[ROM] [NAE] Repacked ROM

Search This thread

conflikt

Sep 11, 2007
installed but no data and wifi is broken. Also the phone dialer when calling voice mail does not make any keytones, Could anyone link me to the wifi fix?

Last edited:
Last edited:

Warboy

Jan 25, 2008
Kansas City, MO
Guess what the "NAE Patch for STRICTLY My MK2 Stock ROM" is just the file for the OTA 4.4.2. update which gives you KNOX. You could have at least warned people. Your first ROM was suppose to be DeKnoxed. Your passing off files that can be downloaded fromhttp://android.clients.google.com/p...CSB_user_RP_to_NAE_CSB_user_RP_Update_FWD.zip. It's not some patch you made.

Excuse me, The files are different, The Knox bootloader has been removed, the radios have been removed. Please review the files within it before you make such as claim. Just because I kept the zip name means nothing.

The stock MK2 zip failed during flash. Got a set_perm: some changes failed error + a Status 7 error. Used the latest Philz recovery.

Like I said You have to use Philz 6.08, Not 6.12 or 6.15

Last edited:
Reactions: CNexus and Rydah

eskomo

May 13, 2008
Michigan
I'm not sure this guy knows what he is doing. Is this your first rom? You should take this out of public release and keep it private volunteer testing to get it working. Too many people could mess up their phones when the dev doesn't know what they are doing.

Reactions: asafegous

Gabewithkungfugrip

Feb 11, 2010
Last edited:

runwithme

Dec 9, 2013
It should be mentioned that it appears this rom was not created from the US sprint model. It says it's the international model GT-19505.

WOOPS.... :(

I was working on getting 4.4.2 over to the Sprint S4 and I was eager to get back to it to see if I could help, and, when I came back to it, I forgot the base was for the international version.. I'm going to work on this as a separate development because it is a different project.

I'm sorry for any confusion I caused anyone but I'll try my best to make up for it :)

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
I'm not sure this guy knows what he is doing. Is this your first rom? You should take this out of public release and keep it private volunteer testing to get it working. Too many people could mess up their phones when the dev doesn't know what they are doing.

So because Samsung decides to implement new security that makes it harder and harder to boot roms without the newest and complete firmware, that means someone doesn't know what they're doing?

I would advise against making such rude comments in a publicly viewable forum. PM or simply informing yourself of all the facts involved are two more optimal routes you could have taken.

FYI, a rom not booting IS NOT equal to a phone not working. This is not p->q; one does not imply the other.

Majin101

May 8, 2010
Lol that guy is just trolling on every thread.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the NAE Repacked ROM
    ONLY TESTED WITH Philz Recovery

About the ROM

Basically Stock
    DeKnoxed
    Rooted
    Odexed

Downloads

NAE ROM Flashable - Mediafire [Broken]

MK2 Stock ROM Flashable - Mediafire
    NAE Patch for STRICTLY My MK2 Stock ROM - Mediafire
    Then after you flash those 2, You can deknox it and root it.

ROM requires a Wifi fix if you are not running the newest modem. Don't ask me for it.

OP, could you provide the md5 for the download? It'll put my mind to rest before trying the flash. :)

Yea, give me a few. I'm going to try to rebuild the rom. But everyone YES the kernel is there. It might just be a script issue.
    It should work, I'll take a look later at it. Paging @CNexus
    Try deleting these files to get it booting for others:

system/etc/recovery-resource.dat
    system/etc/boot_fixup
    system/etc/selinux_restore (<-- not sure about this filename, might be a little different)
    Use philz 6.08

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thats the Philz I originally used, But testing anything newer for Philz leads me to believe he has changed alot with the updater script requirements. Still working on fixing this. There was a reason why it was called _test0. lol.
    Try deleting these files to get it booting for others:

system/etc/recovery-resource.dat
    system/etc/boot_fixup
    system/etc/selinux_restore (<-- not sure about this filename, might be a little different)

I've got the recovery-resource, but not the other two.

I'm working on this also, I'll let everyone know if I come up with something. My first line of business after we get this to flash is to deodex it...