Originally Posted by blackangst
So, I cant seem to be able to connect my G2 to the PC via USB cable. I get "usb device not recognized" error, and when looking for the device via LGPC Suite, it says driver not installed and attempts to re-install the driver to no avail. Im using Win 7 64 bit. Here's what Ive done to attempt to fix it:
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the driver and LGPC Suite in my normal user account and in admin admin account.
Redownloaded both driver and LGPC Suite and doing the above.
Tried 3 different USB cables.
Tried 2 different USB ports.
Yes, Im changing the connection options on the phone from MTP and LG Software.
Phone charges normally over USB.
I *can* however connect to LGPC Suite via wifi successfully.
Any ideas? Im stumped.
Sorry for bumping old thread, but have you found a solution? I found my self in exactly same situation as you describe.
- Phone is in LG Software mode
- LG Suite can find the phone over Wi-fi, other modes work through USB.
- Tried on two different computers, with win7/win8 respectively.
- Stock EU ROM, just bought it.
- Tried different USB ports.
Yet PC doesn't recognize it :/
EDIT: Never mind, solved it by following the following instructions in another thread:
Originally Posted by cmahendra
You must be on 64 bit windows. Not even on 64bit, Still try this...
1) Uninstall LG Drivers, LG PC Suite and anything you see named LG. Restart PC.
2) Install latest LG Driver from this post (step 4)
3) Install Optional MTP Driver from this post (step 4)
4) Open Windows Device Manager (just to watch whats happening.)
5) Disconnect Internet (To avoid stupid online WDM drivers)
6) Connect phone with Usb and let drivers install automatically. Give it some time to install drivers keeping watch on Device Manager window.
7) Keep changing USB connect modes to all modes one-by-one on Phone and let drivers install.
You should see MTP drivers installed now. If this does not help, cant think of anything else. If this works, press THANKS button
EDIT: Connect USB at backside of pc, directly to USB on pc motherboard.