[Q] HTC amaze rom flashing

Search This thread

tamasicsadam

Nov 22, 2013
Hi guys,I have a problem romming my HTC Amaze 4g.
I have already unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP recovery but when i flashed official cyanogenmod the phone got bootloop.
No error messages or sg like that.
Dont know what to do please help.
Adam.

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
Hi guys,I have a problem romming my HTC Amaze 4g.
I have already unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP recovery but when i flashed official cyanogenmod the phone got bootloop.
No error messages or sg like that.
Dont know what to do please help.
Adam.

Off hand the most likely scenario is the kernel didn't get flashed with the rest of the ROM. This is a known issue with TWRP and CWM on devices that are s-on. Try again with ext4 recovery and enable smart flash. It seems to be the recovery with the least amount of problems with this device, especially those that are s-on, and is the solution recommended by most devs here.

tamasicsadam

Nov 22, 2013
Here again. I have tried what u mentioned .flashed ex4 recovery and tried to flash the rom via that smart thing enabled and when the phone booted up it rebooted when PIN was entered. After that tried to wipe dalvik but it got worse cuz phone got bootloop now. Any ideas?

Muneeb Saeed

Jul 17, 2013
Hafizabad
Or the link might have gone bad one another user is also saying the same about cm but there is one more possibility the cm roms are usually quite a lot undervolted i think sports device supports it i had this problem on cm 11 and overvolting did the job but you guys cant even get to the main screen how are you going to overvolt you might just have to edit the kernel which i have no experience of.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
When flashing by smart flash on you have to flash the kernel seprately

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

If smart-flash is properly enabled the kernel will flash with the ROM. That's one of the main purposes of smart-flash.

To the OP: obviously you were able to successfully install the ROM this time since you didn't bootloop and were OK until you entered a PIN for the lockscreen. So this issue is different than the first, where you weren't even getting to the lockscreen. The first thing I would try is wiping then reinstalling CM from recovery. This time just try using it without a PIN for an hour and see if you have other issues. Only then set a PIN. If it crashes after setting a PIN, but was working fine before, you know there is a bug in that part of the ROM. If it begins crashing sooner then something else is the problem.