[Q] NFC Project

Search This thread

vaibhav.ravi

Dec 9, 2013
Seattle, WA
Hello everyone

I am doing a project as part of my final year in engineering, and the project is an automated toll collection system, using NFC payment method. So I need to know if my idea is feasible.

I have a Nexus 5 and my friend and team mate has an HTC One. Our idea is to tap the phone with our NFC app open, on a "payment terminal" which will send details to the terminal over NFC, and that terminal must verify these details of the user (USERNAME & PASSWORD) and call a java web service, and return some other information back to the phone over NFC. Since we do not have a "terminal" as such, we plan on using one of the phones as a "customer phone" and the other as the "terminal".

I know I can develop an app for the Nexus 5 that can easily handle this, but is the same freedom available with the HTC One?

There are two apps we'll be using:
1. Client app on phone1 that sends user details over NFC to "terminal"(phone2)
2. Terminal app on phone2 that receives details over NFC and eventually returns confirmation to phone1.

I'd like to know which phone will work best as phone1 and phone2.

All help is greatly appreciated and I thank you all in advance :)

Essem G

Feb 23, 2014
Columbus
They should be equal for using nfc as it runs independently from each ROM, but just to be safe you should USE the NEXUS 5 as your terminal because of stock android.
Good Luck

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

vaibhav.ravi

Dec 9, 2013
Seattle, WA
They should be equal for using nfc as it runs independently from each ROM, but just to be safe you should USE the NEXUS 5 as your terminal because of stock android.
Good Luck

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Thanks, I just wanted to know if the HTC one can be used for NFC development, and if its NFC feature can be used feely.