Should i get the moto g?

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By mixed nuts, Junior Member on 1st March 2014, 03:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd March 2014, 02:07 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Let's just say that Moto G is not mid range phone. My stepson just bought it for $99 at Radio Shack for Boost. Since he's had it, only data works, can't make or receive calls not once in 5 days. I would call list a low range phone, note 2 is high end, has 2 Gb Ram where Moto G only has 1 Gb. Huge difference on how a phone behaves, smoothness and running apps. Moto G is fine for a teen, not for someone who has already owned a high end phone. I sympathize though if conditions warrant having to buy a a cheap phone to get through end of contract or whatever catastrophe brings a person to have to buy a cheap phone. I've been there, but I would rather have a flip dumb phone while my phone is away at repair than a laggy smartphone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

2nd March 2014, 02:38 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmraymond

Let's just say that Moto G is not mid range phone. My stepson just bought it for $99 at Radio Shack for Boost. Since he's had it, only data works, can't make or receive calls not once in 5 days. I would call list a low range phone, note 2 is high end, has 2 Gb Ram where Moto G only has 1 Gb. Huge difference on how a phone behaves, smoothness and running apps. Moto G is fine for a teen, not for someone who has already owned a high end phone. I sympathize though if conditions warrant having to buy a a cheap phone to get through end of contract or whatever catastrophe brings a person to have to buy a cheap phone. I've been there, but I would rather have a flip dumb phone while my phone is away at repair than a laggy smartphone.

There is either something wrong with the phone your stepson bought or neither of you know anything about the phone. I run it stock and the battery, call clarity and performance have all been great, nothing shy of impressive for the price you pay for it.

Is it a Note 2 or GS4? Nope, but duh, you aren't paying for those either.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roguefoxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Roguefoxx Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 03:38 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmraymond

I know plenty about phones. To date I have owned in order Motorola CLIQ, Samsung Vibrant, HTC My Touch, my touch 4g, My Touch 4 G slide, Samsung Vibrant, galaxy s 4g, Motorola Droid RAZR maxx, HTC one, and most recent and current Galaxy note 2. And what have you owned? I haven't used my stepson phone at all, I just know based on specs that the Moto G is not as good as a not 2. For the price it's a great phone, for the price. But it's no Note 2.

2nd March 2014, 08:56 AM |#14  
Flag Buckeye
Thanks Meter: 1,049

Donate to Me
More
Depends on your budget haha also when the LG f70 is out I will try and port lg kitkat ui to our moto G. I like lg ui so I'm doing this for me and for some who are interested.

Sent From My Muthaf***** Moto G
2nd March 2014, 01:46 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member

More
I can't decide.. I get to confused when i hear different opinions.. Do you really think I'll regret it? The moto g is easily rooted unlike the note 2 but the note 2 have better specs

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
2nd March 2014, 02:01 PM |#16  
Flag ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Thanks Meter: 358

Donate to Me
More
Better specs means nothing, I had a Samsung Galaxy Express and my girlfriend a Samsung Galaxy S4, and i can say that Moto G performs much better. The stock android and optimizations blow samsung touchwiz out of the water. I have the Moto G for 2 days and i simply love it, not to mention the price, i sold my Galaxy Express for 166 euros and bought the moto g for 210 euro the 16 GB version. Oh, from the money of the galaxy express and s4 we bought 2 moto g and a nexus 7 2013 edition and left with some extra money to speend.
2nd March 2014, 03:18 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixed nuts

I can't decide.. I get to confused when i hear different opinions.. Do you really think I'll regret it? The moto g is easily rooted unlike the note 2 but the note 2 have better specs

The obvious drawbacks with the Moto G are the 3G speeds and the somewhat low storage space available due to not being able to use a sdcard. Other than that I can't really find any other faults in the phone. I do wish the soft nav keys were located in all the black space available on the bottom of the phone. Instead they take up a small portion of the 4.5" screen so there is that, but it's not a big deal at all really.
2nd March 2014, 03:28 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Quote:

I'll chime in one time here. I am a hardcore android user and have been since the g1. I usually take the custom ROM route. Because of budget constraints I picked up one of these. For the price it is a phenomenal phone unmatched. I run stock with faux kernel, exposed with some modules. It does everything I want it to with ease. In benchmarks it matches my well tuned nexus ten. It real world performance I find it to exceed the nexus 10. Its a whole lot of phone for not a lot of money. And to be fair I'm not being biased. A slightly bigger screen would have been nice though...

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newellj79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift newellj79 Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 04:44 PM |#19  
OP Junior Member

More
I think I'll just go for it since i don't really mind the smaller screen besides what's the use of a bigger screen when most of it isn't used anyway? On my note 2 while watching a video the black borders take a lot of space on my screen.. I don't think I'll regret it.
Thanks everyone

The Following User Says Thank You to mixed nuts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mixed nuts Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 04:52 PM |#20  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:

I think I'll just go for it since i don't really mind the smaller screen besides what's the use of a bigger screen when most of it isn't used anyway? On my note 2 while watching a video the black borders take a lot of space on my screen.. I don't think I'll regret it.
Thanks everyone

Great choice, still funny how people compare expensive phones to cheap ones, of course it is going to be a huge difference. What they should do is compare it by price to other unlocked phones that are the same price as moto g.
2nd March 2014, 05:06 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I would stick with the N2 for now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)