Samsung ATIV S can't detect any sim

Search This thread

mughal90

Jul 25, 2009
HI guys,

I bought an ATIV S in Malaysia running on stock rom and not bound to any carrier. Changed the CSC to ATO and updated to GDR3. Used the phone for few days and then sent it to my brother in another country with a different time zone. When he tired to put his sim the phone can't detect it.....sim card missing. He tried multiple sims but all not detected.

I am confused as what could be the reason since it was working fine in Malaysia. What shall i do ?

error0x0000034

Dec 28, 2013
wparea.de
HI guys,

I bought an ATIV S in Malaysia running on stock rom and not bound to any carrier. Changed the CSC to ATO and updated to GDR3. Used the phone for few days and then sent it to my brother in another country with a different time zone. When he tired to put his sim the phone can't detect it.....sim card missing. He tried multiple sims but all not detected.

I am confused as what could be the reason since it was working fine in Malaysia. What shall i do ?

First of all, this is the Developement & Hacking section. This question belongs to the Q & A forum, where it will be answered. Please only post relevant threds in Developement & Hacking.

To answer your question:
Has he tried a hardreset? Maybe this is a bug related to the change of the CSC.
Are you sure that the phone was not damaged in any way while sending it to your brother? Let him take a look at the SIM-tray and see if a pin is missing, broken or whatever. This happened to a friend's phone just recently.
If nothing works, try to flash another ROM. If this doesn't fix your issue, it is most probably a hardware defect.

mughal90

Jul 25, 2009
Sorry for posting in wrong section, guess i was in a hurry n didnt realize dat. Btw d problem has been identified n it turns out dat d sims from local carriers r different n d chip does not really come in contact with d pins due to different dimensions. In pic top 1 doesnt work while bottom one works.

y7uhepa8.jpg

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Last edited: