Where's the root? :)

Search This thread

leatherneck6017

Oct 22, 2010
Portland, OR
Anyone know if the stock firmware is available to download? If so I can root it for you guys tonight. Let me know on Google+ as I don't check XDA much any more.

Ok I am going to need testers for this tonight when I get done as I do not have the device. I have rooted other devices before (Google Jamison904 root if you need to.) So with that in mind if you plan on helping test please download the stock firmware to recovery just in case. Here is one of them - http://terafile.co/910f49cf635c/T320UEU1ANAI_T320XAR1ANAI_XAR.zip

Can anyone provide a mirror of that ZIP? I've been downloading for 3 hours now...says 4 hours left, grrr.

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
If someone roots and is able to use adb, can you run:

adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.dd"

and then

adb pull /sdcard/boot.dd

and send me a link to the boot.dd file that it saves on your computer?

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
might need some instructions on what to have and what to do with the tool. been a long time since I used odin to root lol

Sudbury78

Jan 1, 2013
So we are rooted? Can someone kindly please post instructions or video for the newbs?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

blulite

Aug 28, 2010
So we are rooted? Can someone kindly please post instructions or video for the newbs?

1. Make sure you have USB drivers on your PC and that device is found when plugged into USB.
  2. Download CF-Auto-Root-mondrianwifi-mondrianwifixx-smt320.zip from this_link
  3. Extract files, and run Odin3-v1.85 which is included in the ZIP file.
  4. Reboot tablet into Download mode by holding VOL-DOWN and HOME button during reboot
  5. Wait for the "Warning!!!" screen, then hit VOL-UP to "CONTINUE"
  6. Select PDA button in Odin, and select file "CF-Auto-Root-mondrianwifi-mondrianwifixx-smt320.tar.md5" from the ZIP file.
  7. Hit Start button.
  8. Thank Chainfire and Donate a little his way
  9. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Sudbury78

Jan 1, 2013
Blu. Have you tried removing bloat and see a better performance ?

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
Blu. Have you tried removing bloat and see a better performance ?

I froze a bunch of stuff and greenified almost everything. Not too much of a difference. About a half gig free of ram so not much there. Im using google now launcher which flies. Notification window pulldown is smother and faster. Until someone posts a list of what can be frozen or posts a custom rom without the magazine launcher at all who knows where ram is going. Im just satisfied to be able to backup my apps. I also installdd the xposed module but have only tested greenify thus far.
Advance power menu will not work. Puts you in a semi bootloop but can be uninstalled

Last edited:

nrage23

I have contacted bigbiff to try and get TWRP for the 8.4. I helped him get it working on the Note 10.1 2014. I sent him the boot and recovery so hopefully we can have a recovery soon. I am trying to build CWM touch right now also.

Anybody know how to create a Odin flashable .tar file for this device. I have a recovery built from CWM online. PM me and I will send you the recovery.

Update: I tried the recovery that I built online and it did not work.

Last edited:
Reactions: donharden2002

ilatimer1

Jan 29, 2014
  1. Make sure you have USB drivers on your PC and that device is found when plugged into USB.
  4. Reboot tablet into Download mode by holding VOL-DOWN and HOME button during reboot
  6. Select PDA button in Odin, and select file "CF-Auto-Root-mondrianwifi-mondrianwifixx-smt320.tar.md5" from the ZIP file.
  7. Hit Start button.
  9. Enjoy.

Ok, I have to ask the obvious question. Does this trip the knox counter?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, the good news is that the 8.4 is rootable. The bad news is that I don't dare release it since it's probably as likely to root your device as it is to catch it on fire.

This will trigger the Knox flag, so if you don't want to do that, don't even think of trying this...

After initially trying to shove the bits into system.img.ext4 by hand from a stock tar(which never quite worked) I finally ended up extracting the stock recovery.img from the same tarball. Adding the cfautoroot bits from hlte-hltex-smn9005 recovery.img since it's also 4.4 (and similarly copying the cfroot to the stock cache.img.ext4) and rebooting into recovery. Once the stars aligned and I found a program that properly wrote out the recovery.img everything worked perfectly. Then, from paranoia, I re-flashed the stock recovery and cache since I don't think I did the right things for cfautoroot to clean up after itself.

However, since it took me probably 8 hours to get to this point, I expect someone like Chainfire to take about 8 minutes.

7. Hit Start button.
    9. Enjoy.
    Anyone know if the stock firmware is available to download? If so I can root it for you guys tonight. Let me know on Google+ as I don't check XDA much any more.

Ok I am going to need testers for this tonight when I get done as I do not have the device. I have rooted other devices before (Google Jamison904 root if you need to.) So with that in mind if you plan on helping test please download the stock firmware to recovery just in case. Here is one of them - http://terafile.co/910f49cf635c/T320UEU1ANAI_T320XAR1ANAI_XAR.zip
    [/COLOR]Oops... Duh. Just saw he already posted it! Anyway, I know him from the S3 and S4 development and he rocks!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    We have root

Just rooted my 8.4 Tab Pro

CF-Auto-Root