Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Arrowblue

Jan 21, 2013
Antwerpen
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
Hi Guys,

I have an New Smartphone medion P4501 md 98428 This mobile is only released in Europe.
There is a custom rom on it based on cm10 4.1.2 jb but most of useful functions are gone & There is no Supported Recovery for this device Only Stock Recovery so we cant flash any zip at all.

If you do have Medionp4501 md 98428 and you did find any thing intresting share with us over here i tried alot of apps and stuff that i will share it with you guys.I tried alot of Z1 Apps like album and Walkman i pushed them in to system folder with Rwrr permission but the .Apk files wont work if you guys have Album app or other Z1 app that works on jb 4.1.2 odex rom do share with us.

I found an app Flash gordon that flashes .zip files on your device with out a custom recovery but it does not work all the time. Link here.

Request For developers:
So i am making this thread if any developers shows intrest in our device and want to help us to make cwm/twrp recovery.So that we also can enjoy a custom recovery and new features and apps its odex rom with Blocked boot loader.I manage to root it & thats all.

Download Links:
Here is the Medion P4501 Stock Recovery Link
Here is the Medion P4501 Stock Jb 4.1.2 Kernel

Check 2nd Post for Root.

Last edited:

Arrowblue

Jan 21, 2013
Antwerpen
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
How to root medion p4501 md 98428

Caution
Before you do any thing in your System partition do know that Medion p4501 do not have any custom recovery so you can use stock recovery to backup data and others but it wont backup your system partition so you cant revert back to your stock rom !!!

1. Download Cydia Impactor to your desktop – Windows Download Link here
2. Extract the package to your desktop
3. Run the Cydia Impactor tool
4. On your Android device, enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Options
5. Connect the device to a USB port on your computer
6. On Windows, you would need to have the USB drivers for your device installed. If not, you can also use the inbuilt Driver Scan
function in the tool to automatically construct and install a driver for your device
7. Click the Start buton, after making sure that # drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su is selected in the dropdown menu
8. Wait for the tool to do its thing
9. Once done, download and install SuperSU from the Play Store & Reboot your device.
10. Enjoy Root access on your Android device

OR

Use Kingo root to root Any Android device & Enjoy.

Kingo Root Link here

Last edited:
Reactions: BamSec1

BamSec1

Mar 4, 2008
Antwerp
Followed the instruction and did everything like explained (enabled USB Debugging), but while the process is in action, I get the following message on my phone;
"Unfortunately, Payload has stopped."

On my PC I also get this error msg;
"_assert(stream.sgetn(static)cast<char *>(data), size) == size)"

The Cydia Impactor shows [stopping process].

Any idea what could be the cause for these errors to occur?

Thanks

Edit:
Did a reset of my device and got no errors anymore.
I think it's fixed.
Thank you very much. :)

Last edited:

Arrowblue

Jan 21, 2013
Antwerpen
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
Followed the instruction and did everything like explained (enabled USB Debugging), but while the process is in action, I get the following message on my phone;

Thanks

Edit:
I think it's fixed.

Het is graag gedaan..

If you guys want any help with Medion p4501 do quote me in your message other wise i dont get any notification that some one placed any thing on this Thread. I had medion p4501 now i am moved to other mobile i change my mobile like every month so any issues or some thing ask me over here i will try to help.

P4man

Jul 29, 2011
Het is graag gedaan..

If you guys want any help with Medion p4501 do quote me in your message other wise i dont get any notification that some one placed any thing on this Thread. I had medion p4501 now i am moved to other mobile i change my mobile like every month so any issues or some thing ask me over here i will try to help.

I have an issue with 2 P4501's. The top few cm of the touchscreen registers taps, but doesnt correctly register tap & hold. Its like I release the touch immediately even though I keep my finger pressed down. Both my phones have the exact same issue, and its regardless of which app I run. Home screen, game or some touchscreen test app, they all do it.

Anyone else having this, and any chance for a fix?

Arrowblue

Jan 21, 2013
Antwerpen
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
I have an issue with 2 P4501's. The top few cm of the touchscreen registers taps, but doesnt correctly register tap & hold. Its like I release the touch immediately even though I keep my finger pressed down. Both my phones have the exact same issue, and its regardless of which app I run. Home screen, game or some touchscreen test app, they all do it.

I dont have p4501 any more i am an hardware tester so i dont stick arround with an mobile for long time. but i do know this problem alot of people are having it.Un root your mobile relock it and bring it back.

Arrowblue

Jan 21, 2013
Antwerpen
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
Hey Guys,,

since there is no Cwm recovery for Medion p4501 so i decided to make one. But i do need your help !
I dont have this device any more so can any one dump the boot.img ??????????????

Please do let me know if any want to help than i can start building an cwm recovery for this device.

Grody

Mar 28, 2012
Hamburg
Het is graag gedaan..

Hey there, i have a Medion p4501 stuck in bootloop after changing fonts. The Stock recovery and Kernel you posted, is not working to flash from the stock recovery menu.

Can you upload me a backup of yours, or give any help to me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to root medion p4501 md 98428

Caution
    Before you do any thing in your System partition do know that Medion p4501 do not have any custom recovery so you can use stock recovery to backup data and others but it wont backup your system partition so you cant revert back to your stock rom !!!

1. Download Cydia Impactor to your desktop – Windows Download Link here
    2. Extract the package to your desktop
    3. Run the Cydia Impactor tool
    4. On your Android device, enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Options
    5. Connect the device to a USB port on your computer
    6. On Windows, you would need to have the USB drivers for your device installed. If not, you can also use the inbuilt Driver Scan
    function in the tool to automatically construct and install a driver for your device
    7. Click the Start buton, after making sure that # drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su is selected in the dropdown menu
    8. Wait for the tool to do its thing
    9. Once done, download and install SuperSU from the Play Store & Reboot your device.
    10. Enjoy Root access on your Android device

OR

Use Kingo root to root Any Android device & Enjoy.

Kingo Root Link here

Thanks

Edit:
    I think it's fixed.

Het is graag gedaan..

I dont have p4501 any more i am an hardware tester so i dont stick arround with an mobile for long time. but i do know this problem alot of people are having it.Un root your mobile relock it and bring it back.