[Q]Folder password protect app?

Search This thread

Apo11on

Sep 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
I've been looking for a while for an app, which can lock folders with password, like Folder Guard does on Windows. No luck after many hours of searching, so I thought I'd ask here.

Note that I'm looking for protecting folders with password functionality only. PLEASE do *NOT* suggest apps that:
- Lock apps, files, pictures or videos
- Hide folders or certain types of files

Folder should be visible via any file browser, but access to it should be denied. User would be required to input password to access it. There are *many* similar functionality apps, which do things I marked in red - that's not what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
If you're rooted why not just change folder permissions? - block all entries, then change the perms back when you need to enter the folder.

Apo11on

Sep 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
If you're rooted why not just change folder permissions? - block all entries, then change the perms back when you need to enter the folder.

Because not only it's very cumbersome, having to do that many times a day back and forth for several folders, but also kind of pointless because anyone who tries to access those folders will be able to add those permissions back, just like I would. The app I'm looking for would require a password for those folders, password to run the app and change settings, and password would also be required for uninstalling it. That's how it's done on other OS.