Originally Posted by eriol33
hi there. I just won an auction of Asus Tf 101 (with the dock) about 199 NZD (163 USD) with the shipping fee, my total is 176 USD. do you think the price worth it? previously I have bought some crappy android tablets, and this is my first bought something from famous brand. I mainly will use this to read books, comics, maybe watching movies and playing games, but these are not really priority.
Do you think that price is justified? I'm currently living in new zealand, the electronic price here is ridiculously expensive, and the newest one is still priced 400-500+ USD. which is insane since this machine was released 3 years ago. I actually wanted to buy lenovo s6000, but unfortunately they don't sell it in new zealand, and the price is exceeding my budget.
since I probably will use this tablet for 3-4 years, my questions are:
1. is there any way I can replace the battery? (I never bought any hi-end tablet because most of their batteries are not easily replaceable)
2. is it still good for current gaming? not that I like tablet gaming though, but it would be nice if this tablet can play popular 3d games in android
3. for you who have used it for years, can it replace word processing in laptop? is it comfortable to edit documents in this tablet?
4. do I need to put screen protector or it's okay to leave as it is since it's use gorilla glass?
1. Yes, but you shouldn't need to since the battery life of the tablet is very good (especially with dock). You need a Torx screwdriver (I forget the exact size) to open up the tablet to get to the battery.
2. It's OK, but not very good for newer 3D games. But this is Android, not a PC. The best games aren't 3D.
3. No. Document writing sucks.
4. No need. Gorilla glass is great. But it is very glossy and is a grease/fingerprint magnet. If you want a protector, I'd get a matte one.
Enjoy your new toy. Flash KatKiss (4.3 or 4.4) on it and you should be happy for a while.