[Q] Can't Odin soft brick Getting Fail on Auth. How to fix?

Search This thread

kruuth

Oct 23, 2010
I took my S4 from MF3 down to MK2. Then I stupidly installed TWRP and it got stuck on:

"FIrmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again"

I tried using kies to fix this but that doesn't work either. The recovery says at the top:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I337
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
KNOX KERNEL LOCK:0x0
KNOX WARRANY VOID:0x0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB:0x30
WRITE PROTECTION:Enable
eMMC BURST MODE:enable

KIES goes to emergency recovery and gets as far as decompressing binary files. After that it sits at "Firmware emergency stopped due to Galaxy S4(SGH-I337)error. If the prolblem persists, please contact the Samsung service centre.

Odin errors like this:

<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/005> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/005> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)

How do I fix this?

*EDIT: With ODIN, it writes:
START [224,140]
BAR [248,1440]
SW REV. CHECK FAIL : FUSED 4, BINARY:2

Last edited:

SelfElevated2

Oct 8, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
First you didn't go down. You went up to mk2. And you need to Odin the mk2 stock tar. The boot loader will block you from trying to Odin mf3 or any thing before mk2.

Future reference you are on a locked boot loader. U cannot flash a custom recovery or use anything other than stock kernel.

Look into safe strap If you get your phone working again

Last edited:

kruuth

Oct 23, 2010
D'oh. You're correct. Thanks.

First you didn't go down. You went up to mk2. And you need to Odin the mk2 stock tar. The boot loader will block you from trying to Odin mf3 or any thing before mk2.

Future reference you are on a locked boot loader. U cannot flash a custom recovery or use anything other than stock kernel.

Look into safe strap If you get your phone working again

Top Liked Posts