[Q] Stylus

Search This thread

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
Just wondering if anyone has tried another stylus with the Pro? I'm thinking of getting the new version of the Bamboo Feel, but haven't heard if it is compatible or not. Are there any thicker styli with erasers, by any chance?

JSandel

Mar 6, 2012
I want to know about this, too

Just wondering if anyone has tried another stylus with the Pro? I'm thinking of getting the new version of the Bamboo Feel, but haven't heard if it is compatible or not. Are there any thicker styli with erasers, by any chance?

Planning to do a lot of drawing on this tab, when the LTE version drops.

risingdead15

Aug 25, 2010

Hi,

I have been using the 8pi stylus with my note 12.2 and it works like a charm. Much better then the twig that comes with the tablet

amazonDOTcom/Galaxy-Genuine-Wacom-Stylus--S200EBEG/dp/B009PJN1U8/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393434446&sr=1-2&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s-pen+stylus+pen+with+eraser
hope this helps

-rising

Reactions: JSandel

zaptoons

Nov 26, 2011
Los Angeles
www.zaptoons.com
Hi,

I have been using the 8pi stylus with my note 12.2 and it works like a charm. Much better then the twig that comes with the tablet

amazonDOTcom/Galaxy-Genuine-Wacom-Stylus--S200EBEG/dp/B009PJN1U8/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393434446&sr=1-2&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s-pen+stylus+pen+with+eraser
hope this helps

-rising
Can you confirm is this stylus pixel accurate with the Note 12.2? Many times, even though they work, other styluses are off by a few pixels to one side. I'd hate to see someone needing a better pen for serious artwork run into this without knowing about it.

I notice that two of the reviews of that pen list that problem with Galaxy tablets.

Would really appreciate if you could check and let us know for certain.

I checked and the penabled stylus with my old LE1600 Tablet PC works with the 12.2, but of course it has the dreaded 4 pixel shift problem. It's such a rotten shame, because in every way it's a fantastic stylus and feels so comfortable in the hand (and there are tons of penabled Tablet PC styluses that are cheap). It makes the 12.2 feel like a really good drawing tablet compared to so-so with the s-Pen, but that pixel shift means it can't really be used for accurate drawing. It's too much of a difference from where you're pressing and where the line gets drawn to be trusted for serious drawing, but it'll pass for note-taking.

Anyway, please check this out if you can.

risingdead15

Aug 25, 2010
Can you confirm is this stylus pixel accurate with the Note 12.2? Many times, even though they work, other styluses are off by a few pixels to one side. I'd hate to see someone needing a better pen for serious artwork run into this without knowing about it.

I notice that two of the reviews of that pen list that problem with Galaxy tablets.

I checked and the penabled stylus with my old LE1600 Tablet PC works with the 12.2, but of course it has the dreaded 4 pixel shift problem. It's such a rotten shame, because in every way it's a fantastic stylus and feels so comfortable in the hand (and there are tons of penabled Tablet PC styluses that are cheap). It makes the 12.2 feel like a really good drawing tablet compared to so-so with the s-Pen, but that pixel shift means it can't really be used for accurate drawing. It's too much of a difference from where you're pressing and where the line gets drawn to be trusted for serious drawing, but it'll pass for note-taking.

Hi

I just recieved another one and they both work perfectly for me, the marks are made exactly on the tip. I use this tablet mostly for taking notes in the class and sometimes drawing anatomy structures (med student). Absolutely love it

This is the exact one i got -
paydealsDOTcom/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Pen-Stylus-Eraser/dp/B009QW3SGQ

Hope this helps
rising

JSandel

Mar 6, 2012

+1 on this. Just what I want to know.

Anyone who can advise on stylus accuracy, for those of us who haven't picked up a Pro 12.2, thank you in advance for all specifics you can share!

risingdead15

Aug 25, 2010
Hi Guys,

So brief update on the 8pi pen, I have attached some pics that should clarify that the pen works the same as the stock pen. I have had no issues with writing, drawing or otherwise with either pens.

Hope this answers your questions
Rising

Writing
dropboxDOTcom/s/ft2z3csp44asfzr/SPEN-TEST.png

Stock Pen
dropboxDOTcom/s/gn7eagcyxcylrki/SPen-Stock.JPG

Samsung 8pi Pen I mentioned in my previous post
dropboxDOTcom/s/g6rfaekxif8xj2r/SPen%208pi.JPG

JSandel

Mar 6, 2012
Hi Guys,

So brief update on the 8pi pen, I have attached some pics that should clarify that the pen works the same as the stock pen. I have had no issues with writing, drawing or otherwise with either pens.

Rising

Writing

Stock Pen

Thank you for that! Good to know.

loQ on

Mar 2, 2014
Atlantic City
Change tips?

Hi,

hope this helps

-rising

Hello,

Could you please tell me if you can replace the hard white tips with softer black rubber(ish) tips with the 8pi? I marked up my o.g. 10.1 with hard plastic ones(I have a heavy hand when drawing) & i don't wanna have that happen on this tab. Thank you advance.

risingdead15

Aug 25, 2010
Hello,

Could you please tell me if you can replace the hard white tips with softer black rubber(ish) tips with the 8pi? I marked up my o.g. 10.1 with hard plastic ones(I have a heavy hand when drawing) & i don't wanna have that happen on this tab. Thank you advance.

The pen comes with both hard and soft tips, you can replace them, I personally use hard tips on if I have a screen protector on, otherwise soft tips work nicely

Reactions: loQ on

JSandel

Mar 6, 2012
I've ordered one, now. Thanks for the info on this. Now, I just need to get a tablet....Hmm....

ExtremeRyno, please post your results with the stylus here. And any drawings you care to share. I'm waiting for the ATT LTE version to come out, so I'm curious about what drawing apps you use, how the accuracy feels to you &c.

(On the iPad, I've gotten a lot of good stuff with Sketchbook Pro—but the fat-tipped styluses bite!)

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
ExtremeRyno, please post your results with the stylus here. And any drawings you care to share. I'm waiting for the ATT LTE version to come out, so I'm curious about what drawing apps you use, how the accuracy feels to you &c.

(On the iPad, I've gotten a lot of good stuff with Sketchbook Pro—but the fat-tipped styluses bite!)

Very satisfied with my purchase. The size is just about the same as a regular ink pen. I'm thinking of putting on a rubber grip on it..just gotta figure out what to do about the button. I guess mark the location with a paint drop.

Pics:

http://imgur.com/a/fpIb8

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
Bamboo is ok, hard tip. The Samsung be pen works great. Full thick pen. Pricey but nice

Sent from my SM-P905V using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Rising

Writing

Stock Pen

Hi,

hope this helps

-rising
    Hi,

hope this helps

-rising

Hi

I just recieved another one and they both work perfectly for me, the marks are made exactly on the tip. I use this tablet mostly for taking notes in the class and sometimes drawing anatomy structures (med student). Absolutely love it

This is the exact one i got -
    paydealsDOTcom/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Pen-Stylus-Eraser/dp/B009QW3SGQ

Hope this helps
    rising
    Hello,

The pen comes with both hard and soft tips, you can replace them, I personally use hard tips on if I have a screen protector on, otherwise soft tips work nicely