Buying new Note 10.1 p600 (wifi) 2014 edition

Search This thread

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Hi, as the title said, my question is what is the latest firmware on the Note currently if I purchased now. Is it 4.3 with locked bootloader like the Galaxy s3 with Knox? If it's, is it possible to flash custom firmware? Thanks.

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
Yes it has 4.3. It has Knox bootloader as well if that matters. There is TWRP recovery, custom kernel by Bid Droid, custom ROM by Scotts ROM called Clean ROM V2 R2.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

It and the older note 10.1 2012 version are both on list to get kitkat 4.4.2. ..no clue when it would drop but I'm sure Clean ROM will have it before it's out for mainstream. It's on ML1 currently

Reactions: buhohitr

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Yes it has 4.3. It has Knox bootloader as well if that matters. There is TWRP recovery, custom kernel by Bid Droid, custom ROM by Scotts ROM called Clean ROM V2 R2.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

It and the older note 10.1 2012 version are both on list to get kitkat 4.4.2. ..no clue when it would drop but I'm sure Clean ROM will have it before it's out for mainstream. It's on ML1 currently

Thanks for quick reply, I thought that if it came with locked bootloader then how can we unlock? like the S3, we unable to unlock we need to use safestrap to install custom rom, is it the same case as the Note? sounds like it's not.

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
No...Cf auto root

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

Scotts clean ROM is adapted for US to ML1. Like I said custom ROM. The stock is MK1, correct.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
No...Cf auto root

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

Scotts clean ROM is adapted for US to ML1. Like I said custom ROM. The stock is MK1, correct.

It's still not clear, I thought MK1 (4.3) has a locked bootloader, and no one could unlock the bootloader yet, so how can we able to flash custom rom??

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
I shall do my best to clarify of what I know. I have the note 10.1 2014 sm-p600, wifi only. I'm located in the US. I had android 4.3 on it. I had used Kies to update to MK1 since I had already tripped Knox and don't care. Even prior to MK1, I used Odin'd Cf - auto root, and Odin'd TWRP custom Recovery. For a long time there were nobody developing anything for the tablet. SCOTTS clean ROM undertook the task and made a custom ROM with stock kernel. Then as time progressed Bid Droid entered with a custom kernel. He also made his own rom, but I'm not sure if that is for P601 or p605 models. I refer you to the note 10.1 2014 android development thread for more detailed info. Scott was able to incorporate ML1 firmware into his ROM. Yes ML1, think it was Taiwan, wasn't released in the US but I see no problems as far as country specific or anything on a wifi only tablet. He knows what he is doing as a proven developer. If none of what I am saying makes any sense, I would advise you to look deeper in Note 10.1 2014 android develop thread. I hope this may have helped clarify. I tried to anyways.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's on ML1 currently

MK1 in the US

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    No...Cf auto root

I shall do my best to clarify of what I know. I have the note 10.1 2014 sm-p600, wifi only. I'm located in the US. I had android 4.3 on it. I had used Kies to update to MK1 since I had already tripped Knox and don't care. Even prior to MK1, I used Odin'd Cf - auto root, and Odin'd TWRP custom Recovery. For a long time there were nobody developing anything for the tablet. SCOTTS clean ROM undertook the task and made a custom ROM with stock kernel. Then as time progressed Bid Droid entered with a custom kernel. He also made his own rom, but I'm not sure if that is for P601 or p605 models. I refer you to the note 10.1 2014 android development thread for more detailed info. Scott was able to incorporate ML1 firmware into his ROM. Yes ML1, think it was Taiwan, wasn't released in the US but I see no problems as far as country specific or anything on a wifi only tablet. He knows what he is doing as a proven developer. If none of what I am saying makes any sense, I would advise you to look deeper in Note 10.1 2014 android develop thread. I hope this may have helped clarify. I tried to anyways.