HTC Desire 601/HTC Zara - room,root,mods

144 posts
Thanks Meter: 100

By SPSPaWn, Senior Member on 15th November 2013, 08:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd March 2014, 04:08 PM |#1191  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Me s-off using the rumrunner does not work. I have tried many times. Stock odex rom, supersu, busybox, unsecured kernel and still does not work. I tried to flash rom and kernel Zara CL on Zara UL ( working ), but s-off did not work.

2nd March 2014, 04:16 PM |#1192  
Flag Stratford CT USA
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modifhigher

it got to pouring ][2] and now i have a ton of dots and a bootloop...
EDIT:im s-off,unlocked and have a tampered flag in bootloader,
now do i just run the ruu?

how can i remove the hcheck file?
2nd March 2014, 04:21 PM |#1193  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:

Go to recovery Mount - and select system then back to menu
Advanced - File Manager
Find file in system/bin and delete it
The Following User Says Thank You to standak14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift standak14 Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 05:12 PM |#1194  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 513

More
Quote:

it got to pouring ][2] and now i have a ton of dots and a bootloop...
EDIT:im s-off,unlocked and have a tampered flag in bootloader,
now do i just run the ruu?

Quote:

My favorite thing to say because it sounds totally contradictory: The boot-looping means it worked.

If you want to remain stock run the RUU now, this will restore the deleted files from unlocking via HTC and remove the tampered flag. Also, since you just unlocked you don't have to worry about the RUU wiping data. You have to re-lock your bootloader to run it which is where things start to get "fun".
  • Relock your bootloader (fastboot oem lock)
  • Run the RUU
  • Flash TWRP from hboot (copy the attached file to the root of your sdcard then "adb reboot bootloader", if you load into fastboot hit the power button to switch).
  • From TWRP you can delete the file or install SuperSU and then delete it using the file manager of your choice.
  • Once deleted follow the steps is previously mentioned thread to unlock bootloader.

I'm keeping my phone essentially stock right now in preparation for the 4.4.2 update due near the end of the month. I have modified a few files, but I made a copy before modifying them so I can just restore the originals when it's update time. I have Titanium Backup Pro freezing all the VM bloat so the files are all still there in case the update checks for them. I also simply renamed hcheck to hcheck.bak.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 0P4EIMG.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.89 MB, 33 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -Duir- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -Duir- Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 07:22 PM |#1195  
Flag Gilmer
Thanks Meter: 852

Donate to Me
More
Edit.....I'm an idiot
2nd March 2014, 09:15 PM |#1196  
Flag Lost Angeles
Thanks Meter: 464

More
Just curious. What's the advantage of having engHboot?

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using Tapatalk
2nd March 2014, 09:46 PM |#1197  
Flag Stratford CT USA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Duir-

My favorite thing to say because it sounds totally contradictory: The boot-looping means it worked.

If you want to remain stock run the RUU now, this will restore the deleted files from unlocking via HTC and remove the tampered flag. Also, since you just unlocked you don't have to worry about the RUU wiping data. You have to re-lock your bootloader to run it which is where things start to get "fun".

• Relock your bootloader (fastboot oem lock)
  • Run the RUU
  • Flash TWRP from hboot (copy the attached file to the root of your sdcard then "adb reboot bootloader", if you load into fastboot hit the power button to switch).
  • From TWRP you can delete the file or install SuperSU and then delete it using the file manager of your choice.
  • Once deleted follow the steps is previously mentioned thread to unlock bootloader.

I'm keeping my phone essentially stock right now in preparation for the 4.4.2 update due near the end of the month. I have modified a few files, but I made a copy before modifying them so I can just restore the originals when it's update time. I have Titanium Backup Pro freezing all the VM bloat so the files are all still there in case the update checks for them. I also simply renamed hcheck to hcheck.bak.

Whats this file attached to the end of your post?and i second the previous users question.i know an eng hboot has its perks,but what are they?

HTC Zara CL S-Off
2nd March 2014, 10:10 PM |#1198  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lawton, OK
Thanks Meter: 4,496

More
Can I CL user reboot into bootloader and issue the command below. Find the two lines of IMEI and MEID. They should be exactly the same except for the last digit of IMEI. What is that last extra number?

fastboot getvar all
2nd March 2014, 11:14 PM |#1199  
Flag Stratford CT USA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz

Can I CL user reboot into bootloader and issue the command below. Find the two lines of IMEI and MEID. They should be exactly the same except for the last digit of IMEI. What is that last extra number?

fastboot getvar all

Sorry bud,no longer near the pc.is there any other way to get it?

HTC Zara CL S-Off
The Following User Says Thank You to modifhigher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift modifhigher Ad-Free
3rd March 2014, 01:00 AM |#1200  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz

fastboot getvar all

Not sure it's exact meaning
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kwkbnk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kwkbnk Ad-Free
3rd March 2014, 02:44 AM |#1201  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Eng hboot allows changing the model id, so you can get an ota from a different carrier
The Following User Says Thank You to mrplowdan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrplowdan Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)