Originally Posted by suniljatolia
I have been following this forum for my Galaxy R updates and since now the kitkat version is available (A big Thanks to karthik050782), I am looking for the list of working features this new [ROM][4.4.2][OFFICIAL]OMNI 4.4.2 for GalaxyR offers.
Official Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2576793
I am very excited about this release want to immediately flash this rom but before i do so just want to confirm are the basic features like calling, internet, wifi etc are working.
It would be a great help for people like me who wants to update but are bit hesitant cause this galaxy r is what we have and are ready to go for it fir the basic features of a smartphone are available.
It would be great if official releasers of ROM list the working features here or on the official post itself.
The help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Welcome to XDA friend.
However I just want to tell you that, you'd use the search function instead of creating a new thread.
Because, everything you want to know is ALREADY MENTIONED in the discussion thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2594188
Besides you could've asked the same question in the discussion thread itself by creating a new post instead...
Anyway, I'm using OMNI rom myself and I can tell you that most of the features are working fine.
There are however some bugs which are already listed there in the discussion thread...
Here is a list of bugs for you:
>Some Major Bugs
- Mass storage(only mtp works).
- Wifi Tethering.
- Bluetooth A2DP (bluetooth handsfree)
>Some Moderate Bugs
- An electronic sound is played sometimes while playing songs.
- First reboot takes longer than usual (after that size of data/lost+found folder increases to 1+ Gb).
- Screen Recording (it won't work as we don't have neon support) (Use 3rd party apps like SCR Screen Recorder for workaround)
- 90 degree rotation bug in Camera(photo) in portrait mode
- Camera stops responding when picture size is changed.
- Browser FCs when Incognito mode is used.
- Camera stops working when back button is pressed while viewing any image.
>Some Minor bugs
- Gallery FCs when sharpness is changed while editing image.
- Fail to install apk from 'downloads' app.
- Movie Studio App FCs when new project is created
Everything else is working perfectly fine.
However I suggest you to please read this thread
carefully before flashing.