2,370 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,637

By DilanChd, Recognized Contributor on 21st November 2013, 10:24 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
22nd January 2014, 07:19 PM |#31  
Flag WISCONSIN!!!
Thanks Meter: 0

More
anaheiim, I just reread your post and I guess you mean, if my phone version (Poland version CSC = XEO) gets the GDR3 update, without me changing the CSC, then none of my data/files won't get erased to factory default after the update?

26th January 2014, 08:48 PM |#32  
Flag WISCONSIN!!!

More
Does anyone know when the poland version will be getting this update officially? If it just in the next month or so, then i can wait, if not, then I guess i'll do method 2 then, changing the CSC.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinPhilemon

Or if you don't feel like deleting all your data, you could just change this registry entry:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo] 
"PhoneMobileOperatorName"="000-AT"
Restart and check for updates. GDR3 will start downloading.

NOTE: You do not need to change back this entry, as this is always the first to receive updates (was first to receive Portico, GDR2 and now GDR3)

Do I just download and use "SamWP8 Tools" and go into that registry and change it to "000-AT" and restart the phone and it should be able to find the GDR3 update? Sorry for posting like 10,000 times on here but I'm just trying to be on the safe side and find the simplest solution without having to hard reset or lose my data/files. Any response and info would greatly be appreciated, thanks guys!
26th January 2014, 09:02 PM |#33  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 1,637

More
To delete
26th January 2014, 10:36 PM |#34  
Flag WISCONSIN!!!

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheiim

Yes, is it right.

Nobody knows for Poland.

Yes, you can use SamWP8 Tools or WPH Tweaks for change Phone Mobile Operator Name for 000-AT, with this, you can check and install GDR3 update without Hard Reset.

Thank you very much for your time and response, I really appreciated it. But now, since I had read a few more info on these "Interop-Unlocked" stuff, will this "Official GDR3" block the Samsung diagnosis app (##634#)? I notice I have a shortcut to the Samsung diagnosis app when I first access it, does this mean my phone is "Interop-Unlocked?" Or how do I know?

So I guess what are the "Pros" and "Cons" when upgrading to the GDR3 update, what will be blocked such as registry editors apps, or other hack apps?

Again, Thanks a lot for you help!
17th February 2014, 07:38 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So.. I've Interop unlocked my Ativ S in the past, and am currently happily running the preview for developers GDR3. Today however, i noticed my phone was downloading the official GDR3 by Samsung. (or so it says anyways.. The download is titled: Samsung windows phone update)

If i just apply the official GDR3, do I lose the interop unlock?
17th February 2014, 08:54 AM |#36  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
Sigh... LEARN TO READ (or search) please! That *exact* question has been asked, and answered, several times before.

Also, who the heck leaves automatic updates enabled on a device they're hacking? Be glad this isn't Apple, bricking jailbroken devices when updates are installed...
17th February 2014, 09:32 AM |#37  

More
Well, actually, that was turned off (i checked manually, didn't apply anything yet, just downloaded it..) and the title of the update was actually that it was a Samsung update.. I did search, being a long time member of xda actually, but i've only used the Android forums in the past and they seem waaay more organised and far less fragmented then the WP ones.. But that could be just me i guess.
Not having English as my native language, this forum can be confusing sometimes. As i've read this topic, I should have unchecked the "Dev Updates" option in SAMs WP tools, perhaps.. Just not sure if i should choose the "method 3" from the polish page to apply the official GDR3 on top of my gdr3 preview, or if i should just leave the update the hell alone if I want to keep the interop unlock. Translate.google.com does an OK job translating the polish on the page, but things like:

"the update of GDR3 Preview change issue os version (still 8.0.10512)"
and
"If you think to make it unlock existing GDR3 Preview, just notice the OS version will remain as Preview ver."

..confuse the hell outta me. :')
17th February 2014, 08:08 PM |#38  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
*sigh* the question you asked - whether you lose interop unlock - has been asked and answered multiple times.
No, you don't lose the unlock. However, you lose the ability to unlock again, or to use many apps which require the unlock. There are multiple possible solutions here. One of them is to place a file called "Non-Production Errors.txt" in the public Documents folder (the one you see via USB). http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2573355

You *might* also need to re-run the bootstrap and capability unlock (EnableAllSideloading) apps afterward. At that point you should be good to go.

All of this was really easy to find. Much of it was in this thread already. People these days...
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
24th February 2014, 10:14 AM |#39  

More
Hey thanx GoodDayToDie, the solution in the link you've posted regarding the text file did keep the interop unlock! No re-running the bootstrap or app capacity unlock necessary in my case. Tested and xapp deployment still works.. Full FS access using Sams tools is also still available. Even got my 3 tiles setting back after the update.

I did read the topic regarding the RPC unblock/unlock, but didn't relate that to specific GDR3 functions that were "locked". Somehow didn't make that connection in my head. Thanks again.
3rd March 2014, 06:27 PM |#40  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djadry

GDR3 fixed all the problems with the bluetooth sound system of my car... And that was enough for me.

That's funny. The recent update to GDR3 broke my bluetooth. Now, when connected, every 3-4 minutes, the phone reboots. I'm very upset as this is a critical use for me. It worked fine before.
I'm trying to find a solution...

Regards.
11th March 2014, 09:35 PM |#41  
Flag WISCONSIN!!!

More
After 3 months of waiting for the Official GDR3 update for the Poland version, it's finally here! I did a quick update check and voila! But I haven't updated yet because I have heard that some users are experiencing 2 major bugs within their GDR3 update such as the "System Storage" being full and the "can't install apps" because of system storage full. But then again, some users are saying it's only affected by the users with the GDR3 developer preview. Are any of these true? I wouldn't want to go from less bugs to more bugs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FOT1F4B.png
Views:	139
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	2625649  
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread