SMS not sending, but able to receive. MMS + Data Working.

Search This thread

AnTiDoWn3r

Jan 7, 2014
Hershey
Hello Internet, I just thought I'd chime in on the sms issue many seem to be having.

For me it started in the morning on the 21st. The day before everything was peachy. That morning I woke up and sent my normal texts that I usually do. The first text sent fine like usual, but anything after would fail to send. One quick-fix I found was to toggle airplane mode before sending a message, which would allow me to send another text or two before failing. The most interesting thing about this issue is that my brother, who is on cm 10.2 started having the issue at the exact same time and we aren't even running the same versions of android.

So I called verizon today and after about a half our I was able to get some information. I told the guy that I had tried rebooting, clearing cache, factory reseting, updating my SMSC number, etc. He said it's probably an issue in their end, which makes sense due to the timing of the issue occurring. He said he would do some behind the scenes stuff and call me back on Monday. I guess we'll see if the issue gets resolved. Keep me posted if you find a solution.

Last edited:

tonybahr

Jun 8, 2010
Hello Internet, I just thought I'd chime in on the sms issue many seem to be having.

For me it started in the morning on the 21st. The day before everything was peachy. That morning I woke up and sent my normal texts that I usually do. The first text sent fine like usual, but anything after would fail to send. One quick-fix I found was to toggle airplane mode before sending a message, which would allow me to send another text or two before failing. The most interesting thing about this issue is that my brother, who is on cm 10.2 started having the issue at the exact same time and we aren't even running the same versions of android.

So I called verizon today and after about a half our I was able to get some information. I told the guy that I had tried rebooting, clearing cache, factory reseting, updating my SCSC number, etc. He said it's probably an issue in their end, which makes sense due to the timing of the issue occurring. He said he would do some behind the scenes stuff and call me back on Monday. I guess we'll see if the issue gets resolved. Keep me posted if you find a solution.

Not sure if I'm doing this right usually I use the app but since I can only text on touch wiz based Roms xda app keeps crashing. Anyway I have this issue too mine seems to have started on 2-20 but same thing reboot or toggle airplane mode and I can send one that's it till next reboot. Was running carbon kit Kat. Hopefully Odin tomorrow will fix it touch wiz sucks!

S52Stu

Apr 2, 2012
Middletown, PA
Not sure if I'm doing this right usually I use the app but since I can only text on touch wiz based Roms xda app keeps crashing. Anyway I have this issue too mine seems to have started on 2-20 but same thing reboot or toggle airplane mode and I can send one that's it till next reboot. Was running carbon kit Kat. Hopefully Odin tomorrow will fix it touch wiz sucks!

Odin does not fix...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

AnTiDoWn3r

Jan 7, 2014
Hershey
I talked to Verizon again yesterday night, my support ticket is still open, meaning they're looking into the possibility of it being an issue on their end, so nothing new. I'm convinced it's something with them, because of the timing. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my SCH-I535

S52Stu

Apr 2, 2012
Middletown, PA
I talked to Verizon again yesterday night, my support ticket is still open, meaning they're looking into the possibility of it being an issue on their end, so nothing new. I'm convinced it's something with them, because of the timing. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Do they know you are running a form of CM? Or are you just saying your texts aren't working?

Just for my own info?

Whisk_33

Dec 26, 2012
Scranton

So I called verizon today and after about a half our I was able to get some information. I told the guy that I had tried rebooting, clearing cache, factory reseting, updating my SMSC number, etc. He said it's probably an issue in their end, which makes sense due to the timing of the issue occurring. He said he would do some behind the scenes stuff and call me back on Monday. I guess we'll see if the issue gets resolved. Keep me posted if you find a solution.

I'm having the same issue that you are. I've already posted a thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2657822
Are you on a version of CM? I was on mastamoon's 10.2 and moved to his CM11 and still have the problem. The only other fix I have heard/seen is that you can turn your mobile network to just CDMA and the problem goes away. (Its slow, but it works).

You are from Hershey Pa. I am in the Wilkes/Barre Scranton area. Anyone else experiencing this problem and in this area?

Do you have voice+ or google voice in your app drawer? I've seen some people who have had it in their app drawer who have been able to open that and select disable which remedies the problem. Hopefully Verizon gets back to you.

