22nd February 2014, 12:15 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon

Well, TIL then.

I'm learning every day... sometimes the hard way.

Traditionally European TV sets have been more forgiving than their US counterparts, accepting NTSC "nudged" into PAL-60 or NTSC 4.43 in the analog realm.

While the transition to HD did unify the display resolutions and pixel aspect ratios (everything's square, yay!), the differences in refresh/sampling rates remained.

One day my friend, one day... everything will be 600 Hz or better so 24, 25, 30, 50 and 60 fps content will all be supported and play without judder or needing interpolation.

So back to the topic at hand, it's possible the OP's TV doesn't know what to do with a 30/60 Hz input from Chromecast, though that would be quite silly of LG to impose such a restriction. Still, silly happens more often than you think for all kinds of reasons (gray market sales due to varying exchange rates and import/export laws often is a concern, as we burden on regional support that got no revenue from the foreign sale).
TBH, I don't know for certain whether Chromecast is capable of 25/50 Hz output, it might be. But being that Google isn't selling it outside of US/Canada yet, I doubt they've tested it.

>> Anybody in Europe, can you confirm me whether Chromecast outputs 720/50p, 1080/50i or 1080/50p to your TV? <<
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhiga Ad-Free
22nd February 2014, 11:15 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393067713842.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	2593929  
The Following User Says Thank You to kDnZP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kDnZP Ad-Free
22nd February 2014, 04:06 PM |#13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you for all your replies,

For what I know, my TV accept NTSC but I'm not 100% sure. I am from South America by the way, in theory electronics here are NTSC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kDnZP

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

That TV in the picture you posted is very similar to the one I have. Did you have any problem using the chromecast device?
22nd February 2014, 04:58 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1,279

More
The link I gave was from the Eastern Mediterranean, I was more curious about verifying your resolution at the time. There's a 60/120 Hz (NTSC) version of your set, same model number, popular in several South American countries.

I apologize for adding the confusion.
22nd February 2014, 05:46 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santi.marro

That TV in the picture you posted is very similar to the one I have. Did you have any problem using the chromecast device?

I have not any problem with LG 26LE3300 (1366x768 native resolution).
22nd February 2014, 10:47 PM |#16  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santi.marro

Thank you for all your replies,

For what I know, my TV accept NTSC but I'm not 100% sure. I am from South America by the way, in theory electronics here are NTSC.

Hmm, should work.

Worst-case, since you have other displays that Chromecast does display properly on, you could try this: (it worked on 13300, haven't had need or opportunity to try it on 14975 or 15250)
  1. Locate working monitor and LG TV in close proximity
  2. Connect Chromecast to working monitor and wall power
  3. Once Chromecast is booted, unplug Chromecast from monitor only
  4. Plug Chromecast into LG TV

Likely this will not survive a Chromecast reboot though...
25th February 2014, 09:04 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I've got a Sanyo DP50740, and my Chromecast is now showing this same behavior. It used to work fine, but I think that the update to firmware 15250 broke something with hdcp in some TV's.

I filed a bug with Google, but the end result was that the google helpdesk can't tell what was updated in the latest build.

I suggest you file a similar bug with Google, so that they see that this is happening with multple TV models.

Until they fix this I'm stuck with a paperweight.

25th February 2014, 10:53 PM |#18  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMartin

Until they fix this I'm stuck with a paperweight.

It won't sync up even if you hot-plug Chromecast HDMI after it's already booted?
26th February 2014, 01:06 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

It won't sync up even if you hot-plug Chromecast HDMI after it's already booted?

Nope, tried that. The only thing I haven't tried is to boot up plugged into another device then plug in. Don't have any portable monitors with hdmi input. It might be that they fixed this glitch in the latest firmware.

This is the annoyance of allowing google to update firmware at will. They can break your device, and there's then nothing you can do except wait for the next release. That's why I encourage the original poster to file a bug with them. That's their only window into what's happening.
26th February 2014, 02:23 PM |#20  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMartin

Nope, tried that. The only thing I haven't tried is to boot up plugged into another device then plug in.
They can break your device, and there's then nothing you can do except wait for the next release. That's why I encourage the original poster to file a bug with them. That's their only window into what's happening.

The no HDMI and different HDMI scenarios should be different, they have been in my case at least, but understand not having a practical means to try.

Agree. That's the danger of forced updates.

Sent from a device with no keyboard. Please forgive typos, they may not be my own.
4th March 2014, 05:42 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Having the same here after the 15250 update, (I am using a digital to analog converter device with VGA and 3.5mm plug outputs) at first I thought that I did something wrong before rebooting, but it used to work on 1680x1050 and after reboot it went blank on me, I can see the splash screen on boot, then blank, I can connect to the Web and I see it online, but my monitor is reporting it is on 1920x1080 resolution and asking me to switch back. I even tried manually flashing the 15250 eureka_image.zip file again from the recovery, but I still get blank screen.

I will manually flash the 14975.002 back and let you guys know how it went...

Thanks!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)