Thanks Meter: 5

By Hyst3RiA, Member on 26th August 2011, 09:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2011, 01:21 PM |#111  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 31

More
i have flash the KH2 and i can flash any other rom i want to go back to kc1 but downloader does not found the usb connection any help?

22nd February 2014, 06:48 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OndraSter

Yep, it is disabled in registry by the CSC.

If you take a look at mxiupdate_SecCetusOs_CSC_DTM.provxml from the XXKH2's CSC, you will find this

Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc>

<!-- SMS for group. not MMS -->		
	<characteristic type="Registry">
		<characteristic type="HKCU\Software\Microsoft\ShortMsg\Settings">
			<parm name="MMSGroupText" value="0" datatype="integer" />
		</characteristic>
	</characteristic>

</wap-provisioningdoc>

Could it be unlocked after flash with WP7RootTool's registry editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilboy

There is no problem. You can change CSC to your country's one. Look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1152493 I am italian and i used KC1ITV (retail Italy) You have to look for which is your country's one and than load it onto your omnia 7 instead of T-mobile KH2 CSC.

It looks, that T-Mobile's ROM has a lot of brand 'things'.

I want to have Internet Sharing on my OMNIA7. As far I know Tethering = Branded ROM.
Operator logo isn't problem for me, but I don't want have restricted functionality.

Could someone say me which another CSC will have unlocked tethering?
22nd February 2014, 07:24 PM |#113  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maker3

Could it be unlocked after flash with WP7RootTool's registry editor?

It looks, that T-Mobile's ROM has a lot of brand 'things'.

I want to have Internet Sharing on my OMNIA7. As far I know Tethering = Branded ROM.
Operator logo isn't problem for me, but I don't want have restricted functionality.

Could someone say me which another CSC will have unlocked tethering?

I haven't been logging in For months I received your quote by mail!
Anyway I've been using a Lumia 920 since 12/2012 so I have just a few memories of Omnia 7. I'm sure there are plenty of CSCs with tethering available, but as you say you don't care about the carrier logo, I suggest that you use HUI csc, I guess its name was something like HUIKC1 or something like that. This is 3 Italy logo and tethering is certainly available. Last update as far as I remember (using zune) should be HUIKI3 or similar.
Let me know if you manage to install this one!
24th February 2014, 10:27 PM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilboy

I haven't been logging in For months I received your quote by mail!
Anyway I've been using a Lumia 920 since 12/2012 so I have just a few memories of Omnia 7. I'm sure there are plenty of CSCs with tethering available, but as you say you don't care about the carrier logo, I suggest that you use HUI csc, I guess its name was something like HUIKC1 or something like that. This is 3 Italy logo and tethering is certainly available. Last update as far as I remember (using zune) should be HUIKI3 or similar.
Let me know if you manage to install this one!

First I wanted to try H3G - 3UK, beacause at WPcentral I read, that this ROM got Tethering. And this CSC was stock, not engineering.
I flashed stook 7004 and then I let Zune update it to 8862. For some reason Zune skipped KI2 update which add tethering.
KH3 and KK2 was installed but not this one. I suppose that KI2 wasn't connected with OS updated and Zune went to next OS update. It looks like a bug.

Next weekend I will try instal CSC XEC - Movistar Spain, but after Mango I will send KK1 with Cab Sender. I read that this ROM doesn't has carrier logo http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1358576
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)