carliv's recovery in Lenovo A269i

Search This thread

johnny523

Feb 15, 2014
Hello everyone, I don't know if I am posting in the right section, if not, please help me in finding the right one.

Can anyone please direct me where I can download the factory ROM for Lenovo model A269i. MtkDT accidentally got deleted with backup of the ROM. Now the phone is stuck on the Lenovo logo when I was trying to root the phone. Sorry for my bad English.

Edit:
I have booted successfully the phone and installed carliv's recovery but the recovery doesn't open system, data and cache partitions.

Last edited:
Reactions: nguyen thai ha

johnny523

Feb 15, 2014
Carliv touch recovery

I have been able to port Carliv touch recovery to Lenovo A269i, but can't test it as my phone was soft bricked. recovery can't mount /system. From all the researches I have made, I need factory rom for the phone to be able to recreate the partitions and to test the recovery.
All credits goes to Carliv for this successful porting of recovery to the device. I can't post in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1825722 as I have fewer than 10 posts.

johnny523

Feb 15, 2014
Carliv recovery

Hi I have been able to successfully booted the phone in android 2.3.6. Already rooted it and installed carliv's recovery which I modified, but the recovery cannot mount /cache, /system and /data but in root explorer and adb, /system, /cache and /data opens normally.

Reactions: Karn Jaiswal

johnny523

Feb 15, 2014
Hi I have been able to successfully booted the phone in android 2.3.6. Already rooted it and installed carliv's recovery which I modified, but the recovery cannot mount /cache, /system and /data but in root explorer and adb, /system, /cache and /data opens normally.

Successfully ported the recovery. it can mount system, data and cache. Thanks...

Last edited:

johnny523

Feb 15, 2014
Hello
I have the same problem with a269i.
it stuck on logo
could you please make carliv's recovery and send it to me or put a link?

maybe you have already installed android 4 on it?

please help ...

first you'll have to get factory rom for the phone from http://www.needrom.com/mobile/lenovo-a269i/ then flash with sp flash tool to recover your phone. when you revived your phone, i'll try to upload the recovery for you to flash.

johnny523

Feb 15, 2014
error status 0

I am getting error status 0 when trying to install a cwm zip in this phone. Help needed to get the mount points for ubifs mtk devices

johnny523

Feb 15, 2014
error in carliv's recovery

Well I checked the log for recovery and found out that it boots in recovery with errors. I get the following errors:

can't open /dev/tty0: no such file or directory
w: unable to get recovery.fstab info for /datadata during fstab generation!
w: unable to get recovery.fstab info for /emmc during fstab generation!
w: unable to get recovery.fstab info for /external_sd during fstab generation!

and a bunch of other errors. I have tried to rebuild the recovery several times with same errors

firoz_95

Sep 1, 2012
Mumbai
help

Hey I just got this phone...and i wanted to know how to root it..can you please walk me through the procedure of rooting...and possibly if there is any ROM for this phone..i would love to know about it...im an avid flasher and really need root to get work done on such budget phones...will be happy and appreciative of any assistance.! :)

johnny523

Feb 15, 2014
Hey I just got this phone...and i wanted to know how to root it..can you please walk me through the procedure of rooting...and possibly if there is any ROM for this phone..i would love to know about it...im an avid flasher and really need root to get work done on such budget phones...will be happy and appreciative of any assistance.! :)

sorry for late reply, I was very busy.
First of all, you WILL HAVE TO BACKUP your rom with the latest MTKdroid tools (v2.5.3 can backup the phone)
Secondly use framaroot to root your phone.
then use carliv recovery to create a custom recovery.

Again, Do NOT FORGET TO CREATE A BACKUP OF YOUR WORKING FACTORY ROM OR YOU WILL REGRET IT WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG. If mtkdroid tools takes very little time, it may mean that it hasn't backed up your rom.

Well, use google to find the tools mentioned above.

Sashuu6

Apr 3, 2014
hi i just got my 269i,and i rooted it however i would like to install a custom recovery for functions like NANDroid backup/restore and for flashing custom roms. I have tried rom manager but my phone isn't supported. You said you have a custom recovery installed(carlivs touch recovery). I would like to know how you did this(step by step process) and download links to the recovery image file you used if possible

comzipper

Jun 21, 2014
help

same problem. please help resolve the issue. already using the stock rom from needrom remain only until the boot logo. can give help address the link or the devloper who can overcome it.

thank for all

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

LA269i

Dec 5, 2014
CWM Recovery for Lenovo A269i

I have been able to port Carliv touch recovery to Lenovo A269i, but can't test it as my phone was soft bricked. recovery can't mount /system. From all the researches I have made, I need factory rom for the phone to be able to recreate the partitions and to test the recovery.
All credits goes to Carliv for this successful porting of recovery to the device. I can't post in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1825722 as I have fewer than 10 posts.

I have a Lenovo A269i and I wanted a CWM Recovery for it. Do you know where could I get it. I am new to this forum

Karn Jaiswal

Apr 23, 2016
Can you plzzzzz give me the custom recovery.IMG I want to flash it in my Lenovo a269i without pc

RandomDelta

Jan 21, 2019
someone link me to carliv recovery for the a269i and the procedure to flash it?

There is a lollipop ROM fir this device roaming on the web. Is it fake? It probably is.

This is a pretty old phone by now, anyone figured any diy uses for it? Any custom software/ROM/mod?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, I don't know if I am posting in the right section, if not, please help me in finding the right one.

Can anyone please direct me where I can download the factory ROM for Lenovo model A269i. MtkDT accidentally got deleted with backup of the ROM. Now the phone is stuck on the Lenovo logo when I was trying to root the phone. Sorry for my bad English.

Edit:
    I have booted successfully the phone and installed carliv's recovery but the recovery doesn't open system, data and cache partitions.
    Carliv recovery