Jun 4, 2012
lebanon
uploadfromtaptalk1391075384906.jpg

Sent from my HTCSensation using Tapatalk

Mastermindsaifee

Jan 21, 2014
Karachi
Updated to the latest version, 4ext Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC9

EDIT: No need to rename it now, just download and put on sdcard.
Edited because some people could not get it to work because renaming it was the hardest thing in the world :banghead:

All credits to Madmaxx for this great recovery.... :D

Download PB99IMG.zip and put it on the root of ur sdcard (not in a folder) and then with ur phone off hold volume down + power. ur bootloader will look for the PB99IMG then ask u if u want to update recovery, volume up for YES, it will then ask you to reboot device, volume down for NO. Once its finished u now have 4ext recovery and just use volume buttons to navigate to recovery then press power button to enter recovery. I have tried it myself and it works, its the exact same method to install as Alpharev's hboots via PB99IMG.
Dont forget u must be S-OFF lol

Dont forget to delete it off sdcard once ur done or u will get asked to update everytime u enter bootloader

MD5 - 79496e1478ea56e33f3f2d90ac88adfe

(Also u can extract the PB99IMG.zip file and flash recovery.img via fastboot commands or android flasher)

I flashed a RUU to get back to stock , as my camera is not working after rooting, but unfortunately it is not working on stock too, so i want to get back to rooting I tried to flash 4ext as u explained but phone didnt go into bootloader, it starts normally , when i press vol down + power buton, I Cant get in to bootloader, what to do now ?

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

I flashed a RUU to get back to stock , as my camera is not working after rooting, but unfortunately it is not working on stock too, so i want to get back to rooting I tried to flash 4ext as u explained but phone didnt go into bootloader, it starts normally , when i press vol down + power buton, I Cant get in to bootloader, what to do now ?

Solved ::

Just Pull off the Battery and insert it again, then press Vol down + power button, Do it always whenever u want to go in bootloader :)

Reactions: Karitt 01

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Solved ::

Just Pull off the Battery and insert it again, then press Vol down + power button, Do it always whenever u want to go in bootloader :)

Or go into settings/ power/ then uncheck fastboot :)

Reactions: dariush_jab

nass1470

Jun 23, 2009

Edited because some people could not get it to work because renaming it was the hardest thing in the world :banghead:

Download PB99IMG.zip and put it on the root of ur sdcard (not in a folder) and then with ur phone off hold volume down + power. ur bootloader will look for the PB99IMG then ask u if u want to update recovery, volume up for YES, it will then ask you to reboot device, volume down for NO. Once its finished u now have 4ext recovery and just use volume buttons to navigate to recovery then press power button to enter recovery. I have tried it myself and it works, its the exact same method to install as Alpharev's hboots via PB99IMG.

Dont forget to delete it off sdcard once ur done or u will get asked to update everytime u enter bootloader

(Also u can extract the PB99IMG.zip file and flash recovery.img via fastboot commands or android flasher)

After unziping and updating ...there is only one option - Press Power to reboot
No other way. So where did you see the next step? "Once its finished u now have 4ext recovery and just use volume buttons to navigate to recovery then press power button to enter recovery"
Thanks.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
After unziping and updating ...there is only one option - Press Power to reboot
No other way. So where did you see the next step? "Once its finished u now have 4ext recovery and just use volume buttons to navigate to recovery then press power button to enter recovery"
Thanks.

im almost certain it asked me if i want to reboot "yes or no" anyway what does it matter? u still have 4ext recovery installed. aint that whats important?

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
I don't know what is CID. Could you please refer me any link where I can get this info and next step to troubleshoot?

Setup adb & fastboot on ur computer (check bortaks guide in my sig) then once thats done boot ur phone into fadtboot, plug into pc and type fastboot command

fastboot getvar all

Ur cid will be there. Or flash recovery via fastboot command, the command is

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

All this is in bortaks troubleshooting guide.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Setup adb & fastboot on ur computer (check bortaks guide in my sig) then once thats done boot ur phone into fadtboot, plug into pc and type fastboot command

fastboot getvar all

Ur cid will be there. Or flash recovery via fastboot command, the command is

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

All this is in bortaks troubleshooting guide.

Ok so never mind that guide. Did u set up adb & fastboot?

Apr 7, 2015
New Holland
Lol.....this is why I asked . I gotta watch myself around here with so many desires.
Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my HTC331ZLVWPP using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'll give it a try. Sdcard is already formatted through gparted on Ubuntu.
    Just need the option to wipe data/factory reset the current rom and install the rom i want to use :)

Should i use your version of 4ext or the newest one for desire gsm?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

U can use this 1 for now, its a bit older but it will do till u get ur phone booted then just click the 4ext recovery in my sig and download the 4ext recovery updater app and flash the latest version

Edit: its now the latest version :)

Sent from my HTC Desire
    Thats something iv never tried but as long as ur s-off i dont see why not, it should be alright. If ur not 100% sure about it then install CWM when using revolutionary and flash superuser then u can always download the 4ext recovery updater app from 4ext site and flash it from the app.

Sent from my non - JB HTC Desire
    It did actually work, I just skipped the superuser and titanium part as there was no wish to restore anything...

So simply did a nandroid backup right after 4EXT flash, followed by a Hboot update to alpharev cm7r2 also using img99 method.
    Last I have made a ext4 partition on the sd.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
    hi, which version of the recovery works best for you all ? i had bought the 4ext updater apk long time back. but it wont let me flash the latest recovery, when i go the previous versions one by one i keep getting "you are in safe mode. if you have changed your hboot then format your system etc etc.... even though i havent changed the hboot.

i dont get this msg with v1004 rc3
    thanks

Just boot into recovery, do a nandroid backup, then format all partitions except sdcard, reboot recovery, wipe dalvik then restore backup and then try update recovery using the app

Sent from my HTC Desire