal every time I change my ROM. Thanks again for all your help, and hopefully this will help someone else resolve the issue until the official version for the HK 16GB version is available.
    Do yuo have the N9005 hongkong version? Is it the 16gb or the 32gb model?

---------- Post added 21st January 2014 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 20th January 2014 at 11:57 PM ----------

This worked for me. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Do yuo have the N9005 hongkong version? Is it the 16gb or the 32gb model?

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

The problem was that Hong Kong Note 3 has a different partition structure for some reason and thus when trying to write the system partition, we got the infamous 'invalid ext4 image' error. I tried extracting the pit from the CSC file and partition with it, but it didn't work. Even tried it with heimdall. Still didn't work. But after a lot of reading, experimenting, and praying, I tried this.

1. Download leaked ROM from here: http://x-mirror.cu.cc/Samsung/Note3/UnofficialFW/
    2. Extract the 4 files.
    3. Fire up Odin 3.09.
    4. Load ONLY CSC file in Odin. (It contains the pit we need)
    5. Make sure Re-partition is unchecked.
    6. Flash it.
    7. On your phone, something might happen. (I had Philz recovery. It automatically booted and asked me about installing some untrusted thing. I denied it.)
    8. Reboot to Download mode.
    9. Flash all 4 files normally.
    10. Reboot to Kitkat.
    11. Enjoy.

Have hongkong 16gb model failed when I try step 6.Its something about pit files. Did you do all this steps after you failed to upgrade at first time?
    Does anybody know where could I find the version for the 16GB Hong Kong version? Thanks!

There is no 16gb version. You will have to either wait for the official Hong Kong ROM or else go for a custom ROM.
    I am glad it helped you. :)

This will only work on 32 gb or 64 gb devices. The 16 gb n9005 needs a different pit file which is not provided for any ROM other than the Hong Kong roms. For some reason, Samsung decided that Hong Kong phones should have a different partition table than the rest of the world.

Follow this thread this PIT should work for your 16GB and download the file
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616103