20th February 2014, 12:15 PM |#121  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,554

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeplex

I tried this ROM on my p765 but after selecting apps from aroma installer, everytime I get error and installation gets aborted, then for testing purpose i ported this rom to p765 using mateos 10.2 build as base without aroma installer and everything is good flashed fine with no error no lag no fc super smooth rom I'm using cwm touch 6 recovery Cause it won't work with recovery made for cm11... I'm just facing camera problem it hangs everytime I opens it and also no other camera app is working other then that everythings fine...

First.. this is cm10.2, not cm11, so of course the cm11 recovery won't flash it. You have to use an older recovery to flash it, TWRP Recovery does a good job at flashing it.

I'm pretty sure p765 users have to flash a camera patch to get p760 ROMs working with camera, I just don't remember where I saw the link or post related to that, but I know I've seen it before.

The ROM should flash without an issue and shouldn't have any problems besides the camera from what I understand, you are using a ROM that isn't meant for your device and you are the only one experiencing this specific issue. I didn't change much from the base ROM. I don't own a p760 or p765 so I can't say for sure if it was a bad download or not but it's working fine for other p760 users so either it was a bad flash that made problems arise in the first place for your p765 or the Aroma Installer isn't going nicely with your device. Also, it's been stated, on the OP, that this ROM was specifically for p769 & p760 only, on other devices like the p765 I can't confirm if there's any issues. You're the only one who seems to have any issues so far, even with mateo's ROM as a base. All I can do is push out builds as I work on them. I don't own any of those devices, I simply made the ROM upon the request of users who own the p760/p765 and I'm not taking this criticism very lightly right now.. I did a favor, cut me some slack.. chill out..

For p760 it's basically mateo's cm10.2 with the same things I added from the cm10.2 I built from source for p769 to make it work the same.

Look.. for future reference, before you complain about the build I posted for p760 remember, I didn't make a build specifically for your device, I didn't have the time to make it for every variant of the L9. I apologize if I didn't make a build for your device specifically, but that's not my obligation. You're like the only person complaining right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to leolawliet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leolawliet Ad-Free

20th February 2014, 12:22 PM |#122  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York, NY

Donate to Me
More
The OP states I only made the ROM for p769 & p760, now if I wasn't a nice guy I would've just said "what are you doing here when you don't have either of these devices" or something like that, instead I gave a detailed response. Please, PM me if you continue to experience problems, I'd be happy to help but it's not an obligation. Just keep that in mind, I have a lot of things to take care of with my own personal life at this very moment, please understand that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leolawliet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leolawliet Ad-Free
20th February 2014, 07:04 PM |#123  
Flag Into the Wild.....
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leolawliet

First.. this is cm10.2, not cm11, so of course the cm11 recovery won't flash it. You have to use an older recovery to flash it, TWRP Recovery does a good job at flashing it.

I'm pretty sure p765 users have to flash a camera patch to get p760 ROMs working with camera, I just don't remember where I saw the link or post related to that, but I know I've seen it before.

The ROM should flash without an issue and shouldn't have any problems besides the camera from what I understand, you are using a ROM that isn't meant for your device and you are the only one experiencing this specific issue. I didn't change much from the base ROM. I don't own a p760 or p765 so I can't say for sure if it was a bad download or not but it's working fine for other p760 users so either it was a bad flash that made problems arise in the first place for your p765 or the Aroma Installer isn't going nicely with your device. Also, it's been stated, on the OP, that this ROM was specifically for p769 & p760 only, on other devices like the p765 I can't confirm if there's any issues. You're the only one who seems to have any issues so far, even with mateo's ROM as a base. All I can do is push out builds as I work on them. I don't own any of those devices, I simply made the ROM upon the request of users who own the p760/p765 and I'm not taking this criticism very lightly right now.. I did a favor, cut me some slack.. chill out..

For p760 it's basically mateo's cm10.2 with the same things I added from the cm10.2 I built from source for p769 to make it work the same.

Look.. for future reference, before you complain about the build I posted for p760 remember, I didn't make a build specifically for your device, I didn't have the time to make it for every variant of the L9. I apologize if I didn't make a build for your device specifically, but that's not my obligation. You're like the only person complaining right now.

First of all i'm not complaining you buddy...... i'm just telling my experience with rom, your rom is the smoothest one I've ever used, great work Sir,
and i'm sorry if you feel this way that i'm criticizing or complaining,,,but really im not cause im not that kind of so you cut me some slack and chill.Out... Don't get carried away in emotions and enjoy..your life..

FYI p760 and p765 are exact same devices in every way just with one difference of NFC, thats why every p760 rom works flawlessly on p765.... you just need to delete nfc related files.

sorry to say but you need to watch your mouth before saying anything to anyone.....

for the future you'll not be receiving any comments from me because how much good ROM is yours but still i'm not going to use it anyway....you are a great developer but you don't know how to respect...Sorry buddy..... Once again Great Rom....Sir...and sorry from my side... that i used your rom...
20th February 2014, 08:44 PM |#124  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeplex

First of all i'm not complaining you buddy...... i'm just telling my experience with rom, your rom is the smoothest one I've ever used, great work Sir,
and i'm sorry if you feel this way that i'm criticizing or complaining,,,but really im not cause im not that kind of so you cut me some slack and chill.Out... Don't get carried away in emotions and enjoy..your life..

