ROCK Texture Series Book Case

Search This thread

milanche

Jul 11, 2007
Bled
So today I've got this nice surprise in my mailbox, wasn't expecting it so soon since I've ordered it a week ago and the case was shipped from Hon Kong to Europe (Slovenia).

It's a ROCK Texture Series Book Case for Note 10.1 2014. I've ordered it on eBay, pretty nice deal with a 23 € price tag and free shipping.

The case is what I've expected, leather style, is slim and looks elegant. Feels good and nice to hold it. It has no magnets - after reading many reports on magnets interfering with digitizer and pen, I've decided to go with elastic band.

Here are some pics attached for you to evaluate.

Attachments

• SAM_1226.JPG
    SAM_1226.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 1,987
  • SAM_1228.JPG
    SAM_1228.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 1,939
  • SAM_1231.jpg
    SAM_1231.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,507
  • SAM_1233.JPG
    SAM_1233.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 1,491
  • SAM_1234.JPG
    SAM_1234.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 1,403
  • SAM_1236.jpg
    SAM_1236.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,414
  • SAM_1238.jpg
    SAM_1238.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,289

DeBoX

Jul 26, 2010
How's the weight? I've bought 3 different covers, and they all pack more weight then the original samsung cover.

Can the elastic band double as a form of handstrap?

does the wake/sleep / daynote work with this cover?

BTW is this the same one?

http://www.casesinthebox.com/rock-t...-p600-p601-2014-edition-dark-grey_p15245.html

Note that in the description it says " Support intelligent magnetic sleeping & awakening function. "

Last edited:

milanche

Jul 11, 2007
Bled
I don't have the original Samsung case, so I can't compare regarding weight. To me it doesn't feel like it adds some notable weight to the tablet.

Elastic is indeed usable as a handstrap, to help you cary the tablet around safer.

Yes, it's the same cover as on your link and as it says it supports wake/sleep function.

Br.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
There is a case with a hand strap, forgot which one, and i didnt have a clue how this was supposed to work, the strap seemed misplaced.
I am using the Tucano Youngster universal case for my 7" tablet. By putting the sling attached to the zipper over your thumb, you can safely hold the tablet one-handed in portrait and landscape mode. With the 10“ version i finally got for the Note, only portrait works, or you have giant hands.
The best Note specific case seemed to be the hard to find Rock Excel, but w/o strap or sling, which is important to me.

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
The Excel has a magnetic lock and no strap. Furthermore, it covers the usb port when closed. While basically sturdy, micro usb ports are sensitive to unwanted stuff inside(Which is difficult to see & even harder to remove) . Might block or damage it during insertion of the plug. And there's no alternative charging option on the note, like a charge jack or wireless charging.

milanche

Jul 11, 2007
Bled
The Excel has a magnetic lock and no strap. Furthermore, it covers the usb port when closed. While basically sturdy, micro usb ports are sensitive to unwanted stuff inside(Which is difficult to see & even harder to remove) . Might block or damage it during insertion of the plug. And there's no alternative charging option on the note, like a charge jack or wireless charging.

Is this the one?