[LG APP] Enable Group Messaging

Search This thread

joshyy_rey

Sep 16, 2010
ATL/Auburn
This is dumb. Carriers are getting it of control... I use hangouts. It handles group messages great

Sent from my LG-G2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SilentO

Jan 31, 2008
How did you get it to work player911? I have the Verizon version. Copied both all files to system/app and rebooted but nothing.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
If you have Verizon, it works automatically. Group Messaging works on the Verizon model... very well I might add.

I found each Tab "Group" and "Individual" allows for sending an MMS to the Group for all to see where Individual replies to all parties via SMS. I'm not sure it works properly on Hangouts, maybe it does but it has less response options (if any).

I don't know if this will work with any additional variants, I just pulled these from my Verizon model because I heard other variants don't have this feature.

shelbyisagirlsname

Aug 7, 2011
CA & AL
I am on stock rooted rom and it does not work on my AT&T device either. Should we start a bounty program?? I'm in for $5 - $10 if someone can get figure this out...

PS. I will also test any builds for anyone who attempts to tackle this pita.

Maybe someone with some Java experience can compare the Verizon APK to the AT&T apk to figure out what needs to be changed in order to enable group messaging? It would be greatly appreciated by many I'm sure :D

Mac1679

Nov 28, 2012
Austin, TX
Maybe someone with some Java experience can compare the Verizon APK to the AT&T apk to figure out what needs to be changed in order to enable group messaging? It would be greatly appreciated by many I'm sure :D

I'm reaching out to my main man from my S3 days to give me some ideas/pointers. I'll let you guys know one way or the other when I get something figured out...

Mac1679

Nov 28, 2012
Austin, TX
Any news?

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Not really any good news yet. This appears to be the same situation we had on the s3 which never got resolved and there were much smarter people over there than my rookie self.

I'm so frustrated with trying to get the app to work i have begun the process of attempting to port the entire Verizon based Rom. This is my first attempt so I'm trying to figure it out on my own before i have to pester any more devs.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: SteveO_148

Kogashuko

Sep 4, 2009
The official Kitkat update seems to have fixed this with mine on the stock app. If you have AT&T you can get it OTA. T-Mobile requires the LG upgrade tool. God only knows when spring will get it.

I am on T-mobile and it fixes the wifi calling MMS bug too.

Mac1679

Nov 28, 2012
Austin, TX
The official Kitkat update seems to have fixed this with mine on the stock app. If you have AT&T you can get it OTA. T-Mobile requires the LG upgrade tool. God only knows when spring will get it.

I can second that...Group MMS is working for me as well on the ATT KK. Which is great bc my lack of time and knowledge wasn't getting me very far

shelbyisagirlsname

Aug 7, 2011
CA & AL
I can second that...Group MMS is working for me as well on the ATT KK. Which is great bc my lack of time and knowledge wasn't getting me very far

This is great news! Now I just need xposed framework to work on 4.4.2 before I allow the update to go through. However, I have become pretty fond of Textra..

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveO_148

Mac1679

Nov 28, 2012
Austin, TX
This is great news! Now I just need xposed framework to work on 4.2.2 before I allow the update to go through. However, I have become pretty fond of Textra..

I didn't take the OTA update...I flashed KK via http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2665391...You get to keep root, the only downside is that there is no custom recovery option yet, so you are stuck on stock 4.4 unless you downgrade back to 4.2.2.

I also started to become fond of Textra but I'm a stock guy so I like the look and feel of the stock messaging app. Anyway, here is the proof in the pudding. PS. this thread was started by an iPhone user.

Attachments

• 2014-03-02-20-43-57.jpg
    2014-03-02-20-43-57.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 467

shelbyisagirlsname

Aug 7, 2011
CA & AL
I didn't take the OTA update...I flashed KK via http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2665391...You get to keep root, the only downside is that there is no custom recovery option yet, so you are stuck on stock 4.4 unless you downgrade back to 4.2.2.

I also started to become fond of Textra but I'm a stock guy so I like the look and feel of the stock messaging app. Anyway, here is the proof in the pudding. PS. this thread was started by an iPhone user.

Yeah I just can't live without xposed lol. So I'm going to wait it out until xposed works on kitkat before I upgrade to 4.4.2.

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
I have kitkat running clodystock 1.2 and i confirm that kitkat DOES NOT fix this issue. I still receive group messages separately. it's not the system but the app itself as we know. I use textra and have no issues with it although i prefer the stock messaging app. I must ise textra however as many of my friends are iphone heads and i'm included in many group messages.

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Did Elizabeth Goldston and Dad reply? :cyclops:

Lol. Just my sis and dad.

maybe this sound stupid :p
but afaik, the stock lg g2 keyboard look like this

2013-09-14-16.20.jpg

how did you make the space button wider than the original? :confused:

My keyboard always looks like that on the Verizon G2.

Actually I wish the comma and period would combine. I find myself ways hitting the comma.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It was brought to my attention that some of these G2 variants aren't supplying their stock Messaging Apps with the ability to Group Message:

u919.png

And I'll soon Upload the APK from the Verizon LG G2 that has this feature. I don't know what it will break (if anything) and you will need Root and a file explorer to copy the file over.

Attached Uploaded files here.

The Name is LGUSMms.apk. So you will probably need to rename it to match whatever your existing MMS apk is named. Also the SMS portion, which may be needed to call the MMS apk is named VZWSMS (Verizon SMS). So it seems it is specific. This will also probably need to be renamed to match your existing Messaging.

I had to ZIP the files because of the size. So you would just unzip and manually move into:
    Code:
     /SYSTEM/APP/

Also check permissions.

I'm reaching out to my main man from my S3 days to give me some ideas/pointers. I'll let you guys know one way or the other when I get something figured out...
    Sucks that it didn't come standard on some G2 Models. So instead, I use Textra app from play store. The best light weight sms/mms messaging app. Way smoother than stock one. Read the reviews...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

Sent from my G2
    Has this APK worked for anyone on AT&T?