FYI p760 and p765 are exact same devices in every way just with one difference of NFC, thats why every p760 rom works flawlessly on p765.... you just need to delete nfc related files.

sorry to say but you need to watch your mouth before saying anything to anyone.....

for the future you'll not be receiving any comments from me because how much good ROM is yours but still i'm not going to use it anyway....you are a great developer but you don't know how to respect...Sorry buddy..... Once again Great Rom....Sir...and sorry from my side... that i used your rom...

I'm sorry if I came off as rude, that wasn't my intention at all. It really seemed like you were complaining, you brought it up a couple of times not just once. When I don't own a device of course I'm not gonna have all the answers and I'm not gonna be able to test it myself, that's a wee bit stressful so please take that into consideration. Other than that, I'm not taking anything out on you, I'm chill. Believe me, you'll know when I'm not in a good mood, it shows lol.. I once got told my tweaks were bull**** and had to prove this person wrong, he could've dropped the subject but led to an ongoing argument on one of my threads that had to be broken up by an admin. I spoke one-on-one with that user via PM and got an apology from that user after we sorted stuff out. I work hard and test out my stuff thoroughly, I do all of this as a hobby and am always happy to share my findings with others.

I thank you for letting me know of your experience with the ROM and I really am happy it's performing well for your device. If you tell me more about the p765 that sets it apart from the p760 or provide a base, I'd build it just not sure when I'll be done with it. I'd be able to work on p765 ROMs if I knew a bit more about the device or was given a base ROM to work with that you find suitable.

Again I apologize, didn't mean to come off as rude.
20th February 2014, 09:30 PM |#125  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 554

Donate to Me
More
Hey op, as codeplex mentioned earlier there is actually no difference in p765 and p760, they are same in every aspect other then nfc. So there is actually no rom specific for p765 which u can use as a base and the camera patch u told about is for p768. And an AMAZING ROM my man. :thumbup:
20th February 2014, 09:44 PM |#126  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YashdSaraf

Hey op, as codeplex mentioned earlier there is actually no difference in p765 and p760, they are same in every aspect other then nfc. So there is actually no rom specific for p765 which u can use as a base and the camera patch u told about is for p768. And an AMAZING ROM my man. :thumbup:

Then the camera should be working

Thank you for correcting me, my bad lol

I can make a p765 build, I'll change what needs to be changed. PM me, I'd appreciate the help if I can push out a p765 build so everything is corrected.

If anything I might try another Aroma Installer base that would just be for either of the two, but discuss in PM and I'll tell you what I have planned. You mind testing for me?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2
21st February 2014, 07:44 AM |#127  
Flag Into the Wild.....
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leolawliet

I'm sorry if I came off as rude, that wasn't my intention at all. It really seemed like you were complaining, you brought it up a couple of times not just once. When I don't own a device of course I'm not gonna have all the answers and I'm not gonna be able to test it myself, that's a wee bit stressful so please take that into consideration. Other than that, I'm not taking anything out on you, I'm chill. Believe me, you'll know when I'm not in a good mood, it shows lol.. I once got told my tweaks were bull**** and had to prove this person wrong, he could've dropped the subject but led to an ongoing argument on one of my threads that had to be broken up by an admin. I spoke one-on-one with that user via PM and got an apology from that user after we sorted stuff out. I work hard and test out my stuff thoroughly, I do all of this as a hobby and am always happy to share my findings with others.

I thank you for letting me know of your experience with the ROM and I really am happy it's performing well for your device. If you tell me more about the p765 that sets it apart from the p760 or provide a base, I'd build it just not sure when I'll be done with it. I'd be able to work on p765 ROMs if I knew a bit more about the device or was given a base ROM to work with that you find suitable.

Again I apologize, didn't mean to come off as rude.

Hey buddy don't worry it's all good trust me I'm really not complaining about your Rom, you don't have to proove anything to anyone take my words you really are a great developer after using your rom I really felt this way, your Rom is not only the smoothest one but it really increases the handset life because of the memory management technique you used in your Rom it's really light on the hardware that's what increases the hardware life, camera is not an issue for me, I can look into that I knew how to build a Rom and do fun stuff with it but i don't have a proper system with me see im here to be with you great great guys great developer to learn something from them I really respect you all.......

Once again great work..
The Following User Says Thank You to Codeplex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codeplex Ad-Free
21st February 2014, 08:23 PM |#128  
Flag Columbus Ohio
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianJenner

ExperiencedKernel universal_V4 zip: http://d-h.st/FO4
If you have problems with battery drain flash this V3 version: http://d-h.st/neR
CPU OC modules: http://d-h.st/dW5

Original Source

But I call your attention: I think this ROM is not work with V4.........V3 only....at least for me it did not work in LGP760.

v4 didn't work with me, but i'm on l769. I doesn't boot past splash screen
21st February 2014, 08:55 PM |#129  
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragid10

v4 didn't work with me, but i'm on l769. I doesn't boot past splash screen

Did you wait 5 minutes? That's how long it took at first for me.

Sent from my LG-P760 using Tapatalk
21st February 2014, 09:21 PM |#130  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York, NY

Donate to Me
More
I tried before, experienced kernel doesn't work on p769

Sent from my LG my touch 4G running PenberRom2 using Tapatalk
21st February 2014, 10:38 PM |#131  
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 1,465

More
Experienced v4 make kernel panic again and again. If I wainting enough time, then boot is OK, but made kernel panic in use...

Only Exprienced v3 works with every CM ROM.

But in my opinion CMX doesnt need other kernel...just own.

Sent by my imprisoned LG Optimus L9 (P760) on BeanStalk 4.4.247 with Tapatalk 4.3.0 from deadly, suffering Hungary
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)