Originally Posted by CSouthwick
I'm having a little truobe. Tried ACME5 and bout it just reboots back to recovery. Any ideas?
That's the exact problem I had before. The latest CM11 (I am using milaq's) can NOT be installed by ACME5. You have to use recovery manager to install it. Since you already have the recovery manager installed, now you just need to load the CM11 and gapps zip files to a location where the recovery manager can access.
It sounds easy but it is not. CWM cannot access the WebOS cm_install/ folder. I had to use adb sideload to load those files. So you have to install the lastest Android SDK on your PC since old adb may not support sideload. Windows 7 does not have the driver for touchpad either. So you have to manually install the driver from the SDK too. But once you go through all of these, everything should work, and you do not have to do that again.
Here are my steps,
1. Run acmeuninstaller2. The touchpad should have WebOS only. No Android partition should be left.
2. Create cm_install folder and only copy moboot and CWM to it. No point to copy CM11 rom since it will fail in step 3 anyway.
3. Run ACME5. It will install moboot and CWM only.
4. Boot touchpad back to WebOS. Run tailor to resize patitions.
5. Boot touchpad to CWM
6. Connect USB cable.
7. If your PC does not have the latest Android SDK or cannot find the driver for touchpad, install Android SDK now.
8. On touchpad, select "adb sideload"
9. On PC, run "adb sideload cm11" and "adb sideload gapp"
10. Reboot touchpad. Now you should have cm11 installed.
11. If desire, change the default boot to cm11 by creating/editing moboot.default file.