[q] locked or unlocked?

Search This thread

xenoblade

Aug 27, 2012
bornemouth
Hi everyone, I would like to know if I can install unofficial roms on my rooted but locked to o2 phone as while I like the official JB stock rom , I am
dissappointed with the laggyness of the phone nqw. look forward to your help and comments.:)

xenoblade

Aug 27, 2012
bornemouth

could you suggest a suitable rom and how to install, could I use a official stock rom for (sim free) phones, or only unofficial roms like CWM 10.2
I am trying to learn here but I keep getting conflicting answers on what I can and cant do for instance some say I should tick repartion box in odin others say no,its the same with the phone being locked to provider, some say it needs to be unlocked, and some say it does not well I have a phone that is very wearing to use with its official update that is supposed to make run better and so much conflicting information that I have had just about enough, please please please will some one point me in the right direction so that I stand a chance of sorting my phone without bricking it thanks.....
P.S.sorry for the essay but I am so frustrated I thought these forums were to help people like me who want to learn............:(

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
could you suggest a suitable rom and how to install, could I use a official stock rom for (sim free) phones, or only unofficial roms like CWM 10.2
I am trying to learn here but I keep getting conflicting answers on what I can and cant do for instance some say I should tick repartion box in odin others say no,its the same with the phone being locked to provider, some say it needs to be unlocked, and some say it does not well I have a phone that is very wearing to use with its official update that is supposed to make run better and so much conflicting information that I have had just about enough, please please please will some one point me in the right direction so that I stand a chance of sorting my phone without bricking it thanks.....
P.S.sorry for the essay but I am so frustrated I thought these forums were to help people like me who want to learn............:(

-No theres no reason to tick repartition unless you're flashing a 3 part firmware.
-im pretty sure it doesnt have to be carrier locked
-jb update for us was a disaster :/
You thought pretty wrong. Many people left xda because of the community :/

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

Reactions: xenoblade

xenoblade

Aug 27, 2012
bornemouth
-No theres no reason to tick repartition unless you're flashing a 3 part firmware.

Nice one, JB, is running smooth and quick, after reading about a ram hack on this site , which has increased my max ram to 624mb instead of
a mere 482mb I was left with after updating to JB, so for now I shall play with this until I get bored then it will be time to bite the bullet and come into the light and join the ever growing community that believe in freedom.... thanks for your help Teddytsen:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, I would like to know if I can install unofficial roms on my rooted but locked to o2 phone as while I like the official JB stock rom , I am
    dissappointed with the laggyness of the phone nqw. look forward to your help and comments.:)

yup you can(AFAIK)