For those that are using other device and not Samsung Devices....
OK I was able to get this working and I will try my best to explain it for everyone so you can understand:
- Uninstall any versions of ATNManger you already have installed
- Install ATN Manager 1.2.2 on your "Phone" (In my case, Nexus 5), apk HERE
- Install the "Watch.apk" inside ATN Manager 18.104.22.168_pre.apk on your "Galaxy Gear", apk HERE
- Go to settings on your "Phone" and find security, inside there find "Notification Access" make sure ATN Manager is checked
- Open ATN Manager on you "Phone" and check all apps that you want to get notifications from (example: Gmail, Hangouts, Google+, Facebook)
- You should now get notifications on all of your apps that you checked, my wife even gets them for all her games.
Too bad it only lets you know you got a message and then you have to go to phone to see it, but you still get the notification if say your phone is on silent. Would be great if we could make this work from Nexus 5 through GearManager as it is better but no luck there for me.
Also while I am at it, here is how to get the WatchStyler app working so you can change your watch faces:
- Open GearManager on your "Phone"
- Connect to your Galaxy Gear
- Click on Clocks to see the list of clocks
- With Clocks open hit your home button to minimize Gear Manager
- Install latest WatchStyler app (1.1.00) from HERE
- Open WatchStyler app
- Now open GearManager (that is still running) and you will then see the WatchStyler option, choose it
- Make a new watch face in WatchStyler and then open GearManager
- Choose the Gear next to WatchStyler and choose the watch face you just made and choose apply
- You should now see your new watch face on your Galaxy Gear
Hope this helps everyone.