Wifi problems on my converted HTC One. Wifi will stop connecting to the internet.

Search This thread

lettuceman44

Apr 24, 2012
I'm having issues with wifi after converting my HTC one to a Google Edition.

I'll connect to my school wifi fine, but every single time, after a certain amount of time it just stops working. I'll still be connected to the wifi network, but I can't connect to the internet.(When I'm at home, I don't have this issue)

My friend also has the HTC One stock, and wifi works fine. My gf has a nexus 4, so it uses stock android with no problems.
What is with my HTC One GE that isn't working?

I've tried a factory reset twice now, and it didn't help at all.

Help is appreciated! This is super annoying and is literally hindering my productivity because I don't have enough data to just use cellular service.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
What happens on stock Sense firmware? If you are S-OFF, flash Dev edition RUU and test.

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013

I'll connect to my school wifi fine, but every single time, after a certain amount of time it just stops working. I'll still be connected to the wifi network, but I can't connect to the internet.(When I'm at home, I don't have this issue)

My friend also has the HTC One stock, and wifi works fine. My gf has a nexus 4, so it uses stock android with no problems.

Help is appreciated! This is super annoying and is literally hindering my productivity because I don't have enough data to just use cellular service.

Yeah. That is a Google Play Edition Issue on 4.4 KitKat and above... you won't be able to fix this issue (except rewriting a part of GPE)
This here helped me in Wi-Fi's like your school wifi:

[root] Pry-Fi

but if you disconnect and reconnect you have to re login because you have a new Mac...

Reactions: lettuceman44

lettuceman44

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah. That is a Google Play Edition Issue on 4.4 KitKat and above... you won't be able to fix this issue (except rewriting a part of GPE)

[root] Pry-Fi

but if you disconnect and reconnect you have to re login because you have a new Mac...
Gah, not what I was hoping for :(
I was hoping it was a specific issue I had, not an actual android issue.

Why is it only GPE that is affected by this? Explains why my GF's nexus 4 works well.

This is a bummer. I guess I have to revert back to stock.......I get disconnected and reconnected from wifi all the time due to the wifi not being 100% everywhere on campus.

Thanks for the help, at least I know now that I can't do anything about it, time to go back to stock.

Are the revert to stock guides in you're sigs work from a GPE to stock?

Last edited:

robbie09

Jan 15, 2012
Indiana
i know how you feel

Gah, not what I was hoping for :(
I was hoping it was a specific issue I had, not an actual android issue.

Why is it only GPE that is affected by this? Explains why my GF's nexus 4 works well.

This is a bummer. I guess I have to revert back to stock.......I get disconnected and reconnected from wifi all the time due to the wifi not being 100% everywhere on campus.

Thanks for the help, at least I know now that I can't do anything about it, time to go back to stock.

Are the revert to stock guides in you're sigs work from a GPE to stock?
it's not just the GPE, I switched my AT&T HTC One to Developer Edition and have lost wifi since 4.4. I downgraded back to stock and worked my way up the updates with no luck. back to dev edition now 4.4.2 and still no luck

lettuceman44

Apr 24, 2012
it's not just the GPE, I switched my AT&T HTC One to Developer Edition and have lost wifi since 4.4. I downgraded back to stock and worked my way up the updates with no luck. back to dev edition now 4.4.2 and still no luck
I just went back to stock sense 4.3 and I'm having the same issues still. Before conversion I had no issues.

Why is it still happening?

Could a factory reset work? I assumed when I flashed the ruu it just wiped everything.

Last edited:

lettuceman44

Apr 24, 2012
What do you mean by that? I converted my phone from GPE back to stock using the AT&T ruu.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

lettuceman44

Apr 24, 2012
I really need to fix this issue, it's becoming a liability :(
I don't know what else to do

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

sociofobs

Apr 12, 2013
similar issue

I'm on ViperOne 4.4.2 with similar issues. Only my router is a meter away from me, so the connection is excellent. Wifi on phone keeps disconnecting, but what is interesting, it does so like it's scheduled to do so. For an example - it'll work fine for an hour, more or less, & then it'll start to play games - disconnect, reconnect, scan for networks & show nothing, or try to connect & fail, or even get stuck at 'turning on'. Every problem that I have with my wifi can be temporarily 'fixed' with a reboot, then wifi will work fine for some time & start to disconnect again. HELP?
BTW this started after 4.4.2 update. I've downgraded back to 4.2.2, to 4.3 & now I'm back on 4.4.2, no changes. Did this update **** something up in my phone's hardware or what?

veniatregnum

Jul 28, 2010
I have a similar problem to what was initially discussed in this thread. Company wifi has multiple routers throughout the building/department - when I first connect to the system everything works great, but after moving to a different room and connecting to a different router (same network/wifi) the internet connection is lost. I stay connected to wifi, with strong signal, but don't have any data connection. In order to get internet back I have to turn the wifi off and back on - everything works fine until I walk into a different room and connect to a different router.

I'm on an HTC One Google Edition - don't remember having this problem before rooting the One from Sense to GE, but I wasn't streaming radio broadcasts of baseball games over the internet until a week ago, which was when this became a real annoyance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[root] Pry-Fi