returning phone to store with custom rom

Search This thread

m52go

Feb 21, 2014
I purchased a Z Ultra about a week ago and don't think it's going to work out. It's too HUGE. I will probably exchange it for a Z1, but I want to know:

Will it be a problem to have CM installed on it? Will they reject the return upon receiving it at the facility?

I don't want to take any chances...but I also don't want to go through the hassle of taking it back to stock...

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
I purchased a Z Ultra about a week ago and don't think it's going to work out. It's too HUGE. I will probably exchange it for a Z1, but I want to know:

Will it be a problem to have CM installed on it? Will they reject the return upon receiving it at the facility?

I don't want to take any chances...but I also don't want to go through the hassle of taking it back to stock...

They won't accept it with any trace of root or custom rom as it voids the warranty. You'll need to flash complete stock, it's pretty straightforward.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

m52go

Feb 21, 2014
What Spyder said.

Also, why don't you just wait a couple of weeks for the Z2? It looks so much nicer than the Z1. Even I would get it! (but i won't).

Hmm...I didn't back up the TA partition. I hope I'm not screwed.

Regarding the Z2, I would totally go for it, but 1) I'm getting a pretty good deal on the Z1...20% off the sale price and 2) I'm not sure I have time to wait for its release and 3) it's going to be very expensive. I hate paying full-price for just-released electronics.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand

Regarding the Z2, I would totally go for it, but 1) I'm getting a pretty good deal on the Z1...20% off the sale price and 2) I'm not sure I have time to wait for its release and 3) it's going to be very expensive. I hate paying full-price for just-released electronics.

I think you are screwed :(

I'm sure that you get used to the ZU eventually

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London

No ta partition means no drm keys which is definitely void warranty, i doubt very much they'd accept it back.

m52go

Feb 21, 2014
No ta partition means no drm keys which is definitely void warranty, i doubt very much they'd accept it back.

Yeah I effed up BADLY on this one.

To add insult to injury, I woke up an hour ago to find 2 scratches on the front screen...my best guess is that the glass of the Z1 scratched the Ultra when I placed the Z1 on top of the Ultra to compare the two earlier today.

So now the software is screwed AND the hardware is screwed! Yay. What a disaster.

This phone is FIVE DAYS OLD. [sigh] If anyone wants an Ultra to mess around with, mine's for sale for CHEAP. PM me or check out Swappa. Thanks for the help guys.

SPtheALIEN

Mar 15, 2011
San Diego
Yeah I effed up BADLY on this one.

To add insult to injury, I woke up an hour ago to find 2 scratches on the front screen...my best guess is that the glass of the Z1 scratched the Ultra when I placed the Z1 on top of the Ultra to compare the two earlier today.

So now the software is screwed AND the hardware is screwed! Yay. What a disaster.

This phone is FIVE DAYS OLD. [sigh] If anyone wants an Ultra to mess around with, mine's for sale for CHEAP. PM me or check out Swappa. Thanks for the help guys.

Keep in mind that you likely just scratched the anti-shatter film, and not the actual screen itself. That film it just so soft, it scratches easy.

I say try the phone out for another week...

bucho2004

Mar 16, 2011
O very found the xperia z ultra huge, for about a week, now I find every other smartphone tiny and unusable. Any other smartphone with a screen size of 5 inches or above is cumbersome to use with one hand, so might aswell go bigger
Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

bryanky5

Mar 31, 2013
I thought most people who bought this phone knew how big it was going to be and that's why they bought it!

But yeah i think you will get used to it..I don't think it's that huge anymore.

jaime4272

Jul 26, 2008
Earth
before I got the ultra I had the note II. that I gave to my wife and now I see the note II and I don't think can go back to smaller screen size. I could go bigger though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What Spyder said.

Also, why don't you just wait a couple of weeks for the Z2? It looks so much nicer than the Z1. Even I would get it! (but i won't).