[Q] HTC One stuck in recovery and bootloader

Search This thread

xexxonx

Sep 6, 2013
Hello,

I recently decided to update my ROM to Renovate 8.2 (I had a really old version of it before so I already did all the necessities to install a ROM). Everything went perfectly, I downloaded the ROM and put it in the phone's storage. Went into TWRP recovery (2.5.0), install -> clicked on the ROM zip, followed the on screen direction, installation went smoothly, then finish -> reboot.

Since then, the phone default boots to recovery; I can also access bootloader, but that's it.

I have looked for a solution everywhere, but nothing seems to work. The most promising seems to be the adb sideload, but I get the device not recognized error (all the fix for this error need me to get into the settings page in the phone, which I can't access).

I suspect it has something to do with dalvik cache/cache, but I don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated!

predator1584

Nov 3, 2009
Kansas City
Have you updated your TWRP to the latest version? What about firmware updates prior to flashing the ROM?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

xexxonx

Sep 6, 2013
I think I need to fix the issue of my phone not showing up on my computer first right? I would need to put the twrp file onto my phone to flash it?

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 regardless and then work on your ADB issues. What windows OS do you have?

sent from my mobile device

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
You will find a thread in general forum to address it

xexxonx

Sep 6, 2013
OK I am using the TWRP Recovery 2.6.3.3 tool, but my PC doesn't recognize the phone, so I can't proceed. Any idea on how to get the PC to recognize my phone again?

xexxonx

Sep 6, 2013
So what did you do to resolve it?

I put the phone into bootloader no problem, ran the program, connected it to my PC via USB as instructed, the bootloader even reads FASTBOOT USB which is suppose to happen; but when I proceed with the program, it's stuck on "waiting for device". My PC gives the error "USB device not recognized".

I am using this recovery program.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467536

xexxonx

Sep 6, 2013
Guys I am so stumped!

I can't update TWRP because my PC refuses to recognize my HTC One, I have tried numerous driver fix solutions but they all end up with either "USB device not recognize" or "the best driver is already installed" when I tried to manually install the drivers.

I am also considering just resetting the phone, how would I go about that if I am stuck in recovery and bootloader?

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Guys I am so stumped!

I can't update TWRP because my PC refuses to recognize my HTC One, I have tried numerous driver fix solutions but they all end up with either "USB device not recognize" or "the best driver is already installed" when I tried to manually install the drivers.

I am also considering just resetting the phone, how would I go about that if I am stuck in recovery and bootloader?

HOLD YOUR HORSES!!

since PC isn't seeing your phone, go to bootloader screen, and report back the following:

1- What kind of phone do you have M7_U/UL ?? cause the recovery you posted is for "TWRP 2.6.3.4 for HTC One 802w (M7C_DUG)"

2- What's your hboot version

3- Which OS are you running on your PC?

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Have you got a friend or family member with a PC running Windows 7. Windows 8.1 has known issues with fastboot drivers.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

xexxonx

Sep 6, 2013
HOLD YOUR HORSES!!

since PC isn't seeing your phone, go to bootloader screen, and report back the following:

1- What kind of phone do you have M7_U/UL ?? cause the recovery you posted is for "TWRP 2.6.3.4 for HTC One 802w (M7C_DUG)"

2- What's your hboot version

3- Which OS are you running on your PC?

1. M7_UL
2. 1.44.0000
3. Windows 8.1

Have you got a friend or family member with a PC running Windows 7. Windows 8.1 has known issues with fastboot drivers.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

I have access to PCs in a library that run Windows 7.

EvanLe

Feb 24, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm new with HTC one, I want to try something new but i got stuck.

I was installing my stock rom (This is the latest *stock* KitKat & HTC Sense 5.5 UI build 4.19.401.8 for the HTC One), and now I cannot do anything with my phone. I cannot get into the recovery (TWRP). When I try get into recovery, it just restart and come back bootloader. Would you guys please help me out?

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT35TW901637
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4276mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-ea0bccbd
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

Please help me out ...

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
To the original OP.
Windows 8.1 will not work with hboot 1.44. You will need a windows 7 set up for adb and fastboot with HTC drivers installed.
The file i sent you is TWRP 2.6.3.3. Once you have fastboot on windows 7 type---
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7
or get the TWRP from here--
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7

This will give you the correct recovery for your M7ul

Last edited:

xexxonx

Sep 6, 2013
Say I am considering a complete reset? What options do I have given that I am stuck in recovery/bootloader and have trouble getting my PC to recognize the phone.

Thank you to everyone for all the help so far.