S52Stu

Apr 2, 2012
Middletown, PA
I'm having the same issue that you are. I've already posted a thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2657822
Are you on a version of CM? I was on mastamoon's 10.2 and moved to his CM11 and still have the problem. The only other fix I have heard/seen is that you can turn your mobile network to just CDMA and the problem goes away. (Its slow, but it works).

You are from Hershey Pa. I am in the Wilkes/Barre Scranton area. Anyone else experiencing this problem and in this area?

Do you have voice+ or google voice in your app drawer? I've seen some people who have had it in their app drawer who have been able to open that and select disable which remedies the problem. Hopefully Verizon gets back to you.

I'm in Hershey pa as well... interesting

Reactions: bigrel22

AnTiDoWn3r

Jan 7, 2014
Hershey

Yes, I'm from Hershey PA, my brother and I both have GS3s, but he's running 10.2 RC2 and I'm on the latest D2 nightly. The issue started in morning on the 20th. From what I can tell, it's only Verizon customers in our area that have been affected, my buddy on AT&T with a CM Nightly hasn't had any trouble. I tried disabling Voice+ but it didn't help anything. As of this point, my ticket is still open, so no new news yet. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: bigrel22

AnTiDoWn3r

Jan 7, 2014
Hershey
This is actually quite fascinating. All of those who seem to be having this issue are in Central Pennsylvania, started having the issue around the 20th, and are running a version of Cyanogenmod. I'll be sure to bring that up in my next chat with Verizon. Stay posted.

barakaspeed

Sep 21, 2007
Hershey PA here
Cm11 m3 d2vzw

I've been having the same problem since ~20th as well. In glad I found this thread as I couldn't find much else when searching. I've temporarily switched to a TW ROM and it worked fine but any aosp seems affected. I even got Verizon to give me a sim but it didn't help.

My cell number starts 570-57*-**** (Scranton area number ) though I now live in Hershey pa.

Last edited:

S52Stu

Apr 2, 2012
Middletown, PA
This is where I wish I knew someone who worked at vzw and was a reasonable person.

Last edited:

bass0324

Nov 12, 2010
I am just outside Philly, I started having this issue on the 20th as well, occurred on both paranoid android beta 4 from notta and slim kat stable 3.0. Seems to be intermittent for me as there is times where it works freely and times I need to toggle airplane mode for every text

Edit: my number is from northeast pa (Hazleton Area). I'm wondering if it is an area code issue or something because I know people with s3s down by philly who don't have this issue with Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2010
I am just outside Philly, I started having this issue on the 20th as well, occurred on both paranoid android beta 4 from notta and slim kat stable 3.0. Seems to be intermittent for me as there is times where it works freely and times I need to toggle airplane mode for every text

Edit: my number is from northeast pa (Hazleton Area). I'm wondering if it is an area code issue or something because I know people with s3s down by philly who don't have this issue with Verizon.

Been having the same issue. I live in mountaintop so maybe you're right

Obaterista93

Apr 4, 2011
Williamsport
Google Pixel 5
Central PA 570 here as well. Both my mom and I's phones are experiencing the same. What baffles me is that it happened to be people who had already flashed the ROM prior to the 20th, which means it isn't an AOSP specific SIM activation issue, because that happens on first boot. Touchwiz works fine, although I can't stand it. Whatever it is, I desperately hope it's fixed soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's been from an email. They ask me so send an SMS because they're running a trace. Hopefully they'll get it working soon.

Talked to the Verizon guy again yesterday. He says that he knows many in PA are having this issue. He also knows we're using custom roms, but he's still trying to help, so that's good. He said he has network engineers working on it and they he'll call me again today. Hopefully they can fix this soon.

I'm in Hershey pa as well... interesting

Yes, I'm from Hershey PA, my brother and I both have GS3s, but he's running 10.2 RC2 and I'm on the latest D2 nightly. The issue started in morning on the 20th. From what I can tell, it's only Verizon customers in our area that have been affected, my buddy on AT&T with a CM Nightly hasn't had any trouble. I tried disabling Voice+ but it didn't help anything. As of this point, my ticket is still open, so no new news yet. I'll keep you posted.
    Problem goes away in any TW rom ever made for note 2. Flash aosp or restore aosp it comes right back.

Yeah, same thing for the GS3. But when we go back to the MB1 modem package and then load up a TW rom everything stays golden. The issues (at least for the GS3) only shows when you are on the MF1 and AOSP roms. I don't even know if the modems and such are the same on the Note2.

Sorry I couldn't help any more. I know little about the GS3 and less about others.