Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

 View Poll Results: Are you going to get the Z2?

Yes, I'm moving on to the Z2
50 Vote(s)
No, I'm sticking with the Z1
199 Vote(s)

Are you going to sell your Z1 and get a Z2?

1,401 posts
Thanks Meter: 631
By kantk20111, Senior Member on 25th February 2014, 03:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Now that the Z2 has been fully revealed, I was wondering how many Z1 owners were thinking of switching to the Z2 once it comes out. Both are so similar specs wise that for some it wouldn't make sense to make the leap.

For me, I'm probably going to stay with the Z1. The display is the only thing drawing me to the Z2 but I can't justify paying so much money just for better viewing angles. The rest of the software features like 4K recroding and tap2wake are going to be ported to the Z1 officially or through the devs so the gap between the Z1 and Z2 will be very small.


note: This is only for people thinking about getting the Z2, and not another phone
25th February 2014, 03:55 PM |#2  
rpcherrera's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
The Z2 is a good choice for those who are coming from other brands.

I think it's not worth to sell our Z1 and get the Z2 (well if you want to always have the latest phone, go) as spec wise there is little improvement on the hardware. Lets wait for Z3 and see what it will offer.

Currently happy with my Z1, just the camera brings disappointment. Peace

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rpcherrera For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rpcherrera Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 03:55 PM |#3  
albertobom's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Esquinzo
Thanks Meter: 696
Donate to Me
Hell no. I don't see any major upgrades that could justified the change.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to albertobom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift albertobom Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 03:58 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 59
Well I was thinking about this too and here is my opinion: SONY has huge problems with phone overheating starting from S, Z, Z1 .. Almost all the phones have small defects for example camera button is very loose and it's a bit hard to take a picture without handshake on keypress, then my volume button became very strange it's like going to fall of, when I slightly press on it it feels like it was outside and then returned to its position, I mean that SONY has to think about build quality rather than releasing new flagship twice a month But from the other side there are no normal phones, I was thinking of Nexus 5 and G2 but I didn't like G2 UI and Nexus 5 Camera because it takes strictly 4:3 ... And as usual I'll say that I wont buy SONY again but probably will buy SONY
25th February 2014, 04:01 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 276
Sony makes new flagships all the time... perhaps i will wait a couple of flagships before i buy another one
The Following User Says Thank You to HellRoot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HellRoot Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 04:06 PM |#6  
omegahanggara's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 156
No way! I have to keep my money for nearly a year to get Z1. LOL. I'm very happy with Z1 tho, it's a decent device. There are a lot of proud and pride for having this device. Z2 don't have too big differences compares to Z1 tho, I think stick with Z1 and wait for new generation of Z family (perhaps Z3 or Z4) will be the best choice

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
25th February 2014, 04:13 PM |#7  
negrobembon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462
This upgrade is mainly for Original Z users
The upgrade for us Z1 users is coming by the end of the year, im pretty sure

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to negrobembon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift negrobembon Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 04:34 PM |#8  
Jimvest's Avatar
Thanks Meter: 21
If sony gives most software features then No, but if sony dont give features then my z1 may find its way towards the nearest wall =)

Lähetetty minun C6903 laitteesta
25th February 2014, 04:40 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
no point

i will probably wait for Z3, and if that thing doesnt have decent developer support after a month or two i am going with whatever nexus phone is out by then.
25th February 2014, 04:49 PM |#10  
Don_Perrignon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, Texas, USA
Thanks Meter: 133
I'm thinking about it since the Z1s may or may not get root. There's a few people working on it. But, for me, I'm thinking of the possibility of us not getting root. I'd sell my Z1s to help by the global Z2. With the Z1s coming out about a month ago. Is it reasonable to ask for $500 or could I go higher?

Anybody know for sure whether or not the global phones will work on T-Mo USA's data bands?
25th February 2014, 05:16 PM |#11  
Vengeance66's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tetovo
Thanks Meter: 60
Donate to Me
Originally Posted by albertobom

Hell no. I don't see any major upgrades that could justified the change.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes