[Q] Battery takes more than 6 hours to charge???

Search This thread

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
I just came across this topic and thought Id throw this in.
I got my p600 in late November/early December. At first, it took an excrutiatingly long time to charge with the stock charger. After a few weeks and up to mow, it slowly took less and less time to charge. I havent timed it, but it went from taking like 6hrs to charge from <14% to 100%, to probably around 3hrs.

So for those having long charging times with the stock charger, maybe just keep charging over a few weeks? Maybe the charge times will decrease as the battery breaks in.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

elsamuraiguapo

Nov 1, 2013
California
Yeah this tablet takes a VERY long time to charge because of the massive battery. I usually just make sure to plug it in right before I go to bed so it will be at 100% when I wake up. Also as a tip which applies to not only this device, but any, put it on airplane mode when charging it and it will charge a little bit faster. Another option is turning it off.

Reactions: skyhigh73

dlang123

Jul 6, 2011
So i'm searching around and haven't found the answer yet, does the p605 charge quicker than the p600?

What about performance?

What about battery life between the two?

BclingergFJ

Sep 28, 2008
I have not seen a big difference. If mine gets much lower than 30, then charge time is 7-8 hours.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Think it's because of USB 2.0

It's not USB 3.0. Only the Tab/Pro 12.2's have USB 3.0 anyway. Here's how Samsung implements USB 3.0; at least on the N3.
    The Galaxy Note 3 ships with USB 3.0, unfortunately at least in its current state it doesn't seem to get any benefit from the interface. Although the internal eMMC is capable of being read from at ~100MB/s, sustained transfers from the device over adb averaged around 30MB/s regardless of whether or not I connected the Note 3 to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 host.

Update: USB 3.0 does work on the Note 3, but only when connected to a Windows PC with USB 3.0. Doing so brings up a new option in the "USB Computer Connection" picker with USB 3.0 as an option. Ticking this alerts you that using USB 3.0 might interfere with calls and data, but then switches over. Connection transfer speed is indeed faster in this mode as well, like you'd expect. It only appears on Windows as well, my earlier attempts were on OS X where this popup option never appears.

Charging is an interesting story on the Note 3, but primarily because of what doesn’t change. The Note 3 continues to use Samsung’s tablet charging specification and charger, which has 2 amps of maximum output. The Note 3 draws 2 amps over a considerable amount of the charging curve, like other Samsung devices (in the linear part of the charge curve). USB 3.0 doesn’t change things up here quite yet with the new supported charge voltages that are coming eventually with the power delivery specification.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7376/samsung-galaxy-note-3-review/3

It's because of a Qualcomm dedicated charging circuit that's (optionally) part of S-800...

http://www.qualcomm.com/chipsets/quick-charge
    Also for those that don't know. Under advanced WiFi settings uncheck the setting that's says scanning always available. Drains the battery real quick even with WiFi off

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have bought a brand new p-601, since the first installation it takes more than 6 hours in battery charging.

Is it normal or there is something wrong with the battery/tablet.

Is it possible reset the binary counter to 0, cause I have rooted it twice?

Best Regards

Yes its normal, all Exynos Note 10.1 2014 take a long time to charge, My P600 takes 5 hours however others have said it takes them 6-8hours to fully charge.
    Same here

Note 3 with USB 3.0 in roughly 2 hours

Someone could calculate the theoretical time by comparing how much power USB 2.0 can put through vs USB 3.0. Should be roughly 2 times more.

So maybe there will come a Note 10.1 Pro with USB 3.0 and NFC

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app
    Flyer.michael;4963 765 said:
    Same here

Note 3 with USB 3.0 in roughly 2 hours

Someone could calculate the theoretical time by comparing how much power USB 2.0 can put through vs USB 3.0. Should be roughly 2 times more.

So maybe there will come a Note 10.1 Pro with USB 3.0 and NFC

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app

The p600 has a battery capacity that is 2.56 times bigger than the note 3 (3,200 vs. 8,220mAh) so its not a fair comparison.