xposed installer/wanam work

Search This thread

callif

Aug 25, 2010
So far, I have enabled 4 way reboot. everything seems to be fine so far. I'm on the supplied stock rom. Taking this slowly as I do not want to encounter something I can't repair. As knox is tripped, you know the rest...

also I have reduced dpi to 300 from standard 320. Will try 280

Charlie

update, 280 seems fine as well...

obviously root is needed

Last edited:
Reactions: Rusty-Island

Buji

Jan 9, 2007
Reducing the dpi scales the fonts and other ui elements down, right? Could you show a screen shot?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

callif

Aug 25, 2010
Reducing the dpi scales the fonts and other ui elements down, right? Could you show a screen shot?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It does. However, you need to be careful as to how low (small) you want things to be. Proceed slowly and reboot frequently, as this is a new devise and we do not know the limits of the os. If you crash it, your only recourse will be odin; and sometimes it doesn't work

Can't post a screen shot now as I'm preparing for tomorrow's classes...When I get a chance, I will though

Charlie

PS

What do you want to see in action?

Last edited:

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL
It does. However, you need to be careful as to how low (small) you want things to be. Proceed slowly and reboot frequently, as this is a new devise and we do not know the limits of the os. If you crash it, your only recourse will be odin; and sometimes it doesn't work

Can't post a screen shot now as I'm preparing for tomorrow's classes...When I get a chance, I will though

Charlie

PS

What do you want to see in action?

What is the default dpi that it comes with?

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've been trying to customize the quick settings section of the notification shade using wanam but haven't had luck getting all components to change colors. The light background of the volume control seems to be tied to a variable not in the theme section as is the green indicators (the color I hate most on the quick settings tiles).

Android.Ninja

Jan 3, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
270 DPI is an excellent resolution. See mine below. PLENTY of real estate on that screen now! Oh yeah. And still got room for more.
A good app that I've tested and used is: jrummy app called "ROM toolbox Pro" however only for changing the DPI. Usually I just edit the build.prop file as well too. Xposed installer using the module "App settings" works perfectly to do this.
Here's the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolboxpro

hu2ehaby.jpg

9equ6are.jpg

etyva4a2.jpg

Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button. ;)

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Not sure whether or not to start a new thread so I'll post an update here.

This is a short list of Xposed Framework modules that I'm currently running on my Note Pro in addition to Wanam.

Activity Force New Task
App Settings
Boot Manager
CrappaLinks
Custom Share
Disable Clear Defaults Diallog
Disable Location Consent
Enable BatteryStats Permission
Gesture Navigation
Greenify
MinMinGuard
Sansung Alt Symbols
Tinted Status Bar
Xposed Recent Tasks Ram
Youtube Adaway

Really love having Xposed on this thing.

fokus

Oct 17, 2007
Rheine - Germany
fokus.net
270 DPI is an excellent resolution. See mine below. PLENTY of real estate on that screen now! Oh yeah. And still got room for more.
A good app that I've tested and used is: jrummy app called "ROM toolbox Pro" however only for changing the DPI. Usually I just edit the build.prop file as well too. Xposed installer using the module "App settings" works perfectly to do this.
Here's the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolboxpro

hu2ehaby.jpg

9equ6are.jpg

etyva4a2.jpg

Hi, where do I find the setting for dpi in toolbox?
THX

raybit10

Jun 10, 2014
I think you should open a new thread :)

Not sure whether or not to start a new thread so I'll post an update here.

This is a short list of Xposed Framework modules that I'm currently running on my Note Pro in addition to Wanam.

Activity Force New Task
App Settings
Boot Manager
CrappaLinks
Custom Share
Disable Clear Defaults Diallog
Disable Location Consent
Enable BatteryStats Permission
Gesture Navigation
Greenify
MinMinGuard
Sansung Alt Symbols
Tinted Status Bar
Xposed Recent Tasks Ram
Youtube Adaway

Really love having Xposed on this thing.

Hello,
I am a newb in the whole android community (1 month use, but i am a quick learner).
I have already rooted my SGNP and I am trying to research more about what i can and what i can NOT configure in my Note Pro.
For example, thanks to your post here I learned that someone else tried to install Xposed with the Wanam module.
I search a lot for more post of this kind and came up with almost nothing so thats why i think that it will be much appreciated if there will be more sharing of experienced SGNP users of Xposed modules that are safe to use.
I think that my main concern is the lack of understanding about compatibility between other android devices. For example: Can i search for a specific module and find that it works on Galaxy Note 3 and know that it will also work on my Note Pro?

If anyone can help more with links for:
SGNP apps for rooted device
SGNP Xposed modules
SGNP custom ROMs
SGNP Bloatware system apps that can be uninstalled

Thank you for sharing your knowledge
Ray

Last edited:

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Primarily what I look for when installing Xposed modules on my Note Pro is feedback in both the description in Xposed Installer for the module and in the XDA support thread for that module on whether or not it's compatible with Touchwiz. If either sources say to stay away I heed that warning.

I'd say if you're unsure of compatibility of a module it doesn't hurt to ask here to see if anyone else has installed it.

As far as bloatware removal I've been hesitant to do so; I've frozen a bunch of things but the only applications/services that I've deleted outright is Knox related ones since freezing those would not stop their services from loading up as cached apps. My issue with trying to uninstall things is I don't want to have to rebuild all of my customizations if I have to factory reset, nor do I want to take the time to do nandroid backups prior to every tweak just to see if the tweak works.

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
Apparently it breaks the keyboard. God@mn it, why should I be the last to know?
Apparently the only thing that works is to change dpi to individual apps (like the launcher and and)...

tdetroit

Sep 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
Question: I've made the DPI 270 and the icons are indeed a bit smaller, however now I have a large dead space at the bottom of the screen and also the homescreen. Is there any way to extend the Grid or something? I know the area is usable because I've used Nova and Apex and can use the entire screen, but I'm trying to use the TW Launcher. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-18-15-19-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-18-15-19-47.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 292

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Question: I've made the DPI 270 and the icons are indeed a bit smaller, however now I have a large dead space at the bottom of the screen and also the homescreen. Is there any way to extend the Grid or something? I know the area is usable because I've used Nova and Apex and can use the entire screen, but I'm trying to use the TW Launcher. Screenshot attached.

As the expression goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks . . TW launcher may have the new magazine UX feature but as far as custom grid sizes to leverage more screen space you're SOL. Switch to Nova or Apex or some other custom launcher.

Reactions: Rusty-Island

Top Liked Posts